Journeyman : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2007
7.5

1. MarionG.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Fantastic show. I gave it a try because of McGibbs, and veterans of The West Wing, of course, but the show itself is quite interesting. You're always wondering why he is where he is, and they deliver the answer satisfyingly. Love the cinematography and direction as well. Beautiful shots.
  2. ZooCaretaker
    Jan 1, 2008
    Best show of the season. Well written; great acting; awesome thought provoking episodes including love, family, science, intrigue, suspense, history, romance, car chases, (actual) cliff hangers, time travel and changing history for the better all rolled up in one hour show that gets better and better each week. A great show for the entire family!
  3. Georgeh.
    Oct 1, 2007
    Very surprised! Great show, engaging performances, smart script.
  4. JoeT.
    Oct 2, 2007
    Reminds of The Time Traveler's Wife re jigged for TV. The smart script plays well off the emotional baggage and history of the 'present day' set of characters. Great stuff.
  5. GB.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Great show. Excellent choice I think in casting Kevin McKidd. He really has the intensity to hold the show and keep you caring through an essentially fanciful plot. Definitely think this is the best of the fall and I hope it lasts.
  6. MrMushroomer
    Oct 3, 2007
    I do not understand how the Chicago Tribune can give this a 30/100. That is insane. Whoever filled out that review is getting paid by a competitor network to bash this show. Ever since I knew that Romes' Lucius Vorenus was gonna be in this show, I kept track of it and built up my expectations dangerously. I usually do not enjoy shows that I do this to, but Journeyman broke that cycle I do not understand how the Chicago Tribune can give this a 30/100. That is insane. Whoever filled out that review is getting paid by a competitor network to bash this show. Ever since I knew that Romes' Lucius Vorenus was gonna be in this show, I kept track of it and built up my expectations dangerously. I usually do not enjoy shows that I do this to, but Journeyman broke that cycle and I can confidently say that this show must be given a chance. Don't let it be like The Drive that got canceled after 6 episodes. And please don't let it be a gem that gets canned after 1 season like Freaks and Geeks. Anyways, go to nbc.com and watch the episode online for free uninterrupted and without commercials. I am really excited about this show. I am also a huge fan of Quantum Leap and Back to the Future so stop comparing them and go into it thinking... How does this guy actually time travel. THIS is the big question of the show. With Sam it was Ziggy and with Marty McFly it was the DOC. But with Dan, I'm still stumped and I think they are gonna keep this puzzle a secret at least until they get canceled. Expand
  7. jeanner.
    Oct 30, 2007
    I find this thoroughly enjoyable.
  8. ChrisL.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Agree with the Time Traveler's Wife references, but this show is very entertaining and also reminiscent of Quantum Leap with more mystery.
  9. kentf.
    Jan 10, 2008
    I love this show. You critics don't know what you're talking about. Yes, you have to concentrate a little on the story. That is what makes it a great show. You want to concentrate on it. I never get on-line and voice my opinion. Why not give this awesome show another chance? This comes from a 43 yr old, college educated, Journeyman fanatic.
  10. JonathanA.
    Jan 8, 2008
    I can't believe NBC is canceling this show. It is the only show my girl and I are passionate about watching together.
  11. StellaH.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Great show!
  12. RashmiT.
    Oct 16, 2007
    I'm very impressed with the show, and I'm going to stick with it. The time traveling story is always difficult, and yes there is confusion as there should be. But the show is more about people's lives, and what would you have done if you could time travel than figuring out how it works. I have missed Lucious Vorenus, so it's a treat. I'm very happy to find a I'm very impressed with the show, and I'm going to stick with it. The time traveling story is always difficult, and yes there is confusion as there should be. But the show is more about people's lives, and what would you have done if you could time travel than figuring out how it works. I have missed Lucious Vorenus, so it's a treat. I'm very happy to find a really good new show for Monday since 'Heroes' is fading on me. Strange but I enjoy the music and the looks of the opening credits. Expand
  13. MichelleP.
    Oct 16, 2007
    I absolutely love this show! NBC needs to listen to its viewers and ignore critics! This is a great show, and it's fun to see the relationship between Katie and Dan, and how he is still devoted to her after running into his "long lost love"
  14. MarcoR.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Excellent show!!
  15. BarbS
    Dec 2, 2007
    This show is a refreshing alternative to the mindless entertainment dominating the airwaves of late. It engages the viewer on a cerebral level and involves characters you really come to care about. The suspension of disbelief that is necessary to 'buy into' the story is not difficult to manage. I love this show. It doesn't surprise me to discover it is created by people who This show is a refreshing alternative to the mindless entertainment dominating the airwaves of late. It engages the viewer on a cerebral level and involves characters you really come to care about. The suspension of disbelief that is necessary to 'buy into' the story is not difficult to manage. I love this show. It doesn't surprise me to discover it is created by people who were involved with West Wing. I loved that show too! Expand
  16. GaryC.
    Oct 23, 2007
    More like this please! Theres only so many Dr/ Cop based stuff TV can handle.
