How I Met Your Mother : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
8.5

1. HR
    Jan 7, 2010
    I had avoided the show, it didn't sound sooo compelling, but after the first episode I was immediately hooked. This show easily tops "Friends", and makes my wife and me laugh out loudly. It's funny, it's versatile, and the acting is totally impressive - because it's convincing. A real gem!
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    One of my favourite shows and one of the best TV has to offer... Although you can tell it got most of its ideas from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. the storyline is unique funny and you get attached to the characters from the first episode. In addition to that the way they show us the mother in the episodes is genius and you just cant wait to find out who she is... The only reason its not getting aOne of my favourite shows and one of the best TV has to offer... Although you can tell it got most of its ideas from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. the storyline is unique funny and you get attached to the characters from the first episode. In addition to that the way they show us the mother in the episodes is genius and you just cant wait to find out who she is... The only reason its not getting a 10/10 is that some episodes can get a bit boring... Expand
  3. May 23, 2013
    this show is filled with poor actors, irritating characters and moronic moments. over rated and boring
  4. rah
    Nov 3, 2012
    I love this show. Every week it makes me laugh hysterically and gives me a reason to come back. All the actors are great, but what really makes me laugh is Barney Stinson played by Neil Patrick Harris. I highly recommend this show.
  5. Feb 24, 2015
    HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER is often unintentionally dry and repetitive. Often you find yourself yelling at the screen in frustration of the stupidity of some of the lead characters, but the whole show is saved by a hilarious Neil Patrick Harris.
  6. Mar 8, 2014
    It started so great, and I loved it, but the past three seasons have been truly awful, and basically been used just to pull more money in for the show. I'm glad it's ending so I won't have to see this awful show again.
  7. Sep 14, 2011
    Although it has some ideas stolen from "Friends" it still has a catchy storyline and five characters that have a consistent personality. The show has funny jokes to spend a good time and laugh a lot.
  8. Sep 26, 2011
    This is a great show . They have the jokes which're right on spot and make me laugh through the whole show . The Storyline 's getting more exciting with the love and some real life lessons . And there come the awkard part where Robin didn't make much joke as the others , in fact , she only have 3-5 joke in an episode . Cobie Smulders isn't quite nailed this role either . But the otherThis is a great show . They have the jokes which're right on spot and make me laugh through the whole show . The Storyline 's getting more exciting with the love and some real life lessons . And there come the awkard part where Robin didn't make much joke as the others , in fact , she only have 3-5 joke in an episode . Cobie Smulders isn't quite nailed this role either . But the other things is great :P Collapse
  9. May 13, 2013
    This show is a poor version of FRIENDS. People should try and make something different, they have stolen many ideas and jokes from friends & these poor actors have not been able to execute even that properly. This show sucks big time, unlike friends in which you can laugh your lungs out throughout, the 22 min. running episode is only funny when Barney is on screen.
  10. Jun 4, 2011
    This show has a great cast , brilliant story lines , funny one-liners , believable plot and a huge amount of suspense as America , Europe and the rest of the world wait to find out who is the mother of , what has seem to become, our own.
  11. Jun 9, 2011
    This is an amazing series! I love it an I am totally hooked on it! I am one of the thousands upon thousands of people that really want to know who is the mother and how we meet her! I love it, it is funny, and has a lot of suspense!
  12. May 19, 2013
    This show had a good goal. To make people anticipate for something for 8 long years and even extending to a 9th season. But most of their jokes and writing aren't that good and making people wait can be either a big mistake or a good thing and this looks like a big mistake. But it is a good show to watch to just pass the time
  13. PeterH
    Nov 26, 2009
    This show is amazing! I know a lot of people are slating the show saying it isn't funny and whatever and I can see that if you just watch the odd episode then you might be somewhat justified in that opinion. But seriously, watch it from the beginning and I assure you that you will love it! It truly is one of the cleverest sitcoms ever made and to anyone who thinks it isn't well This show is amazing! I know a lot of people are slating the show saying it isn't funny and whatever and I can see that if you just watch the odd episode then you might be somewhat justified in that opinion. But seriously, watch it from the beginning and I assure you that you will love it! It truly is one of the cleverest sitcoms ever made and to anyone who thinks it isn't well written...you are just wrong! All I'd say is that even if you don't like it at first and don't think it's as funny as some others out there, stick with it and you will grow to love it and see that sitcoms don't just have to be about laughs all the time. The best show ever! Expand
  14. May 13, 2013
    Is this a comedy series?
