• Network: FOX
Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.5

1. LindaM
    Aug 1, 2009
    Tim Roth is an amazing actor, one of the best in the business! I love this show, it's far superior to most. I have watched every episode and the reruns. Now I find myself trying to read everyone's body language and facial expressions!
  2. janetp
    Jan 22, 2009
    Fascinating premise...relevant to communicating in "real life". Especially enjoy exposure to many worlds through broad base of clients. Grounded, intelligent, interesting plot twists.
  3. garthm
    Apr 6, 2009
    Given time and the right treatment by the network this show could grow into a gem. It's been getting better episode by episode. The similarities to that other Fox hit (House) are hard to miss. Roth is not Hugh Laurie, but the dialogue is fairly tight (not up to House quality) the stories are interesting and the acting, on the whole is better than what we see on most higher rated Given time and the right treatment by the network this show could grow into a gem. It's been getting better episode by episode. The similarities to that other Fox hit (House) are hard to miss. Roth is not Hugh Laurie, but the dialogue is fairly tight (not up to House quality) the stories are interesting and the acting, on the whole is better than what we see on most higher rated television series. I hope it gets a year to prove its potential. Expand
  4. GloryM
    Jan 25, 2009
    I truly enjoyed Lie to Me. It was an interesting on a shows premise. I loved the way they showed pictures on real people making the same facial expressions. (Like OJ and others alike). I was excited to see something new.
  5. EbriamH.
    Jan 28, 2009
    Exciting, Fresh, Innovative. Lie to Me is a breath of fresh air on a stale and repetitive weekly line up of TV shows. i can now say 1 more show is worthy of entering my 8 shows to watch on, my weekly line up.
  6. merwinm.
    Jan 29, 2009
    lie to me is unusual crime drama with a little comedy here and theretim roth is amazing in it and yet again playing a roll that hes known for love it love it love it.
  7. ceebee
    Feb 25, 2009
    The best new show on tv - I thought I was watching cable or something - Please don't pull this one.
  8. BettyV
    Jun 20, 2009
    I've seen this show only once; hope the other episodes are as good. That one show made me a believer--that it'll be one of my favorites. It's quite original. I especially enjoyed all the flashbacks to various notables under pressure.
  9. DrakeD
    Jan 21, 2009
    This show is absolutely amazing. It has a perfect backdrop, with amazing stories to go along with it. With twists here and there and lovable characters, this show is a keeper. 10/10
  10. JohnH
    Jan 24, 2009
    Tim Roth brings an added bonus to this new idea for a TV show. Hope they can keep it fresh.
  11. HarveyB
    Oct 27, 2009
    a great crime drama about a man that can "read faces" and tell if a person is lying. episodes in the first season were good and entertaining but as season 2 started i can't help notice that the show is losing its momentum as i find myself already guessing who did what crime and so forth. i still recommend it but i hope the following episodes are much more difficult to answer.
  12. MaomaoZ
    Mar 13, 2009
    This show is awesome! I was drawn to it because of Roth, but actually the rest of the cast is amazing as well. Kelli Williams is such a natural. The premise of the show is entertaining, and they've done a really good job of not only creating an entertaining story every time but also drawing the audience into the lives of the characters, something the producers/directors of series This show is awesome! I was drawn to it because of Roth, but actually the rest of the cast is amazing as well. Kelli Williams is such a natural. The premise of the show is entertaining, and they've done a really good job of not only creating an entertaining story every time but also drawing the audience into the lives of the characters, something the producers/directors of series like CSI and Law and Order haven't done so well. Overall, great! I gasp and sigh during the whole show everytime! Expand
  13. SharonH
    Jun 16, 2009
    Love it and love the Cal Lightman character!
  14. Oct 8, 2010
    this is awesome. tim roth is awesome. the episodes are good to watch and even watch again. i like the characters mostly and the abilities to see and solve thigns the way they do.
  15. Sep 2, 2010
    Great show. Interesting premise lends itself to interesting angles. Tim Roth, excellent actor, best part of the show. Good pairing with Kelli Williams, she plays her role very well. Hoping they don't cancel this one.
  16. Nov 3, 2010
    The first season of this show was by far the best, and that season deserved a 10, unfortunately it feels like it's only gone downhill since then. Luckily, the show started at such a high point that it's fallen into a still very good show. I think one of the disappointments for me about the later seasons and episodes is the fact that they've turned away from running two cases per episode,The first season of this show was by far the best, and that season deserved a 10, unfortunately it feels like it's only gone downhill since then. Luckily, the show started at such a high point that it's fallen into a still very good show. I think one of the disappointments for me about the later seasons and episodes is the fact that they've turned away from running two cases per episode, now it's just one for each episode. This causes them to stretch the limits of the characters and plot and sometimes it's a real let down. However, as I said before, it's still a great show and the science behind it is real and absolutely fascinating. As other reviewers have said, I feel like I've learned a lot from the show and I find myself evaluating people's non-verbal cues and body language all the time now! Expand
  17. Jul 2, 2011
    One of the most interesting shows on TV. FOX made a mistake canceling this one.
    One of the most interesting shows on TV. FOX made a mistake canceling this one.
  18. Jul 10, 2011
    Lie to Me is probably the only TV series (besides Lost) to ever have me waiting for more episodes every time I finish one. Great series. Cal Lightman is a very likeable character. The way he moves, talks, and acts will have you interested in him easily. The show is not only funny, but it is also intense with drama and action.
  19. Apr 10, 2012
    A Smart show that is ultimately doomed just like Firefly. One could lament the state of our society when we would pick something like The Bachlor over Dramas. It show is a twist on detective drama with just enough to make it interesting as opposed to repetitious. The cast is great and the character they portrays have a great dynamic. I find it far better than House M.D., which is theA Smart show that is ultimately doomed just like Firefly. One could lament the state of our society when we would pick something like The Bachlor over Dramas. It show is a twist on detective drama with just enough to make it interesting as opposed to repetitious. The cast is great and the character they portrays have a great dynamic. I find it far better than House M.D., which is the show a lot of people seem to compare this with. This comparison is odd since House is really all about House (at least to a layman such as I), while this show puts much more emphasis on each episode's mystery. Expand
  20. Jun 4, 2012
    I'd prefer to watch this "Recycled" materal instead of NCIS or CSI any day. Lie to Me is by far THE best drama series i've ever watched in my life.
  21. Jun 21, 2013
    Lie to me is a fascinating show.

