• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9
8.4

1. Oct 1, 2014
    How I Met your mother may be the greatest show of all time. I have watched it many times and even though the ended annoyed me the first time i watched I came to learn how the planning of the show was so precise that it could not have ended any other way.
  2. Jul 15, 2014
    HILARIOUS, but not just that. It is so much in itself. I love it, its so funny, but at the same time, I cried at times, it's story is amazing, it just rocks.
  3. Apr 6, 2014
    It's like Pulp Fiction in a way. The story is jumbled in confusing ways which eventually lead up to It's grand point. How I Met Your Mother does this well. It's entertaining in comedy, but that just might be It's only entertaining point.
  4. Apr 1, 2014
    Was very enjoyable for the first few seasons, then dragged through the rest with a few ups and downs in quality. The comedy was pretty solid early, but the drama was typically brought on forcefully and felt a bit soapy. The finale was very disappointing.
  5. Mar 8, 2014
    It started so great, and I loved it, but the past three seasons have been truly awful, and basically been used just to pull more money in for the show. I'm glad it's ending so I won't have to see this awful show again.
  6. PHJ
    Mar 7, 2014
    Great starturn! The show sems like some kind of Friends and Big Bang Theory, but the idea is great and the shows follows it nicely, the characters are outstanding, the actors are great as well the performance, just great!

It's a starturn for this show really, but somes jokes sems to be repetitives, isn't something that spoilers the show at all, but is a little awkward detail.
  7. Feb 12, 2014
    No, just no. It was good first 3 seasons but then it has made feel so repetitive. So many awkward and unnecessary things happened. None of the characters are funny or original at all, except for Barney who is not anymore. It's just an average sitcom for me now. Just a cheap clone of Friends.
  8. Dec 31, 2013
    A good start to a promising show. The show is very very smart, it keeps track of every single detail and remembers them to use in the future. The characters feel like real friends because of the way they have little jokes between them, very good start indeed. Although would make a better drama than comedy.
  9. Nov 28, 2013
    Yes, the show can be cheesy sometimes, but that's its' appeal. It's a light-hearted comedy which is pretty funny the characters are likeable and the show is entertaining.
  10. Nov 17, 2013
    This show is downright fantastic and very entertaining. I grew up watching this show and It's been a part of my life since it began in 2005. Performances from Harris and Smulders are phenomenal. Keep up the good work!!!!