    Is this a comedy series?
    I seriously doubt that any person could laugh while watching the series. Barney can not carry the load of all of his co-stars and make a whole episode as funny as one would like. The characters lack the depth. Other sitcoms which are running against HIMYM are much better-'' Friends, The big bang theory, Modern Family, Family guy, The Simpsons, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia etc.
  15. MelS
    Jan 12, 2010
    Love this show the cast is superb. I agree that the first season was not the best due to Ted's whininess but you just can't beat episodes like Slap Bet, Slapsgiving and The Playbook. If you tried this ut the first season and didn't like it try those episodes or try again soo funny. BTW the other guy who mentioned Family Matters as a REAL good show, is he kidding? That show Love this show the cast is superb. I agree that the first season was not the best due to Ted's whininess but you just can't beat episodes like Slap Bet, Slapsgiving and The Playbook. If you tried this ut the first season and didn't like it try those episodes or try again soo funny. BTW the other guy who mentioned Family Matters as a REAL good show, is he kidding? That show was only semi good when I was twelve, no wonder why he doesn't like this hilarious show. He is probably also a fan of Big Bang Theory. Expand
  16. Apr 20, 2013
    Boy, is this show bad or what. This show is really unfunny. With a cast like this, I really expected it to be actually funny. But sadly, this is all we get. It does tend to have it's decent episodes, but most of them (and I mean 90% of the episodes) are just bad. I mean seriously, it doesn't take over 8 seasons to tell the story of how one man met his lovely wife. Overall, it's a LONG...Boy, is this show bad or what. This show is really unfunny. With a cast like this, I really expected it to be actually funny. But sadly, this is all we get. It does tend to have it's decent episodes, but most of them (and I mean 90% of the episodes) are just bad. I mean seriously, it doesn't take over 8 seasons to tell the story of how one man met his lovely wife. Overall, it's a LONG... boring TV show. Expand
  17. DavidG
    Jun 23, 2009
    A simply put, four years lasting Life Lesson.
  18. Jun 4, 2011
    An amazing show, NPH is outstanding and the others are irresistible! It is a knock-out, as NPH would say, it's LEGEN.....wait for it.......DARY! So funny and has it's deep moments! Incredible, beware though, you might get hooked on fun!
  19. Oct 28, 2012
    In my opinion How I Met Your Mother is one of the best TV shows ever. Especially Barney Stinson makes it very funny for the viewer, because his art is very cool. The story is most times good, but there are some lows, too. Some people say that it's boring, however this show is amazing and should never end.
  20. JohnR
    Mar 13, 2010
    Awesome!
  21. Jun 4, 2011
    This is nothing like friends, just people do not want to move on.....and they don't have to, but they also don't have to bring down every other show because this is a refreshing new show and is really funny! It has a great cast and once you start watching it.....you have to go buying every other series, it is just this AWESOME fire deep within you, a LEGENDARY watch!
  22. JB
    Aug 12, 2006
    I wanted to like this show for the actors' sake. I'm sorry to say that I can't. The show lacks rythme, any sense of comedic timing and a sense of chemistry as amongst the actors. Worse are the lines they're forced to say, stilted and artificial as they are.
  23. PhilM.
    Jul 11, 2008
    How is this SAD,SAD show even still on? I think the only thing keeping this show afloat is Doogie Howser there and thats not sayin a lot since he's no good either.
  24. KobeBryant
    Nov 16, 2009
    Others have said it before. The actors are reading lines they dont believe is funny. It's really bad writing. I think the actors on the show can do a lot better than this.