Its not fascinating for its plot or character development because honestly it is nothing special. In fact, it can be said to be down right predictable in most times. What is fascinating about the show is the brush of reality that highlights the show. The focus on non verbal language offers an opportunity to use the videos as a controlled environment
    Lie to me is a fascinating show.

What is fascinating about the show is the brush of reality that highlights the show. The focus on non verbal language offers an opportunity to use the videos as a controlled environment to practice on non verbal language reading.

I am not sure how stark in resemblance to reality it is. After all i have only read a few books on this topic. But I hope to apply these techniques in the future after replaying scenes 5xs and try to get a grasp on their expressions.
  22. Jul 14, 2014
    The show gets a slightly boring towards the end as the same story is re done with a different plot.
    The only thing that is keeping the show alive is the science behind it. The case of using human lie detectors as polygraphs are quite easy to fool is quite outstanding. Its just brilliant, You learn so much new and its fascinating.
    When Dr. Lightman figures out a person is lying and then

When Dr. Lightman figures out a person is lying and then he shows his reasoning behind it your mind is is blown away. Its quite astonishing and keeps the show alive.

The best thing is that this show is different. All we see now is lots of Crime TV shows.
    Amazing show and love it. -Must Watch-
  23. Tui
    Dec 29, 2014
    Based around an eccentric, yet hilarious social psychologist, Lie to Me introduces a new style of TV. Addiction awaits in the very first episode as you are intrigued by the quirky natures of the characters, awe inspiring stories and fascinating insights into human psychology.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Lie to Me is derivative yet well crafted, predictable yet ever-so-slightly novel.
    OK, fine, so maybe the pilot does wrap up with your typical teary-eyed confession. Otherwise, though, Lie to Me is as thoroughly entertaining and charming as its fine-looking cast of characters.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Lie to Me's pilot is brisk anthropological fun.