Grade: 98%
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    This was my favorite show for a long time however I think this final season concept is terrible and is dreadful to watch. I feel like in 8 episode so far this season, the show has not gone anywhere. All it is this season is a bunch of jokes that are not even funny. I miss the lighthearted moments that made it more of comedy drama.
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    How I Met Your Mother is one of those sitcoms where you sit down to have a good laugh and it turns out to have heart warming stories and a bunch of amazing personalities. Season One kicks off the show extraordinarily well, its filled with a bunch of memorable moments like when Ted steels the blue french horn for Robin, when Ted meets Victoria, new years, and a whole bunch more. HonestlyHow I Met Your Mother is one of those sitcoms where you sit down to have a good laugh and it turns out to have heart warming stories and a bunch of amazing personalities. Season One kicks off the show extraordinarily well, its filled with a bunch of memorable moments like when Ted steels the blue french horn for Robin, when Ted meets Victoria, new years, and a whole bunch more. Honestly when i started watching this show i did not expect it to become one of my top 5 favorite TV Shows. Its gonna be Legen- wait for it, and i hope your not lactose an tolerant because the second part of that word is dary. Expand
  13. Sep 19, 2013
    HIMYM is a great show, there have been a lot of complaints about the story line but in all fairness, its a funny show and super entertaining. I for one never got bored from watching it.
  14. Sep 17, 2013
    My favorite show. It takes humor, wit, and some romance and blend it in a pleasant show with appealing actors and an original storyline. Also, the way they present the mother and use symbolism throughout the show is genius.
  15. Aug 10, 2013
    I immediately got hooked on the very first episode, when I watched it last year in June. I finished watching the entire series within a month. A year later, I find my self rewatching it for the second time. Almost done with season 1 and not going to stop watching until I finish it off again, and then season 9 will be on TV :D
  16. Aug 7, 2013
    this show literally makes me laugh every episode. I can see how people wouldnt find it funny though, its one of those shows that u either love or hate.
  17. Aug 2, 2013
    I can't understand why this show is popular. I really want to like it, mainly because I love Jason Segal and Neil Patrick Harris but it is just not funny. I am not interested or attracted to any of the other characters, I don't think Segal and Harris are funny and I think the writing is terrible. I can't understand the positive critic reviews for this sad show, which reminds me of theI can't understand why this show is popular. I really want to like it, mainly because I love Jason Segal and Neil Patrick Harris but it is just not funny. I am not interested or attracted to any of the other characters, I don't think Segal and Harris are funny and I think the writing is terrible. I can't understand the positive critic reviews for this sad show, which reminds me of the level of humor we found on unfunny shows of yore, such as Three's Company, Good Times and Facts of Life. And I hate to see Segal and Harris wasting their talents on this show. Is it me? Expand
  18. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When first hearing this show I was skeptical that it would be any good. However on watching it, I came to realize that is was a very good show indeed. The jokes are generally funny on the show (which is important for a comedy) and it is easy to like and relate to the characters. Exploring the past of Ted Mosby through his future perspective gives it an unique element that other comedies most certainly lack. The season ends well, and certainly encourages you to want to start watching season 2. Expand
  19. Jul 6, 2013
    The show is filled with poor actors, irritating characters and moronic moments. over rated and boring.
    This show is a poor version of FRIENDS. People should try and make something different, they have stolen many ideas and jokes from friends & these poor actors have not been able to execute even that properly. This show sucks big time, unlike friends in which you can laugh your asses out throughout the episode, the 22 min. running episode is only funny when Barney is around.
  20. Jun 18, 2013
    NEVER END PLEASE Because this is Legen-Wait for it DARY Such a good show Big Bang is so over rated, and this show with such depth and no continuous 'fillers' (pointless episodes made to fill up spaces) like honestly one episode penny says she loves Leonard well yeah it just leave that chuck Lorre go back to two and a half men which you have left for dead R.I.P TWO AND A HALF MEM
  21. Jun 16, 2013
    simply one of the best American series of all time
    the story is very good
    the flashbacks and the flash-forwards are very well organised
    and the actors are very funny
  22. Jun 12, 2013
    I didn't bother to watch "How I Met Your Mother" the title didn't sound to convincing. Then one day I didn't have nothing to do. So I finally decided to watch it. I regret not watching it when the first episode aired. I absolutely love this show! It's so funny. Every episode is funny. Especially the womanizer Barney. The show also show and tells you positive messages throughout the series.I didn't bother to watch "How I Met Your Mother" the title didn't sound to convincing. Then one day I didn't have nothing to do. So I finally decided to watch it. I regret not watching it when the first episode aired. I absolutely love this show! It's so funny. Every episode is funny. Especially the womanizer Barney. The show also show and tells you positive messages throughout the series. Like don't give up on friends and that they will always be there for you. Another great one is that do something and realize if its a mistake or not if it is don't do it again. And last one is don't give up keep trying. Overall this is a funny romantic positive show. That in every episode it keeps you entertained not bored. I absolutely love this show. It's a most see tv show! I give it a 10 out of 10 Expand
  23. Jun 12, 2013
    I've been watching this show from the start, since it aired to be accurate. And I love it, Barney's jokes with the playbook and his other books are fantastic. Ted being a little baby about not finding his love can be very touching at stages. but sometimes funny, because one time he gets a tramp stamp.
    Robin is a buzz kill, whenever Marshall has fun, 85% of the time she buzz kills the fun... Sometimes that is boring, but sometimes funny.
    Lily and Marshall, the lovely couple. They have been together for sooo long, and now they share something that they can't just erase from their lives.