  25. NicholasK.
    May 19, 2008
    give me a break. this show blows, BIG TIME. This isn't humor its totally stupid. Its created by hacks who could not cut it in real comedy writing. Come to think of it, these writers are just one step below the guys who write Two and a Half Men, an equally stupid show that's only worth watching muted.
  26. JPFridy
    Nov 9, 2005
    I have been incapable of watching this show for anything longer than a 15-minute sitting thanks to its impressively contrived, stilted dialogue. Then again, I never could stand the artificial, insincere, overwrought wittiness of this show's forebears, either (most notably Friends).
  27. JT
    Dec 1, 2009
    I hated this show at first. I thought the premise was lame, the narration was awkward and NPH was too one-dimensional. Then I gave it an honest shot. Now I can hardly get enough! It's not the best nor the funniest show on TV, but it's close. (Note: I still don't really like the first season mostly because Ted is so whiny).
  28. EmilyR
    May 8, 2009
    This is my favorite show that's currently on TV, and it has been since it started! I laugh out loud every week but I've also cried a couple of times and I love the characters.
  29. BrendonM
    Nov 22, 2005
    This show is great -- if you're looking for a "Friends" replacement, this is close as you'll get. Neil Patrick Harris rocks as Barney -- his character reminds my wife and I of a friend of ours -- we've all known the self-centered slick guy who really thinks he's doing the world a favor. The rest of the cast is spot on dealing with the relationship stuff. Give this a This show is great -- if you're looking for a "Friends" replacement, this is close as you'll get. Neil Patrick Harris rocks as Barney -- his character reminds my wife and I of a friend of ours -- we've all known the self-centered slick guy who really thinks he's doing the world a favor. The rest of the cast is spot on dealing with the relationship stuff. Give this a shot if you haven' t already -- it deserves a second season! Expand
  30. Aug 14, 2010
    The show is very funny, and I have been watching for a while now. It's way better than some other shows like South Park, Family Guy and lame shows like that.
  31. MarkM
    Oct 7, 2005
    This is one of the lamest new shows of the fall. I think many people have fallen into the trap of believing what the paid-by-the-network critics have to say. I found it dull and inane. Can't imagine how they could stretch this weak storyline for more than a few weeks much less a whole season.
  32. Tim
    Sep 4, 2007
    Wow I can't believe they're still making Friends knockoffs, Well it's been a while so I guess it was only a matter of time until a Friends ripoff finally became a hit. Staring people from Saved by the Bell: the New class nonetheless.
  33. nikun
    Nov 6, 2005
    the show is clever, but the jokes are stale. they repeat the same remarks as if they had not heard of any other jokes to tell. the first episode it had the same lame joke told more than once .
  34. DaveB
    Mar 7, 2007
    Worse sitcom since Will and Grace. Willow should call Buffy to stake the writers. I find it amusing that 69 critics found it favorable when I could wear out my tongue complaining about everything that sucks about this show.
  35. DeanW
    Dec 9, 2009
    This is one of the most UNfunny shows I've ever seen. The acting is terrible, the premise is weak. And on top of all of that, how in the heck can Doogie Howser be taken seriously as a Womanizer? Get real. The fact that this show is popular is baffling. It would've never survived during the haydays of TV Sitcoms that were actually interesting and funny and had great actors. I This is one of the most UNfunny shows I've ever seen. The acting is terrible, the premise is weak. And on top of all of that, how in the heck can Doogie Howser be taken seriously as a Womanizer? Get real. The fact that this show is popular is baffling. It would've never survived during the haydays of TV Sitcoms that were actually interesting and funny and had great actors. I give this piece of crap a ZERO, and advise people to go back and watch REAL good shows like Seinfeld, The Cosby Show, and Family Matters. That's how sitcoms are supposed to be done. HIMYM is a joke, but I'm not laughing. Expand
  36. Kevin
    Sep 4, 2006
    Awful. Not funny, poorly acted, boring.
