• Network: CBS
Season #: 1, 2
6.3

1. EdgarC.
    Sep 26, 2007
    It's a nice idea and it might seem cute a couple of times, but there are other reality shows out there are a lot better.
  2. Sheila
    Sep 26, 2007
    Not as bad as I thought it would be, plan to continue watching.
  3. halb
    Sep 26, 2007
    I want to like this, I really do... As a character study of some very interesting and admirable kids, it works pretty well. As a Survivor-type drama, it pretty much fails to entertain, but hey, these are kids, not grownups. I think its highest value is as a kind of civics lesson for kids in the same age range as the cast. And I want one of those $20K gold stars!

But even if you pushed those questions about production ethics out of your mind last night, the Kid Nation premiere was still an uncomfortable, irritating, and narratively subpar hour of TV. It was a disorganized mess that milked its young cast for cacophonous psychodrama.
    There was one brief shoving match on the program, in which a 15 year old "got in the face" of an 11 year old, but most of the program was pretty sedate, if not a bit bland.
  3. Reviewed by: Julie Hinds
    Would the creators of Kid Nation please go to their room for a time-out and come up with something more original?