They've added some fun things that I've never heard before. The slapbet for example, I had never heard anything about this until HIMYM.
  24. Jun 1, 2013
    A truly wonderful sitcom that manages to strike a brilliant balance between comic moments and impressive character development. HIMYM's characters seem realistic and draw the audience in making them truly feel emotions towards the characters of the show.

The way in which the story is told through a series of flashbacks is also very impressive and a great deal of credit must go to the writers as this cannot have been an easy way to write the show but simply it works.
  25. May 23, 2013
    this show is filled with poor actors, irritating characters and moronic moments. over rated and boring
  26. May 19, 2013
    This show had a good goal. To make people anticipate for something for 8 long years and even extending to a 9th season. But most of their jokes and writing aren't that good and making people wait can be either a big mistake or a good thing and this looks like a big mistake. But it is a good show to watch to just pass the time
  27. May 13, 2013
    Is this a comedy series?
    Is this a comedy series?
    I seriously doubt that any person could laugh while watching the series. Barney can not carry the load of all of his co-stars and make a whole episode as funny as one would like. The characters lack the depth. Other sitcoms which are running against HIMYM are much better-'' Friends, The big bang theory, Modern Family, Family guy, The Simpsons, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia etc.
  28. May 13, 2013
    This show is a poor version of FRIENDS. People should try and make something different, they have stolen many ideas and jokes from friends & these poor actors have not been able to execute even that properly. This show sucks big time, unlike friends in which you can laugh your lungs out throughout, the 22 min. running episode is only funny when Barney is on screen.
  29. Apr 20, 2013
    Boy, is this show bad or what. This show is really unfunny. With a cast like this, I really expected it to be actually funny. But sadly, this is all we get. It does tend to have it's decent episodes, but most of them (and I mean 90% of the episodes) are just bad. I mean seriously, it doesn't take over 8 seasons to tell the story of how one man met his lovely wife. Overall, it's a LONG...Boy, is this show bad or what. This show is really unfunny. With a cast like this, I really expected it to be actually funny. But sadly, this is all we get. It does tend to have it's decent episodes, but most of them (and I mean 90% of the episodes) are just bad. I mean seriously, it doesn't take over 8 seasons to tell the story of how one man met his lovely wife. Overall, it's a LONG... boring TV show. Expand
  30. Apr 10, 2013
    It is the modern day 'Friends', but more 'out there' and adult. I quickly got hooked and find it a fantastic show to watch whilst doing other things or to give me a guaranteed laugh. Within weeks I had watched the first seven series' so it is most certainly addictive. The show is quite simply legend wait for it dary!
    Warning you need to be able to handle canned laughter, potentially be
    Warning you need to be able to handle canned laughter, potentially be under 40 and like American culture otherwise I expect you won't like this series.
  31. Apr 3, 2013
    One of my favourite shows and one of the best TV has to offer... Although you can tell it got most of its ideas from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. the storyline is unique funny and you get attached to the characters from the first episode. In addition to that the way they show us the mother in the episodes is genius and you just cant wait to find out who she is... The only reason its not getting aOne of my favourite shows and one of the best TV has to offer... Although you can tell it got most of its ideas from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. the storyline is unique funny and you get attached to the characters from the first episode. In addition to that the way they show us the mother in the episodes is genius and you just cant wait to find out who she is... The only reason its not getting a 10/10 is that some episodes can get a bit boring... Expand
  32. Apr 1, 2013
    I wasn't initially expecting to like How I Met Your Mother but, seeing as even the best comedies take time to find their stride, I decided to stick with it and as this first season progressed I certainly began to see its appeal. I found only the odd episode consistently funny throughout but each it was able to raise a smile, as well as a few laughs.

Importantly however, unlike a number

Importantly however, unlike a number of generic sitcoms, How I Met Your Mother it is often willing to experiment with the structure of episodes and the main cast also undoubtedly bring a certain charm to their roles making it easy to care about the characters ensuring the show is never less than watchable.
    How I Met Your Mother may not have instantly become essential viewing for me but I will certainly continue watching into the shows second season and beyond and we have certainly seen far worse sit-coms make their way to us from across the pond.