  37. JayB.
    Dec 7, 2008
    This show is sad. They try to make it appealing to the drinking crowd by having a lot of scenes in a bar, but it doesn't work. Cheers was classy and funny, this show and it's actors are pathetic.
  38. MG
    Dec 15, 2009
    This show is safe thanks to The Big Bang Theory and 2 1/2 Men. People leave the TV on between these two shows and Nielsen thinks that they have a winner on their hands. Not! Lame actors, unfunny, and not everybody wants to live vicariously through alcoholic twentysomethings with issues. Sucks! Oh and the person who compared it to Seinfeld? Please send me whatever you are smoking.
  39. jordanb
    Mar 5, 2007
    this show annoys the sh*t out of me.
  40. nonyanonya
    Jul 17, 2006
    this show sucks
    Mar 19, 2007
    How is this show still on TV...it should never have made it past ep. 2. Even the canned laugh track is getting tired of this show.
  42. KK
    Dec 15, 2009
    alyson hannigan has to be the least funny actress of all time. her humor is like what you'd expect from a junior high kid doing a school comedy. all the characters annoy me (ted's frustrating depsperation, barney's predictability, marshal's sappy optimism and poor acting)... but hannigan is the WORST!
  43. philr
    Jul 21, 2007
    fun plot, shallow dialogue and acting, great for the blissfully ignorant camp. i'm spoiled with scrubs
  44. Feb 4, 2011
    Bring back friends, Bring back friends, Bring back friends, Bring back friends,Bring back friends, this show is the best, how I met your mother is crap an should be band for how bad it sucks. Bring back friends,
  45. PorphyroU.
    May 21, 2009
    Bad show is bad. Poorly written with annoying actors (I want to punch Jason Segel in the face every time I see him), this series continues to thrive only on Barney Stinson's catchphrase, from what I can tell. An indictment against the intelligence of TV viewers.
  46. Oct 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Every series reaches a point where it exhausts its premises. Sadly, HIMYM has about reached that point. For one of the funnier and certainly more clever sitcoms on television, all the warning signs are there and it is clear that the show is running out of gas.

When HIMYM began, the show managed combined a clever premise with a certain degree of outlandishness - Barney is nothing if not outlandish - and yet retain a very human feel. Ironically, as the characters have developed, they have managed to become both less believable and increasingly predictable.

Marshall gets his dream low paying job. Well, here is a plotline that has been run into the ground - and this at a moment with a child on the way. Don't get me wrong, we'd all like to be able to accept the job of our dreams and not worry about the money, but few of us can - and most of us would probably avoid it if we had a baby on the way. (Oh yeah, and how explain older Marshall's beautiful home office? Where did he get the money for that?) So what we get is a repeat of the Marshall and his job story, but now played out in a patently implausible way.

Then there is the endless merry go round of Barney and Robin and now a wedding. The show's creators hint that Barney and Robin will not necessarily get married but that things will happen between them of a romantic nature. Yes, here again, been there, done that. This falling in love with people we have been hanging around with and dating and then breaking up with, rinse and repeat has a regrettable "Friends" feel about it. Is it impossible? No, but it is so unlikely in real life and so repetitive in the series that it has become a bore.

Finally, there is Ted, the ostensible core of the show. What gave HIMYM its energy was that it always seemed to be moving toward that moment when he would meet the love of his life. This theme was played out in such a way that it made the story unique and gave it a cleverness and freshness that is very uncharacteristic in sitcoms. Unfortunately, what once seemed a neat idea has turned out to be cheat. (Think of "No Tomorrows - actually one of my favorite episodes - where the closing narration would have led the viewer to believe that Ted was now on the final path to meeting his future wife.)

This theme has been repeated so often that the viewer has come to the point where he is just sitting around waiting for Ted to meet his future wife, and no longer believing all the closing narrations about "how my life was about to change" and so forth. The clever concept has become the one trick pony and it has drained all the dramatic and therefore the comedic energy from the show. Add further the fact that Ted is barely recognizable anymore as the character he was. Yes, people do change, but for the viewer to believe that Ted was moving toward the love of his life, he must believe that Ted still wants to. Instead, we now have a character who seems more like a junior version of Barney - but too old to be credible in the part.

