• Network: FX
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.6

1. BHB
    Aug 12, 2010
    Funniest show on television right now. Louie is vulgar yet honest and he is comfortable laughing at his bouts of depression. Helps you feel comfortable with your own humanity and laugh!
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    First of all it is not a comedy!!! it's the most unfunny comedy of all time. In my opinion Louie C.K. created a dead boring sitcom with very artistic directing and picture but with a very bad actor with enormous limitations (that possibly can't deliver the intended laughs from the screenplay)
  3. Aug 29, 2010
    Brutally honest, suicidally depressing, almost constantly cringe-inducing but relatable not off-putting (like Larry David); hilarious in the stand-up segments, slightly less so when depicting the existential horror of (daily) life.
  4. Aug 24, 2010
    Louie C.K. is one funny (shutyourmouth). The scene where he sits in coach is one of the funniest I've seen since Seinfeld.
  5. Aug 17, 2010
    Huge fan of Louie. Very funny show, but not the sort of comedy reminiscent of Seinfeld; this is more of a dry, sarcastic, self-deprecating humor. It's different, fresh. Just watch it!
  6. Aug 18, 2010
    Louis.CK is funny on stage and in sitcoms . The episodes can be funny (thanks to his stand up comedy) and painful at the same time.There had been great funny moments , for instance is interrupted by a woman when he is on stage and awkward moment too (the bully). It is funny, interesting and almost never boring.
    Great Comedy
  7. Sep 1, 2010
    Louie is one of the funniest shows i have ever seen. Although i don't like the lack of recurring characters or any sort of plot, Louis C.K has created a real gem that should be appreciated and possibly touched inappropriately by the entire adult audience.
  8. Sep 23, 2010
    If you're familiar with his stand-up comedy, that may prepare you for the offensive bits, but the darkness will probably have to grow on you. Since he comes off not just as a character but as a gem of a person, you're more willing to meet him half-way. The more I see, the more I enjoy the originality and the genuineness. I can't believe the half-hour passes so fast.
  9. Oct 3, 2011
    Uneven but funny as hell. Brash, vulgar and somehow truthful. Louie needs something along the lines of a Jerry Seinfelf treatment. That way, it would stay on for multiple seasons and continue to be consistently funny.
  10. Oct 3, 2010
    I found the first season of Louie to be incredibly honest television. There aren't necessarily the crazy, ridiculous plot-lines you might find in Community, 30 Rock, or Sunny. But it's clearly the product of one man's relationship with the world around him. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's serious. It's very true to life in that sense. The frequent very surreal moments make the show subjectively original. It has a very loose structure and nothing is ever heavy-handed -- not the jokes, not the drama. C.K. doesn't make his opinions out to be more than opinions, and I find his efforts and message to be very compelling. In an era of packaged television, Louie transcends genre and convention, and is one of the most original shows on the air. Expand
  11. Sep 18, 2011
    Life is funny. Life is sad. Love is funny. Love is sad. "Louie" is about life and love. "Louie" is simply the best comedy series I have ever, ever seen.
  12. Dec 11, 2010
    What people thought Seinfeld was. It wasn't, but this. Funny, if you're paying attention to the world around you and the precarious lunacy of it, and brilliant if you've realized that nothing in 2010 America is the way it's supposed be.
  13. Sep 4, 2011
    Good show. The comedy is basically about serious awkward moments. Some are extremely funny while others are not that funny at all, yet it still keeps my attention. Not you average comedy and very unique. I love it.