To anyone reading this review I would say this is definitely a show worth trying for yourself.
  33. Mar 30, 2013
    This show is so amazing and it will be sad to see it go after season 9, the acting is amazing and I like the fact that it isn't a crappy sitcom with dumb jokes, its shows a lot of smarts and doesn't take itself too seriously
  34. Feb 18, 2013
    The characters are best ones since "Friends". Unfortunately during the last few seasons writers obviously start to run out of ideas and we see episodes with singing and dancing, celebrity guests, very odd scripts and... you know the drill. But still it tells something about the series that you will keep watching to know the answer to the title of the show.
  35. Jan 16, 2013
    I have a habit of hearing about a show and immediately deciding whether I'd like it or not. For years I neglected to watch this show because I figured I wouldn't like it. Well, after watching The Office from beginning to end 4 times, I figured I'd try a different show. I put on How I Met Your Mother and was immediately hooked. I love it!

The show is hilarious, the cast is great and the

The show is hilarious, the cast is great and the actual lessons they teach are something you can learn from. The flashbacks and how Ted tells the stories bring you more into the story than it just playing out. I've already finished Season 7 and desperately waiting for Season 8 to come out on Netflix. I started watching it from the beginning again to kill time until it does.

If you love comedy with a twist, this is the perfect show for you.
  36. Dec 30, 2012
    Great script and hilarious.
  37. Dec 26, 2012
    It is a comedy and it is funny, what else can there actually be for this genre. it does have some inconsistency in delivring the humor but 8 season in I still enjoy their company on screen.
  38. Dec 10, 2012
    This is one of the best romantic comedies I've ever seen in my life, especially because of the well-known actors. They are all great put together and they go through lots of adventures every time. I've gone through half of it, but in one week or two, I'll probably reach the last episode. (Hope not).
    If you are seeing this review and you have never seen "How I met your mother", I beg you to do so. Whether you watch it on the internet or buy it.
  39. Nov 29, 2012
    Starts out as a definite Friends rip off with Jason Segel saving the day. The main character is pretty obnoxious. Love interest suspense is blown right away (And that's how I met... your Aunt Robin), but we still have to suffer through several seasons of "will they won't they" when we know they won't... almost unbearable. Also, gimmick of dad telling the story to his kids doesn't makeStarts out as a definite Friends rip off with Jason Segel saving the day. The main character is pretty obnoxious. Love interest suspense is blown right away (And that's how I met... your Aunt Robin), but we still have to suffer through several seasons of "will they won't they" when we know they won't... almost unbearable. Also, gimmick of dad telling the story to his kids doesn't make much sense - they hit on it a few times ("Eating a giant Sandwich") But the dad is so often telling stories that are extremely inappropriate. Who would tell their kids details about all the chicks they banged before they met their mom? If you're going to start with a gimmick, at least stick with it. NPH's character is funny but one-note, especially in the early seasons, and Hannigan is funny too but occasionally disturbingly skinny to look at and too neurotic (never quite capturing the "Monica" of it all that she's trying for.). Cobie Smulders does a nice job with what is essentially a one-dimensional hot chick until quite a bit later in the season. Overall, this show improves the quality of the dialogue with time, but also kind of wears out its welcome due to the nature of the plot ("Ooo, when is he going to meet the mother?" Nobody cares.) Not a bad show, but not great either. Expand
  40. Nov 23, 2012
