• Network: FX , FXX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 17, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.2

1. Jun 5, 2014
    Before watching the show I watched all of Jefferies Stand-up DVD's so I knew his material. What this show is simply setting up situations to string together his material. And it doesn't do that too well. Some ideas are pretty funny but most of it feels forced together.
  2. Jan 19, 2013
    "don't mind him, he's Australian" .... wow.. just wow.. I'm Australian myself and I don't think I personally know anyone who would act like the main character does in this show. The cliché jokes used in the first episode were terrible, it was as if the writer didn't think it was worth trying anything new. The whole show seemed like a bad example of how comedy should be done and anyone thinking this is anything like Louie will be sorely disappointed. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jan 17, 2013
    Legit comes off as appalling at first but after a few episodes, you get used to how awful Jefferies is and the show even allows for a few skewed, sweet moments.
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Jan 17, 2013
    Odd, crude and strangely charming, Legit won't be for everyone. But fans of FX's other comedies should definitely give it a try.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jan 17, 2013
    Jefferies' comedy is by turn smart, obvious, thoughtful and irritating, and quite as much may be said of his series--though his stage demeanor (loud, brash and in control) is softened considerably here by dint of his being a character living among other characters.