Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.6

1. DaveS.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Bad show in that they don't review at the end what they did wrong and what they should have done.
  2. SheilaB
    Nov 7, 2005
    I found the first 2 episodes very captivating. I couldn't wait for the commercials to be over and get back to the story. What the human body can endure and overcome is truly amazing!
  3. IanC.P.
    Apr 10, 2006
    This show is awesome. I don't see HOW the Bostom Globe and Variety can give such a poor review and say things like "amateurish re-creations". The episode ICE CAVE SURVIVOR with Michael and Matthew Couillard was the best one I have seen yet, and the acting was SO GOOD (even by the young boy) I was amazed. I am not big on watching TV but I have not been this captured by a TV show or This show is awesome. I don't see HOW the Bostom Globe and Variety can give such a poor review and say things like "amateurish re-creations". The episode ICE CAVE SURVIVOR with Michael and Matthew Couillard was the best one I have seen yet, and the acting was SO GOOD (even by the young boy) I was amazed. I am not big on watching TV but I have not been this captured by a TV show or movie for a long time. I am a young guy in my early 20s and this particular episode managed to jerk out a lot of emotion from me and really honestly change the way I think about some things in life. I would love to be as great of a father as Michael was. You couldn't write a better script, the fact that this is a true story is beautiful and blows me away. Great program. Expand
    May 5, 2006
    This show should be called I am too stupid to be alive....but I am really lucky.
  5. Wajahat.A
    Aug 20, 2006
    An Absolutely thrilling show.The re anactments made in this show r amazingly realistic.Firstly the music is very good,which gives the viewer a sense of thrill.Then,the other good thing about this show is that the commentator gives very detailed explanation of the happenings as well as the guests who under went the lingering thought of death.One thing which struck me the most,and i hope An Absolutely thrilling show.The re anactments made in this show r amazingly realistic.Firstly the music is very good,which gives the viewer a sense of thrill.Then,the other good thing about this show is that the commentator gives very detailed explanation of the happenings as well as the guests who under went the lingering thought of death.One thing which struck me the most,and i hope that the readers would also agree on is the fact that,the viewers could listen to the conversation between the actors,and the show doesnt really rely on the commentator as much as in other discvery shows like FBI Files or Forensic detectives in which a viewer only listen to the commentator.Every episode of this show has been very well directed and the realisism has been main tained in every episode,mine favourite episode would certainly be when a mine tracker was kidnapped by guerillas in the combodian jungle.But,like i said every episode makes the viewer stick to the tv show,and i really like the thinking of the makers when the show shows the happening inside the human body by animation.In short,very well presented show with brilliant commentary and the appreciation for the survivours.WELL DONE DISCOVERY. Expand
  6. MaC.
    Oct 30, 2007
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Why oh why did they cancel it??? I'm buying every season and watching over and over again!
  7. BrianT
    Nov 26, 2005
    Moved me. Outstanding TV.
  8. jessicac
    Dec 27, 2005
    there is no way this show can be rated any lower than a 10... When I watched the episode with the people on the raft, I Have never been so moved by a tv show, I was still talking about the episode to my friends and family 5 days later. My boyfriend and I love watching this show together. It truly makes us value life and make us wonder all the time what choices we might have made to there is no way this show can be rated any lower than a 10... When I watched the episode with the people on the raft, I Have never been so moved by a tv show, I was still talking about the episode to my friends and family 5 days later. My boyfriend and I love watching this show together. It truly makes us value life and make us wonder all the time what choices we might have made to survive. And also to the critics who have no freakin idea what they are talking about, it doesn't really matter what you say or do because of all the people who put there opinions on this web site I can promise you that it has more postive affect on people then the silly criticism you get paid for. Expand
  9. SteveH
    Dec 3, 2005
    Educational and Inspirational - Great show!
  10. GinnyH
    Nov 19, 2006
    This show is awesome! I just wish new episodes could keep coming.
  11. AngieC
    Jan 20, 2006
    I happened to catch this show by chance. I couldn't remember what time it came on, so I came to find out. It was so gripping; I just have to watch it again. My husband and I couldn't turn it off.
  12. StarkR
    Jan 9, 2006
    The first time I caught this show it was by chance and I was really surprised at how good it is. This is real 'reality tv' - and much better. Very interesting take!