    I love this show, I really do, Is it perfect? No, there are times when jokes misfire but that's easy to overlook. This is a comedy that makes you laugh because of it's extremely clever writing and of course the hilarious characters played by some very talented actors with Neil Patrick Harris arguably being the highlight. But it's not all about comedy, there is genuine drama here and notI love this show, I really do, Is it perfect? No, there are times when jokes misfire but that's easy to overlook. This is a comedy that makes you laugh because of it's extremely clever writing and of course the hilarious characters played by some very talented actors with Neil Patrick Harris arguably being the highlight. But it's not all about comedy, there is genuine drama here and not the cheesy tact on kind of drama that you would expect, I genuinely did care about these characters and the chemistry they all share together on screen makes it even more engaging. While it's not the funniest comedy I've ever seen, I instantly fell for this show after I saw the first episode and I cannot wait to see how the story of how Ted meets the mother finally comes to an end. Expand
  41. rah
    Nov 3, 2012
    I love this show. Every week it makes me laugh hysterically and gives me a reason to come back. All the actors are great, but what really makes me laugh is Barney Stinson played by Neil Patrick Harris. I highly recommend this show.
  42. Oct 28, 2012
    In my opinion How I Met Your Mother is one of the best TV shows ever. Especially Barney Stinson makes it very funny for the viewer, because his art is very cool. The story is most times good, but there are some lows, too. Some people say that it's boring, however this show is amazing and should never end.
  43. Oct 19, 2012
    I truly love this show it is the best sitcom since "FRIENDS" Neil Patrick Harris is funny as hell however Jason Segal is a little wierd but eithr way it's still the best sitcom ever.
  44. Sep 4, 2012
    "How I met your mother" is a great TV show, believe me. Maybe the greatest one, but It doesn't top "Friends". However, It's funny, more because of Barney Stinson (the funniest character of the show). And the other actors are great too. And the story, well, It's good, but not fantastic. Still, "How I met your mother" is superb.
  45. Jul 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good show. I wish I could say more. You won't find incredibly witty dialogue here, or well written humour. However, you will find good characters who act their parts well, and an intriguing storyline. The thing I really don't like about this show is how it's really dragged on over the years. They should've stopped this show when it wasn't stale and boring; however, they kept it going well past season 5 (which was the last season that was actually funny) due to the show's high ratings. The creators added to many unnecessary cliff hangers, and have added so many plot twists to the point that I just cringe whenever I see a bad one. Barney proposes to Quinn, and what happens? They flash forward to his wedding showing that the bride is Robin. This show is becoming a tedious affair to watch, and they should've finished the story long ago. Expand
  46. Jun 13, 2012
    This show is, wait for it.... LEGENDARY! This show has running gags that don't get old. There is great chemistry between the characters. There's is a perfect mix between drama and comedy. This show gave me hope for the future of sitcoms.
  47. May 6, 2012
    A completely brilliant show, starring Neil Patrick Harris who plays a hilarious role as a lady killer, joker called Barney. It's all about the story of how Ted (Josh Radnor) went through so much before he met his wife, every episode is just another hilarious story of his, he is telling the whole story to his kids hence 'How I Met Your Mother"

Who ever rated this '0' has no taste in pure

Who ever rated this '0' has no taste in pure hilarious American comedy and should go home.
  48. Apr 4, 2012
    Although, the "Friends" resemblances are unmistakably similar (thanks Pamela), "How I Met Your Mother" is a different approach for different audience. The episodes themselves are edited confusingly for general TV viewings, but the show gives a homey and cozy atmosphere.

The characters in the show are somehow uncharismatic. I find the character "Ted" way too similar to Friend's "Ross", and "Marshall" to "Chandler", "Barney" to "Joey" (but the idiot part was removed), and "Robin" to "Rachel", and "Lily" to "Phoebe" and Monica".