This is at the heart of what appears to be going wrong with HIMYM. Plots repeated too many times resulting in jokes that no longer carry their punch. The weird thing is that the characters have grown older and superficially at least, they have changed, but with the wrongheaded exception of Ted who rather repeats his plotline while seeming to have lost interest in it, they really are not going anywhere.

In fairness, the show has stored up such a resivoir of promise and good will that it would be a mistake to abandon it - at least yet. In the past, the writers have made mistakes with characterization - see Ted getting high at his high school reunion and indifferently wondering where his wife is as Exhibit A, not what you would expect from a man who met the love of his life. However, what once was an episodic error appears, with season 7, to be now a congenital defect.

The writers need to decide - will the characters on HIMYM begin to grow, or will they just keep waiting around the bar falling and re-falliing in love with each other and the periodic random guest star, recycling old plotlines to make overused jokes?
  47. McFly
    Oct 20, 2005
    You know nothing about my mother
  48. Mar 10, 2011
    This suuccckkkks!Please cancel this piece of crap.I wonder how much money they spend on this piece of crap that they could spend on a decent show?Bring back Charlie Sheen.Winning!
  49. NCdudeHIMYM
    Jan 19, 2006
    A better version of friends. Funny, wit and young.
  50. RaisaJ
    Apr 19, 2007
    Funny parts but sinking fast after a decent first season. The women characters are weak.
  51. SusanH
    Nov 16, 2009
    I have never laughed aloud like I do for this show. It's so clever, witty and adroit. I could watch each episode over and over and still find things to laugh about. I love the tie ins from week to week.
  52. Oct 19, 2012
    I truly love this show it is the best sitcom since "FRIENDS" Neil Patrick Harris is funny as hell however Jason Segal is a little wierd but eithr way it's still the best sitcom ever.
  53. Nov 29, 2012
    Starts out as a definite Friends rip off with Jason Segel saving the day. The main character is pretty obnoxious. Love interest suspense is blown right away (And that's how I met... your Aunt Robin), but we still have to suffer through several seasons of "will they won't they" when we know they won't... almost unbearable. Also, gimmick of dad telling the story to his kids doesn't makeStarts out as a definite Friends rip off with Jason Segel saving the day. The main character is pretty obnoxious. Love interest suspense is blown right away (And that's how I met... your Aunt Robin), but we still have to suffer through several seasons of "will they won't they" when we know they won't... almost unbearable. Also, gimmick of dad telling the story to his kids doesn't make much sense - they hit on it a few times ("Eating a giant Sandwich") But the dad is so often telling stories that are extremely inappropriate. Who would tell their kids details about all the chicks they banged before they met their mom? If you're going to start with a gimmick, at least stick with it. NPH's character is funny but one-note, especially in the early seasons, and Hannigan is funny too but occasionally disturbingly skinny to look at and too neurotic (never quite capturing the "Monica" of it all that she's trying for.). Cobie Smulders does a nice job with what is essentially a one-dimensional hot chick until quite a bit later in the season. Overall, this show improves the quality of the dialogue with time, but also kind of wears out its welcome due to the nature of the plot ("Ooo, when is he going to meet the mother?" Nobody cares.) Not a bad show, but not great either. Expand
  54. Sep 17, 2013
    My favorite show. It takes humor, wit, and some romance and blend it in a pleasant show with appealing actors and an original storyline. Also, the way they present the mother and use symbolism throughout the show is genius.
  55. Apr 1, 2014
    Was very enjoyable for the first few seasons, then dragged through the rest with a few ups and downs in quality. The comedy was pretty solid early, but the drama was typically brought on forcefully and felt a bit soapy. The finale was very disappointing.