  13. ElenaG
    May 7, 2006
    I saw many edicational/entertaining programs and well-done 3D movies and I can say with all certaintty that "I Shouldn't Be Alive" is not only the BEST show but NOTHING LIKE I HAVE SEEN BEFORE! It is so professionally done and acted out that it seems like the camera was there when the particular event took place. It is too real (in a good way) and makes me never wanting to take I saw many edicational/entertaining programs and well-done 3D movies and I can say with all certaintty that "I Shouldn't Be Alive" is not only the BEST show but NOTHING LIKE I HAVE SEEN BEFORE! It is so professionally done and acted out that it seems like the camera was there when the particular event took place. It is too real (in a good way) and makes me never wanting to take health and life for granted. Thank you Discovery Channel for doing such an outstanding job!!! Consider, please, adding an expert advice on how to increase survival chances in a particular cituation. Expand
  14. SageP
    Aug 8, 2006
    This show is amazing & shows how strong the human will to survive is. Every episode moves me and is highly memorable. It leaves a person feeling very grateful for what they have. Highly recommended!
  15. MikeD
    Nov 26, 2005
    I actually was crying after the show thinking of how horrifying it must have been to be there on the raft in that survival episode. Man
  16. RobP
    Nov 9, 2005
    DO NOT listen to these Critics (Boston Globe, Variety). This has got to be the best TV show on air right now. Me and my girlfriend were on the edge of our couch during the entire show. Only one complaint, O wait, I have none.
  17. DenverK
    Dec 2, 2005
    I am glued to the TV. The stories are truly moving. Thank you for quality TV.
  18. DeniseM
    Dec 21, 2005
    Great Show
  19. JuliaT
    Dec 20, 2005
    This is one of the most captivating shows I have ever watched. The recreations and the acting were phenomenal and alctually made me feel like I was there and experiencing what was going on in the show. I have read critical reviews on this program and I don't understand what there is to criticize, especially with all the ugly programing that is available on our tv sets. This show is This is one of the most captivating shows I have ever watched. The recreations and the acting were phenomenal and alctually made me feel like I was there and experiencing what was going on in the show. I have read critical reviews on this program and I don't understand what there is to criticize, especially with all the ugly programing that is available on our tv sets. This show is not only interesting and educational but I found that it has made me realize how fragile life really is. I Think it is about time something this good came along, I was begining to wonder when I was going to get what I was paying for, this show is a hit! Expand
  20. shanem
    Dec 3, 2005
    Love it.Love it.Love it!!!!!
  21. JoshC
    Dec 5, 2005
    This new show is amazing. I've been hooked ever since I saw the first episode of the 4 gentlemen exploring the Amazon. This is a perfect TV mix of realism and interesting acting/shooting during the episode. I love how they let the survivor voice over their events. While also at times, they cut back to the person/s and give you a feel of their emotions in reliving the ordeal. This new show is amazing. I've been hooked ever since I saw the first episode of the 4 gentlemen exploring the Amazon. This is a perfect TV mix of realism and interesting acting/shooting during the episode. I love how they let the survivor voice over their events. While also at times, they cut back to the person/s and give you a feel of their emotions in reliving the ordeal. I've read reviews that say the acting isn't up to par; I have to disagree. The scenes have been set up wonderfully-with mixing of screen shots, the omnipotent x-ray which takes you deep in to the physical/mental pains being experienced. . All of that blended with GOOD acting and nothing seeming out of place. What Expand
  22. MeeganM
    Oct 31, 2005
    Best show I've seen in a long time.
  23. DavidS
    Jan 13, 2006
    (In the shark survivor episode)Great job on meg she was scary! P.S.she seemeb like she was possesed by a deman.(she acted like Emily Rose)(in the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose) once again GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. RavikumarG
    Jun 29, 2006
    The show is the best that's on my list. I would love to see more episodes but don't think they have a lot. The Direction is also very good. Now a days I have too much respect for water.
  25. crystall
    Aug 15, 2006
    I watched a few of the episodes, and this particular one, 'the shark survivors" is a scary one. That lady named Meg died a horrible way. Is it true that she was really like this, being possessed and chanting words that couldn;t be understood? she looked real scary. My children were scared . I felt so sorry for her to die this way. It seems the lady survior(forgot her name) is a I watched a few of the episodes, and this particular one, 'the shark survivors" is a scary one. That lady named Meg died a horrible way. Is it true that she was really like this, being possessed and chanting words that couldn;t be understood? she looked real scary. My children were scared . I felt so sorry for her to die this way. It seems the lady survior(forgot her name) is a christian? She knows 'The Lord 's Prayer'. I think ,many survivors must have thought of God when they were dying. surely, many must have said their prayers but was not shown in the tv re-inactment. amazing true stories indeed! They live to tell their story! By the way, why did the 2 men jumped into the sea? Had they gone crazy and was it because they drank the sea-water? Expand
  26. nono
    Nov 12, 2005
    This was a thrilling show. I absoultly love it. Everynight I say" Mom is I Shouldn't Be Alive on?" I can't believe the lucky ( if You call having a jaguar in your face, but buring insect repellent lucy} and unlucky situations these people are put in.