My point is that the show is clearly similar to "Friends" in a good way. I truly enjoy the weird episodes of the show and frankly, quite random, but simply put, the show is quite joyful.
  49. Mar 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How i met your mother is usually a lot of fun. The characters are all great and original, BUT by the time of March 6th, 2012; we are officially waiting for that mother for nearly 8 years... It can be really boring sometimes. For example some episodes at 6th season following the death of Marshall's father were really a pain to watch. What they could do was to introduce the mother during season 4 and 5 then build the story on Ted and the mother. We have waited for 7 years and still no mother character ? I am starting to worry that Ted will meet with the girl while he is 40 years old. Expand
  50. Feb 6, 2012
    HIMYM has been one of the most entertaining shows I've watched in a long time after falling in love with Friends. The inside jokes and even outside references (they make fun of Friends in one of the episodes) is hilarious. Like the fore-mentioned Friends, it does have it's flaws in that you can't readily pick up the show anywhere, you have to start from the beginning to really get the mostHIMYM has been one of the most entertaining shows I've watched in a long time after falling in love with Friends. The inside jokes and even outside references (they make fun of Friends in one of the episodes) is hilarious. Like the fore-mentioned Friends, it does have it's flaws in that you can't readily pick up the show anywhere, you have to start from the beginning to really get the most out of it otherwise you'll lose out on the hilarity of the show and it's genius. HIMYM is a must watch and if you were a fan of Friends, you'll instantly fall in love with this show. Expand
  51. Jan 31, 2012
    Every character is so irresistible, and although this is probably one of the weaker seasons for jokes, the story is really interesting enough to carry you through.
  52. Jan 18, 2012
    I loved this show! I watch it all the time. However, I think the addition of Kal Penn could have been a bonus. However, his role in the show seems pushed. It is clearly not a permanent one ...
  53. Dec 30, 2011
    This show is very funny and creative, perfect for those who are just looking to have a good time. The plot is somewhat monotonous and it does not evolve with time, but its central element of random hilarious situations is very strong and unique. The script is well written and interesting, it never bores you and it manages to make you laugh with simple ideas. The trama includes a romanticThis show is very funny and creative, perfect for those who are just looking to have a good time. The plot is somewhat monotonous and it does not evolve with time, but its central element of random hilarious situations is very strong and unique. The script is well written and interesting, it never bores you and it manages to make you laugh with simple ideas. The trama includes a romantic story that involves all characters that is as much funny and touching that reflects happiness and love. We also have the reflective facet that proves to be a big contribution with its emotional and clever discourses, all connected to each episode's main theme. Filled with memorable moments and a friendly cast, How I Met Your Mother is a very entertaining and chill-out series that is truly a delight to watch. Expand
  54. Nov 12, 2011
    I never knew about this show until very recently and I accidentally watched an episode and after that I was hooked, since then i have watched every single episode ever made of the TV Show and it is absolutely amazing
  55. Oct 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Every series reaches a point where it exhausts its premises. Sadly, HIMYM has about reached that point. For one of the funnier and certainly more clever sitcoms on television, all the warning signs are there and it is clear that the show is running out of gas.

When HIMYM began, the show managed combined a clever premise with a certain degree of outlandishness - Barney is nothing if not outlandish - and yet retain a very human feel. Ironically, as the characters have developed, they have managed to become both less believable and increasingly predictable.

Marshall gets his dream low paying job. Well, here is a plotline that has been run into the ground - and this at a moment with a child on the way. Don't get me wrong, we'd all like to be able to accept the job of our dreams and not worry about the money, but few of us can - and most of us would probably avoid it if we had a baby on the way. (Oh yeah, and how explain older Marshall's beautiful home office? Where did he get the money for that?) So what we get is a repeat of the Marshall and his job story, but now played out in a patently implausible way.

Then there is the endless merry go round of Barney and Robin and now a wedding. The show's creators hint that Barney and Robin will not necessarily get married but that things will happen between them of a romantic nature. Yes, here again, been there, done that. This falling in love with people we have been hanging around with and dating and then breaking up with, rinse and repeat has a regrettable "Friends" feel about it. Is it impossible? No, but it is so unlikely in real life and so repetitive in the series that it has become a bore.

Finally, there is Ted, the ostensible core of the show. What gave HIMYM its energy was that it always seemed to be moving toward that moment when he would meet the love of his life. This theme was played out in such a way that it made the story unique and gave it a cleverness and freshness that is very uncharacteristic in sitcoms. Unfortunately, what once seemed a neat idea has turned out to be cheat. (Think of "No Tomorrows - actually one of my favorite episodes - where the closing narration would have led the viewer to believe that Ted was now on the final path to meeting his future wife.)