  56. Apr 27, 2015
    This show falls amazingly flat. The cast is so not funny and Neil Patrick Harris can not act (and he can be very rude). Jason Segal is generally very funny, but not in this.
  57. SteveS
    Oct 10, 2005
    The best new show on TV. Subtle and outrageous at the same time.
  58. Becky
    May 30, 2007
    this show is very funny, and i've just started watching it. Some of the writing is weak though, and i thought The Class was more fun and interesting, but i will keep watching this show.
  59. sg
    Apr 5, 2006
    best show ever
  60. JohnR
    Apr 17, 2007
    Awesome!
  61. EvanH.
    Sep 30, 2008
    It's like Friends, but updated, funnier, and with more meaning. Four seasons on, it's grown up and become even more. Excellent show.
  62. alex
    Oct 9, 2009
    Great show, started off a little slow in the first season, not much chemistry and writing was pretty lame. But from there it took off as the characters became more hilarious
  63. JacyL.
    Aug 2, 2009
    One Word Legend ... Wait for it ... Dary ! Great Show, great plot, kept me laughing the whole way through.
  64. JohnnyBravo
    Oct 10, 2005
    This show is great. One of the best shows i've seen in years. All the characters mesh well. Very funny.
  65. HilaryR
    Oct 15, 2005
    Smart cast and good writing.
  66. MoniD.
    Oct 31, 2005
    The only show that keeps me in front of the tv lately. Great, I love it.
  67. JenG
    May 9, 2006
    Makes me laugh out loud every episode. The characters are so relatable and real; it's like watching my life (only much, much funnier!).
  68. gulce!!!!!!!!!!
    Jun 15, 2006
    i love that show jason segal is awesome he was awesome in freaks and geeks too its a gr8 show..
  69. AlexP
    Sep 21, 2006
    A very funny show that has been largely underrated in my opinion. The cast works well together, and there is an obvious chemistry between them. The show is worth watching just for Neil Patrick Harris as Barney. The rest of the cast fills in the show nicely, and they get themselves into some strange and amusing situations. Consistantly funny.
  70. heyjou
    Sep 28, 2006
    i think the show is really good, Neil patrick harris the best comedy actor ever
  71. Natasha
    Oct 7, 2007
    I disagree with those who compare the show to Friends, because it's totally individual. It doesn't astonish or shock the viewer, but it us sure to raise your spirits.
  72. Natalieo
    Oct 8, 2007
    The jokes get a bit old after a while
  73. AndyR
    Mar 10, 2007
    Clever and consistently funny - "friends" for the next generation.
  74. Jessica
    Aug 16, 2007
    I never would compare this to Friends. So much better. I'm glad there's none of that sexual tension going on here. It would take away from the show.
  75. JasonM.
    Sep 12, 2007
    It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's consistent and always leaves you with a good feeling. The plots are usually pretty funny although some are just typical sitcom ones. The highlight of the show is definitely the characters though.
  76. LoisW.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Only reason I give it 9 instead of 10 is because it makes me uneasy that Ted and Robin do not end up together. Like how many variations on a theme can we get until Robin has to go, or a new character comes in? And I don't want that! Also, Barney is SO funny - we need more stories about his life, like a few in season one. He comes across in some shows like an unwelcome outsider. But Only reason I give it 9 instead of 10 is because it makes me uneasy that Ted and Robin do not end up together. Like how many variations on a theme can we get until Robin has to go, or a new character comes in? And I don't want that! Also, Barney is SO funny - we need more stories about his life, like a few in season one. He comes across in some shows like an unwelcome outsider. But he is the funniest character! Love this show. Oh! the catch phrases: "it's gonna be a thing" or "had to"... or lemon law. Expand
  77. MikeM
    Oct 1, 2009
    Talented and funny cast with great chemistry, backed by a clever script make this the best sitcom since Seinfeld.
  78. JorgeG
    Jan 10, 2009
    Great show. I do like the writing, though perhaps their rely on sitcom stereotypes too often. I guess that's just unavoidable sometimes. Alright, the figure of Barney is exagerated to create a cult character, but let's face it: he HAS some memorable moments.