  17. KendallJ.
    Oct 23, 2007
    TV EXECS....... please don't let go of a great show!!!!
  18. StephenE.
    Dec 4, 2007
    This become my favorite show, I wait each week to see which new level of intrigue will be added to the series. Great Show!
  19. DanitaR.
    Dec 7, 2007
    LOVE THIS SHOW
  20. RamzeezeB.
    Dec 8, 2007
    I love this show because the concept and all the action. however, I'm deeply sad because NBC didn't order a full season but i hope it will at least order another 13 episode 2nd season. but this show is really good.
  21. Isaacb.
    Oct 29, 2007
    The critics are obviously not that good at critiquing because most everyone who rates this show will give it a 10/10
  22. EDWARDJ
    Oct 4, 2007
    I think the show is good. I like that it is not too heavy but it is engaging. There are great twists to the plot of each of the first 2 episodes. I have enjoyed it so far. Hopefully it will keep my interest as there is not much else on TV.
  23. MaryJ.
    Oct 4, 2007
    I love this show and it's probably one of my favorites from the new fall lineup. It keeps my attention and I love all the characters. Great show!
  24. MaxW.
    Oct 5, 2007
    I was cracking Quantum Leap jokes about this show before it debuted, but after sitting down and watching the start of the premiere, I got into it. I think what this show really has going for it (compared to some of the other new dramas) is some really solid acting and a charismatic lead. Whether all the jumping around from show to show can keep our attention for very long over the course I was cracking Quantum Leap jokes about this show before it debuted, but after sitting down and watching the start of the premiere, I got into it. I think what this show really has going for it (compared to some of the other new dramas) is some really solid acting and a charismatic lead. Whether all the jumping around from show to show can keep our attention for very long over the course of a season (or longer) is yet to be seen, but perhaps the underlying story arc they're hinting at will make this show progress in more satisfying ways than something like Quantum Leap ever did. Expand
  25. SamA.
    Oct 6, 2007
    This show is getting better and easier to understand. Judging from how awesome he was in Rome, I owe it to McKidd to give the shows a few more watches.
  26. JenniferR.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Good and a good draw from the Heroes audience already in a world where the supernatural is all part of the normal plot. As long as there is a good longer plot versus the story of the week it can retain audiences and be enjoyable
  27. ColinC
    Oct 6, 2007
    One of my top two new shows for the season. (The other being Reaper.) Like others, I loved Quatum Leap in its day. But I consider Journeyman to be a worthy, modern-day heir. It has multiple and more complex story arcs, plus a more realistic-feeling (as much as it can be) premise. No offense Ziggy.
  28. MattG
    Oct 9, 2007
    My reaction to reading the premise of this new show was "This one won't last four episodes." I hope I am proven wrong. I really like Kevin McKidd and Gretchen Egolf. Moon Bloodgood is pleasant, but I think she should've stayed away from "Daybreak II". I think the premise is better and less important (from a detail standpoint) than it was in Daybreak. McKidd's "Dan Vasser" My reaction to reading the premise of this new show was "This one won't last four episodes." I hope I am proven wrong. I really like Kevin McKidd and Gretchen Egolf. Moon Bloodgood is pleasant, but I think she should've stayed away from "Daybreak II". I think the premise is better and less important (from a detail standpoint) than it was in Daybreak. McKidd's "Dan Vasser" doesn't obsessively ask himself why, instead, he does what he feels he should do, and only THEN asks himself "what's going on?" I really like the Vassar's chemistry. Great show, even though I still have a feeling it may be a goner... Expand
  29. SeanT.
    Oct 9, 2007
    Intriguing show that is definitely a great change of pace from the mindless reality shows we see on TV. I'm rooting for this one to make it and give us a viable sci-fi show on network television.
  30. IreneD.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Outstanding show. None stop actions. I enjoy time travel stories the most.

1. This new NBC time-travel drama is fairly mind-blowing and harrowing, laying out a preposterous scenario that it makes feel nonetheless believable.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Henry Goldblatt
    Journeyman is an enjoyable romp--one that provides the accessibility of a procedural as well as the continuing mystery of "Lost" or "Heroes." [28 Sep 2007, p.94]
    Everything about this time-traveling drama seems rote and stale. The show is a pallid, uninspired execution of ideas we've seen done better elsewhere.