• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.3

1. Dec 27, 2010
    Jane Adams' character is supposed to be the good one but you cannot help but hate her because she plays it in such a way that annoys the piss out of you. The writing is average. The story itself is a bit stupid but draws you in at first, until it ultimately lets you down when nothing happens in the show. Very average show that I would tell others not to bother with.
  2. AveryC
    Aug 16, 2009
    I like Thomas Jane and Anne Heche, but I don't like Jane Adams. I think she's talented, but I don't like nerds, neurotics, or clumsy people. If you do, you might enjoy her. This show disappoints me greatly. I feel that I'm being lectured by it. It's a sheep in wolf's clothing. I don't want to watch someone get lectured for only being attracted to I like Thomas Jane and Anne Heche, but I don't like Jane Adams. I think she's talented, but I don't like nerds, neurotics, or clumsy people. If you do, you might enjoy her. This show disappoints me greatly. I feel that I'm being lectured by it. It's a sheep in wolf's clothing. I don't want to watch someone get lectured for only being attracted to beautiful women, as happens in episode 3 or 4. 'Hung' is like a cross between 'Freaks and Geeks' and a Coen Brothers movie (maybe 'The Big Lebowski'), neither of which I like. Like a Coen Brothers film, 'Hung' treats people as caricatures. Like 'Freaks and Geeks', it focuses on personal failure and social and/or romantic awkwardness. In no way is this show like 'Californication' or 'Sex and the City'. The show's sex is comically bad, and its exploration of relationships is very high school. When I watch a cable show, I want to see very attractive people saying very clever things and living a wild life. I want a blend of 'Breakfast at TIffany's', 'Weddng Crashers', and 'Last Tango in Paris'. I group 'Hung', despite its plot, with sows I perceive as pivoting on adolescent sexuality ('Freaks and Geeks' and '30 Rock'). Expand
    Jul 20, 2009
    This is a country song with a well-hung riff. Apparently the only way we can accept a male hooker is to make him the most pathetic and miserable person possible -- divorce, fire, crap kids, broke, pussy neighbor, etc. The Chicago Sun-Times thinks there are "worse ways to spend your nights than with Ray Drecker." I think the Sun-Times has a very limited social life.
  4. MikeM.
    Jul 2, 2009
    Reverse Sexism at its best. Most men have had about enough of this garbage. No wonder why mail order brides are onb the rise. The women in the US are all size queens. Nothing in this show for a human.

Hung, despite some droll humor and the occasional dry insight, is even more of a disappointment.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Thomas Jane, though, is a revelation--he plays hopeless haplessness without coming off wimpy, and his initial uncomfortableness as a pro gigolo is charming. But Hung's awkward tone becomes frustrating.
  3. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    The show is pretty darned funny, especially once you get past the 45-minute pilot and into the half-hour regular episodes (smaller is better, actually).