  79. VedranB
    Jul 30, 2009
    Finally, after long time, worthy successor to legendary Seinfeld. Fine actors, good stories, and quite original flashback format. Clear 10!
  80. HuyB
    Sep 25, 2009
    Neil Patrick Harris is a completely incredible actor. The rest of the cast is very solid. The one-liners are original and don't get old. The story of How I Met Your Mother is very lengthy and as much as I'd like to know the ending, who the mother is, and how Ted met her...I don't mind never knowing as long as the story continues.
  81. MichelleW
    Sep 3, 2009
    This show is very entertaining. The comedy is through the roof. And the suspense build up for who the Mother is keeps you watching. Great show.
  82. BrianE
    Oct 10, 2005
    great new show...funny, but fairly smart...one of the best this fall
  83. JenT
    Nov 18, 2005
    Each episode is better than the last. One of the better depictions of authentic urban friendship on tv.
  84. OrlandS
    Oct 25, 2005
    Great shows! Sexy babe ... Ohhh Yeahhhhh!!!
  85. SusanM.
    Oct 6, 2005
    I quite like this show. It's like a dorky version of friends, but the writing is fresh and funny.
  86. TaninoM
    Oct 6, 2005
    I enjoyed this show immensly - while I did not laugh non stop it was a very funny and enjoyable way to spend a half four.
  87. Tiffany
    Jan 27, 2006
    The cast have a chemistry between them that does not always exist in television. John Randor is such a nice guy that it is hard to hate him, while Harris is so funny that it makes it even more difficult to hate him. It seems that this cast has such likeable personalities that you can't hate anything they do.
  88. StacieS
    Jan 30, 2006
    This is the best show on TV right now. Keep it goingi!
  89. PaulMcCartney
    Mar 19, 2006
    I loved this show when it first came on, but it has been in decline. They need to focus less on Ted's desperate search for love and more on the fun of his life, with interpersing bits of his love, a la Scrubs
  90. ErikN
    Aug 14, 2006
    I love this show! Since Friends left the air, we have been searching for a surrogate (since nothing could ever replace Friends). HIMYM is the next best thing.
  91. TinaW
    Jan 31, 2007
    Funny, touching
  92. FengZ
    Mar 18, 2007
    actually between 8 and 9 cleverest script among recent ones. fine cast. love it.
  93. SwarlesBarkley
    Mar 19, 2007
    Certainly in the top 5 best written sitcoms currently airing. Consistently funny and cleverly plotted.
  94. SusanJ
    Mar 29, 2007
    The show can be truly funny and in the next second be dramatic. But the theme can be frustrating at times, feeling a bit drug out.
  95. philg
    May 22, 2007
    this show is laugh out loud hillarous. It might not be good for little kids but is the best show on tv no dought.I hope this show stays on for a long time and the person thatt gave the show a zero is on crack and he deffinatly dosent no what comety is about.
  96. Ally
    Jul 26, 2007
    Love this show!
  97. Daniel
    Jul 26, 2007
    Great TV!
  98. KevinM.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Very funny show. Comedy is real and i love the Bob Saget narrating. This show has something for everybody.
  99. JenW.
    Jan 29, 2008
    This is one of the only sitcoms that I have ever actually laughed at. I find it much funnier than friends-the individual characters on this show are much more interesting than Ross and Rachel. Let's hope this continues to get renewed-it's a rare gem in a sea of crappy t.v.
  100. StephenR.
    Jun 15, 2008
    The best thing since sliced bread... you must be having a laugh this challenges the wheel! Although Harris steals the show the cast are all excellent. With witty, unpredictable one liners and cleverly humerous storylines the show is to rival "friends as the greatest sitcom ever!

1. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Like ''Friends," this is not a big-themed series so much as a bunch of little character jokes and relationship confusions getting batted around by an able cast.
    The script is just poor.
  3. Chicago Tribune
    Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Manages to get the balance of cuddliness and snark just right.