7.0

1. Feb 18, 2011
    I love this show. Of course the incidents are set up to let Joan do what she does best...be hysterically funny...but being the mother of a grown daughter the show highlights many of the same big issues that arise between mothers and daughters...albeit a bit over the top...but that is what makes it entertaining. I admire Ms Rivers for how she has reacted to all of the setbacks in her lifeI love this show. Of course the incidents are set up to let Joan do what she does best...be hysterically funny...but being the mother of a grown daughter the show highlights many of the same big issues that arise between mothers and daughters...albeit a bit over the top...but that is what makes it entertaining. I admire Ms Rivers for how she has reacted to all of the setbacks in her life and career..she is a real workhorse and a very talented one at that. And I love Melissa....she loves her mom but struggles to assert her own identity...love love love the show Expand
  2. Feb 2, 2011
    I LOVE this show! Joan is funny and the chemistry between her and Melissa is the best! Joan holds nothing back. I think this is a pretty darn "close to normal" life situation show that I have seen for a long time. Very entertaining! Please don't take it off the air....!
  3. Feb 8, 2011
    I love this show! Had to find a place to express this. Joan had me on the apprentice. I watched Joan as a kid when she performed while pregnant with Melissa on TV... love watching Joan push the boundaries and Melissa react....Joan's grandson - well only out of the mouths of babes..."it's a chick magnet" describing her car was hysterical....Love this show...hope to follow it for a long time....
  4. Feb 20, 2011
    This is my favorite reality show, and very insightful into both Joan & Melissa's lives. What a treat to get to see Joan every week, and also get a glimpse of what life is really like for themselves and their families. Although some moments appear a bit scripted, overall the viewer gets the sense that this is the real deal. And there's no one in entertainment today who is as quick, and asThis is my favorite reality show, and very insightful into both Joan & Melissa's lives. What a treat to get to see Joan every week, and also get a glimpse of what life is really like for themselves and their families. Although some moments appear a bit scripted, overall the viewer gets the sense that this is the real deal. And there's no one in entertainment today who is as quick, and as funny as Joan.

I highly recommend this show!!!

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Feb 1, 2011
    Rivers scarcely pretends any of the setups are real--it's just more material for her. [7 Feb 2011, p.41]
  2. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Jan 26, 2011
    If you're a committed Riversian, and I am, Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best? is an enjoyably lighthearted hour of prime Joan shtick.
  3. Reviewed by: Alessandra Stanley
    Jan 26, 2011
    Ms. Rivers is, even in this silly imposture, very funny, making jokes and playing the role of doting grandmother and interfering mother self-mockingly.