This theme has been repeated so often that the viewer has come to the point where he is just sitting around waiting for Ted to meet his future wife, and no longer believing all the closing narrations about "how my life was about to change" and so forth. The clever concept has become the one trick pony and it has drained all the dramatic and therefore the comedic energy from the show. Add further the fact that Ted is barely recognizable anymore as the character he was. Yes, people do change, but for the viewer to believe that Ted was moving toward the love of his life, he must believe that Ted still wants to. Instead, we now have a character who seems more like a junior version of Barney - but too old to be credible in the part.

This is at the heart of what appears to be going wrong with HIMYM. Plots repeated too many times resulting in jokes that no longer carry their punch. The weird thing is that the characters have grown older and superficially at least, they have changed, but with the wrongheaded exception of Ted who rather repeats his plotline while seeming to have lost interest in it, they really are not going anywhere.

In fairness, the show has stored up such a resivoir of promise and good will that it would be a mistake to abandon it - at least yet. In the past, the writers have made mistakes with characterization - see Ted getting high at his high school reunion and indifferently wondering where his wife is as Exhibit A, not what you would expect from a man who met the love of his life. However, what once was an episodic error appears, with season 7, to be now a congenital defect.

The writers need to decide - will the characters on HIMYM begin to grow, or will they just keep waiting around the bar falling and re-falliing in love with each other and the periodic random guest star, recycling old plotlines to make overused jokes?
  56. Sep 26, 2011
    This is a great show . They have the jokes which're right on spot and make me laugh through the whole show . The Storyline 's getting more exciting with the love and some real life lessons . And there come the awkard part where Robin didn't make much joke as the others , in fact , she only have 3-5 joke in an episode . Cobie Smulders isn't quite nailed this role either . But the otherThis is a great show . They have the jokes which're right on spot and make me laugh through the whole show . The Storyline 's getting more exciting with the love and some real life lessons . And there come the awkard part where Robin didn't make much joke as the others , in fact , she only have 3-5 joke in an episode . Cobie Smulders isn't quite nailed this role either . But the other things is great :P Expand
  57. Sep 14, 2011
    Although it has some ideas stolen from "Friends" it still has a catchy storyline and five characters that have a consistent personality. The show has funny jokes to spend a good time and laugh a lot.
  58. Sep 11, 2011
    This is one of those show you shouldn't miss. It is so funny that I can't just stop laughing. NPH is just way too awesome in the role of "Barney Stinson". I wasn't so sure before trying out the first season. After I gave it a chance, I got addicted to that show right away. This show is going to be LEGEN - wait for it ... DARY !
  59. Sep 8, 2011
    How I Met Your Mother, in my opinion, is the best american comedy since Friends, stellar cast, the best of whom has to be Neil Patrick Harris who play's a womaniser by the name of Barney Stinson. I came here assuming mostly good reviews but there seem to be a lot of people who do not rate this show at all, I can't understand why. I love it!
  60. Aug 2, 2011
    HIMYM is a gem. Solid acting, not always as funny as it should be, but never the less thrives on the presence of Neil Patrick Harris and Josh Radnor. However i hope i speak from everyone when i say CAN WE JUST MEET THE MOTHER ALREADY!
  61. Jul 7, 2011
    barney's presence makes this show a must watch...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  62. Jul 5, 2011
    This show is the only thing that makes me laugh these days! Amazing! :D

MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE! :) We need a new few charachters! This so is like the best thing to watch! IF YOU DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW YOU HAVE TO! YOU ARE MISSING OUT!
  63. Jun 23, 2011
    Compelling in that each character is so purely individual- and hilarious even when their personalities reach ridiculously absurd heights. The comedy is consistently present, and the cast is lovable. I can rewatch every episode many times over.
  64. Jun 13, 2011
    The show is witty, it has some great jokes stored in and I enjoy the show.
  65. Jun 9, 2011
    This is an amazing series! I love it an I am totally hooked on it! I am one of the thousands upon thousands of people that really want to know who is the mother and how we meet her! I love it, it is funny, and has a lot of suspense!
  66. Jun 4, 2011
    This is nothing like friends, just people do not want to move on.....and they don't have to, but they also don't have to bring down every other show because this is a refreshing new show and is really funny! It has a great cast and once you start watching it.....you have to go buying every other series, it is just this AWESOME fire deep within you, a LEGENDARY watch!
  67. Jun 4, 2011
    This show has a great cast , brilliant story lines , funny one-liners , believable plot and a huge amount of suspense as America , Europe and the rest of the world wait to find out who is the mother of , what has seem to become, our own.
  68. Jun 4, 2011
    An amazing show, NPH is outstanding and the others are irresistible! It is a knock-out, as NPH would say, it's LEGEN.....wait for it.......DARY! So funny and has it's deep moments! Incredible, beware though, you might get hooked on fun!
  69. May 31, 2011
    A very good sitcom, which has a great combination of comedy and romance. I think Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan play their roles incredibly well, and whilst some may understandably find Neil Patrick Harris' character a tad annoying, I think he does his job well. Overall, a great show
  70. Mar 10, 2011
    This suuccckkkks!Please cancel this piece of crap.I wonder how much money they spend on this piece of crap that they could spend on a decent show?Bring back Charlie Sheen.Winning!
  71. Feb 4, 2011
    Bring back friends, Bring back friends, Bring back friends, Bring back friends,Bring back friends, this show is the best, how I met your mother is crap an should be band for how bad it sucks. Bring back friends,
  72. Jan 13, 2011
    Best comedy series, that's it. it should be rewarded with multiple golden globes and many other rewards, i mean, its the best comedy show i have ever seen, it is very unpredictable, very funny, very varied, and most of the things that happen int that show has happen to me and many other people, it is very highly well structured every episode and it just doesn't bore u at all unlike two andBest comedy series, that's it. it should be rewarded with multiple golden globes and many other rewards, i mean, its the best comedy show i have ever seen, it is very unpredictable, very funny, very varied, and most of the things that happen int that show has happen to me and many other people, it is very highly well structured every episode and it just doesn't bore u at all unlike two and a half men which i also like but its very repetitive same jokes same people, same house. i could see 10 episodes of how i met your mother in a row and not get bored at all... its always different and very well structured with unpredictable endings but at the same time they are all connected, its just beautiful. Expand
  73. Jan 13, 2011
    Time to laugh. One of the cutest TV series around. Imagine a group of friends, one of whom loves love to much, he is on an never ending search for the one. The story is set in the future and is about the tale a dad (Ted Mosby) tells his kids, about the journey made, to meet their mother. The episodes are filled with humor and tales of friendship. A must see for the whole family.
  74. Nov 3, 2010
    This is, perhaps, the most fantastically written prime-time comedy in years. The actors and characters are absolutely irresistible. The show has strayed from its original concept, and many critics who are not regular viewers or fans of the show seem to focus on that as a negative aspect, but it's not. The show continues to provide funny, heart-warming, and interesting plots. You kind ofThis is, perhaps, the most fantastically written prime-time comedy in years. The actors and characters are absolutely irresistible. The show has strayed from its original concept, and many critics who are not regular viewers or fans of the show seem to focus on that as a negative aspect, but it's not. The show continues to provide funny, heart-warming, and interesting plots. You kind of have to be a regular viewer to enjoy this show, since it incorporates more references to earlier seasons and episodes than any show since Friends. Great show, 10/10 for sure. Expand
  75. Aug 14, 2010
    The show is very funny, and I have been watching for a while now. It's way better than some other shows like South Park, Family Guy and lame shows like that.

Like ''Friends," this is not a big-themed series so much as a bunch of little character jokes and relationship confusions getting batted around by an able cast.
    The script is just poor.
    Manages to get the balance of cuddliness and snark just right.