• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 29, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.7

1. May 2, 2014
    "I love to sh*t. It’s my favorite thing. I don’t know why they call it Number Two. I think it’s easily the best one. In my book, it’s Number One" - Louis C.K

That is why Louie is the best comedy on television
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Louis C.K. somehow, some way keeps getting better. Season 3 of Louie is my favorite of the seasons and I loved the first two. What I think like most about Louis C.K.'s humor is that the jokes aren't a hold your hand, laugh track, rim shot, 1-2 punchline types. He's not above raunchy, offensive, toilet humor but it's some how sophisticated with its fearless look at the truly terrible realities of existence. The show is basically one long metaphorical kick in Louie's balls, but with the subtlety and honesty that raises it above lesser comedies.
    I laugh from a position of superiority to Louie's angsty, suffering character and from continual surprise that horrible things can happen to Louie and when we'd normally expect a happy or lucky turn to finally come about, he gets knocked down again. I feel sick and twisted, but somehow he's got me laughing at death and misery many would weep at. Somehow it's thought provoking, deep, dark, and I was crying from laughing so hard. If you're the kind of person that says "Awwwww" multiple times a day while looking at cat pictures or because you can't help empathizing, even with fictional characters, this may be too much for you. It can be rude, offensive to liberal sensibilities, un-PC, and unapologetic, but if you keep your mind as truly open as the easily offended often claim to be, this show will make you a better and happier person.
  3. Aug 5, 2013
    By far the best Season of the show. Definitely not a strict "comedy" at this point although there were still scenes that had me in stiches. I guarantee that in a few years we'll be looking back on Louie Season 3 as a hallmark of great television.
  4. Jan 17, 2013
    Here is Mr. Aotom of the conviction that all comments are superfluous(But needed so i reach 150 characters).

Best show that was ever made. Louis continuously to deliver world class comedy.
  5. Nov 19, 2012
    Louie CK has done something pretty amazing here. This show is so great on so many levels. It is beautifully shot and a joy to look at. The stories he tells seem to come from a pure and sincere place and some of the episode seem so dark but yet you catch yourself laughing all the time. I love CK's sense of humor and his very realistic view of the world. He doesn't just make fun of other people but really mostly of himself. He opens your eyes to some hypocrisies and double standards we have in life. This show is so unique and amazing that a score of 10 doesn't do it justice!! Expand
  6. Nov 1, 2012
    I just love the feel of the show. It's so different and refreshing. If you are tired of usual boring sitcoms just watch this show. Each episode feels completely different from the last but still manages to be amazing every time.
  7. Aug 21, 2012
    I want to want more from Louie (specifically stand-up), but just can't because the show grows more and more into what it should be with every episode. The charming New York soundtrack and tragic pathos employed bring his comedy into an other worldly dimension of humor absent anywhere else today. The twisted motley crew of encounters grow darker yet more light-hearted in their unpredictability with each season. The show is beautiful and ugly and you can't stop growing to love Louie as much as god seems to hate him. Brilliant. Expand
  8. Aug 19, 2012
    Louie continues to be, along with Breaking Bad, the best show on television. Season 3 has been fantastic so far and I bet it\'s just the beginning. If you're not watching it yet, well... Go. Do it.
  9. Aug 17, 2012
    I didn't think it would be possible for season 3 to be better than season 2 but so far mr. Louie C.K. has proved me wrong, this show is extremely funny and awkward and i just love it and you should too! 10/10
  10. Aug 15, 2012
    This show is pretty funny. The way that life always $h!tS on him is just funny. Louis C.K. is one of the most funniest people of our generation. The writing for the show is awesome. Definitely watch it
  11. Jul 22, 2012
    Although it's not all about the jokes this season, Louie is still hilariously entertaining and beautifully directed. C.K. is getting better at everything, and he's definitely showing off his new found skills.
  12. Jul 16, 2012
    Who could have thought a comedy could provide this massive an insight into the human psyche. You can't get comfortable with this show because you never know what to expect. Hope he never sells out because he's on fire right now.
  13. Jul 12, 2012
    Although at first glance, Louie seems like a low-key comedy about a comedian's normal life, the show is consistently funny and often ridiculously hilarious. Normal daily situations are made comedic by just the most subtle of turns. The show is semi-relatable in the fashion, "this has never happened to me before, but I could totally see it happening." Also, the stand-up portions are superb - Louis C.K. is currently one of the best comedians out there. Expand
  14. Jul 10, 2012
    Most creative comedy show in years. The Melissa Leo episode is a classic. It's refreshing to see someone like Louis taking less money to keep the powers-that-be out of the creative process.
  15. Jul 5, 2012
    First episode started with a bang (not literally) but I enjoyed every minute of it. Loved the parking sign! Louie does an amazing job acting and turning his comedy into a story that someone can follow. As each enw season comes along, it doesn't get worse, it stays the same, which is very good. Great show, watch it!
  16. Jun 30, 2012
    In an industry dominated by highly formulaic and self-congratulatory comedy, Louis C.K. provides a raw and sympathetic view into the mind of his fictive autobiographical doppelgänger using a combination of existential calisthenics, self-deprecation and Gogolian absurdity. All in all, it is a very refreshing step in the right direction.
  17. Jun 30, 2012
    Louie CK is on top of the world right now. He's one of the most popular stand up comedians. He's a regular on late night shows. And on top of all that, he's the writer, director, and star of one of the most innovative shows on television. Louie is a magnificent piece of television. I suggest you watch it.
  18. Jun 30, 2012
    Louis C.K's show, like his stand-up, takes a little getting used to, but when you get it - it gets you good too. What separates CK from other stand-ups who provoke and utilize "offensive" humor, is that he has that indefinable quality called "heart". There's no malice in his provocations, and no superficial politicising. Even though Louis, if you've heard his more "serious" interviews, is clearly a liberal/progressive, he knows that political humor can be reductive and smug. Louie aims for drama rather than out-and-out jokes, which few comedians dare, as good as, for example, Curb Your Enthusiasm is, it never tugs at your heart, which Louis CK doesn't shy away from. Expand
  19. Jun 28, 2012
    Louie is a phenomenal show. It's hilarious and just so witty. I think he has some of the funniest jokes I've heard been told in a while. Louie is one of the funniest and overall great shows I've seen in a while.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jul 18, 2012
    These are almost closer to short stories than sitcom episodes--and yes, they're fantastic. [23 Jul 2012, p.38]
  2. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jul 10, 2012
    The new episodes start well, then keep improving, with narrative clarity and a fresh visual beauty.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jun 28, 2012
    Louie viewers don't know exactly what they're getting in any given week, but the show is so elastic that nothing it tries feels like something it shouldn't.