  27. rickz
    Nov 19, 2005
    best realistic show. so well done. the 2 first episodes were technically amazing. every minute it makes you think phisically, mentally and emotionally how our body react to this circumstances. i sympatize with all this people. thanks discover.
  28. JulieS
    Nov 19, 2005
    We love this show. Best watched with a bowl of popcorn. The stories of these strong willed people are fascinating. Great family entertainment.
  29. KarenA
    Nov 26, 2005
    Anything that keeps me awake gets a 10. No, really, it was a truly interesting program of what people can endure. Just amazing!
  30. MeredithL
    Nov 27, 2005
    I love this show. So far all the ones I've watched have been so thrilling, a real adrenaline rush! I think the best part about it is that they are all true stories. I'm telling all my friends to watch.
  31. beng.
    Dec 8, 2005
    This is the single most original show in years!
  32. micheller
    Oct 29, 2005
    I loved the first episode, I was on the edge of my seat! Some was upsetting! I felt like I almost could've been there! The two people that survived it are real true SURVIVORS!!!
  33. CandyK
    Jul 24, 2006
    Finally a show that you can watch because it is entertaining, exciting and true! No sex..is that legal in America? I look forward to more shows like this. I almost thur my TV out and then I came upon I shouldn't be alive...!
  34. MR.Black
    Mar 24, 2008
    I would love to see great show making like this go into actual survival training! The whiney Kayakers should have picked up a set of marine flares from Wally world or at least some road flares,both are very common and could of ended Mr. "I cant Belive he left me's" drama when he saw the RESCUE boats. also no whistle? no Flashlight? on LPU.wow these shows keep RESCUE personnel I would love to see great show making like this go into actual survival training! The whiney Kayakers should have picked up a set of marine flares from Wally world or at least some road flares,both are very common and could of ended Mr. "I cant Belive he left me's" drama when he saw the RESCUE boats. also no whistle? no Flashlight? on LPU.wow these shows keep RESCUE personnel volunteering and risking. There's more to a open water paddle than a "DEW' and a IPOD.when packin for your "ultra light go fast wanderfest "in the big outside,consider the weight of a fully loaded Bird(HELO) or Boat and all of the people you will put in harms way. all of the crews driving to site .the folks that fuel the Birds, boats, trucks.people,dogs,horses well you get the picture. great movie making! good tec-info.Soup sandwich whiney people.The Amazon jungle show with the SF survival instructor who was great! as far as the featured "SURVIVORS" they should not go out of the house! Expand
  35. DeeK
    Nov 19, 2005
    This show ROCKS! These stories are very suspensful, nail biters - and theyr'e true! You won't want to change the channel!
  36. J.KhaiW
    Nov 22, 2005
    Excellent show. Probably the best re-entactment show ever made. The actors are phenomenal. Why aren't they on the big screen?
  37. DonnaG
    Nov 25, 2005
    It is too scary sometimes. I was worried I wouldn't be able to sleep after that one. (I live in South Florida). The only thing about these stories is that you know who will and who won't be around because of the narrators. I suppose that takes the edge off, at least.
  38. GarryP
    Nov 28, 2005
    It has been a very, very long time since I've come across a show that I wouldn't channel surf away from. This is excellent entertainment.
  39. DanB
    Dec 11, 2005
    Regardless of what any condescending critic may have written about this show, I find it to be absolutely incredible. Let me put it this way: I just rented "Lord of the Rings" and shut it off after a half hour of boredom. I could not shut off "I Shouldn't be Alive". The stories are compelling, the re-enactments in my opinion are outstanding (better than they even need to be) and it is Regardless of what any condescending critic may have written about this show, I find it to be absolutely incredible. Let me put it this way: I just rented "Lord of the Rings" and shut it off after a half hour of boredom. I could not shut off "I Shouldn't be Alive". The stories are compelling, the re-enactments in my opinion are outstanding (better than they even need to be) and it is also very educational. I can not wait to see the episodes that I haven't seen yet. Expand
  40. AmyW
    Dec 13, 2005
    My husband and I were both in awe while watching what those five people had to endure on that life raft in the ocean. It was incredible! I had to cover my eyes with my hands during the hallucinations!!! I was horrified but just closing my eyes wasn't enough...I needed to hide from it! Incredible!
  41. BruceD
    Dec 27, 2005
    Overall, the show is pretty entertaining. However, what needs to be included at the end of each show is how to most expertly survive each scenario in every episode. By doing so, the show elevates itself from simply entertainment to critical information that more people would tune in to watch.

Relies so heavily on... amateurish re-creations that it undermines its otherwise mind-blowing survival stories.
  2. Gripping and thrilling.
    Ghastly, grisly and yet pruriently gripping.