  14. Apr 28, 2011
    Louis CK is plainly put, brilliant. His stand-up is brutally honest and hilarious. This TV show is not only extremely funny but also very original. I can't wait for season 2
  15. Jan 18, 2013
    Before I start this review let me just say I am a big fan of Louis CKs stand up and that anyone that hasn
  16. Sep 1, 2011
    It's not just another TV show, it's different from anything else on TV. Louie is the type of show where you can't just sit down and watch one episode, you must watch 2 or 3, it's that good. The punchlines develop throughout the whole show and it comes to the point where you even forget about it, and you just concerned about the other things going on in the episode, and then finally the punch line comes through and you laugh, laugh, laugh and laugh some more. Louie is a great show, well done by a great comedian. Expand
  17. Jun 24, 2011
    What an amazing series! I was so happy to discover it and almost angry at the fact that I didn't even know it was on TV. Louis CK is one of my favorite comics and has been for a long time. This show not only showcases his unique comedy but gives it more depth and flavor than any comedy special could hope to. Not only is it brilliantly thought out and much more significant than similar shows like Siegnfield but it really leaves the audience wanting more, rather than just being satisfied by a single half hour. Great job, hope to see more! Collapse
  18. kiz
    Jul 19, 2011
    To say this show is funny is an understatement. First off, i created an account literally, just to review this show. I know its only for season one, but tonight i watched, back to back every episode so far. I started off thinking "oh its one of those shows thats trying to be all different and poetic and gritty" with the way its shot and the way the story lines play out, but i was grossly misinformed. Its brilliant... I could go on all day about how amazing and funny this show is, but im gonna keep it short. 1. The storyline(s) are fantastic. 2. It is filmed brilliantly. 3.The actors are sublime and spot on in terms of casting 4.Louie kinda reminds me of Seth Rogen which is kinda cool and 5. It just dont get boring, or unfunny... it keeps you entertained. If you haven't seen it, or have maybe seen one episode and think its nothing special i seriously would recommend giving this show the time it deserves.. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!! 20 out of 10! Expand
  19. Sep 18, 2012
    Very funny....................................................................................................................................................
  20. Aug 25, 2011
    This has got to be my favorite show on television right now. It's Louis C.K. plus all the funny stuff he can't say while on stage. It's kind of like Seinfeld, cos he does stand up on the show, and then goes about his life. Honestly, I think it's better than Seinfeld. A lot of things that haven't been done before on a comedy TV show are being done on Louie and believe me, it's awesome.
  21. Sep 5, 2011
    Such a phenomenal show. Louie definitely knows his **** Between this and Curb Your Enthusiasm they definitely nail fine observational humor. I love it.
  22. Oct 17, 2011
    TL;DR: I laughed my ass off.

Louie is quite the stylistically unique sitcom, never seeming to commit to any rigid narrative at all. Resembling a series of comedic vignettes, each episode's plot or argument is addressed with a cold open of Louie's own stand-up. Each routine's social observation soon manifests itself in the hilarious depictions of his life as a sedate 42-year-old
    divorcé. "Louie"s approach to the 22-minute sitcom feels charmingly green, yet hilariously cutting--but most of all it feels like breaking new ground. I suppose my bias is showing, so I'll simply say: It's worth the watch! Expand
  23. Jul 25, 2014
    A hilarious TV show that follows around Louis CK as he plays a fictional version of himself: Louie, an aging, lonely, boring, and awkward man who lives alone and with his two daughters every other week. You'll find yourself grinding your teeth in frustration at his awkwardness, while at the same time you're pissing yourself laughing. The acting is top-notch and not what I would've expected from a stand-up comedian's TV show. If you like Louis CK's kind of comedy, then definitely hesitate no longer and go check out Louie (first 3 seasons on Netflix currently!). To give you an idea of how good Louis CK is at playing his character, he was nominated in 2013 for a Golden Globe. Expand
  24. Jul 3, 2012
    The main star is not effective in his comedic delivery. It has much potential, but lacks in many aspects. If it could have more substance, it would be a show with potency. For now... it is nothing. Not bad, not good, not mediocre. Just nothing.
  25. Jun 24, 2013
    I love Louis CK and I loved his first show, Lucky Louie, but I'm meh on this first season. It has its moments, but not enough of them. I want to like it more, but I just can't.
  26. Aug 5, 2013
    Great first season for a unique show. Admittedly it suffers a little from trying to find its footing and I think the show gets much better in later seasons. However if you give this a chance I guarantee by the end of the season you will be hooked. This is like nothing else in TV.
  27. Apr 18, 2014
    We all associate Louis C.K. with humor, but I don't know. I'm hesitant to call this show a straight up comedy. It's definitely laugh out loud funny at times, but there are also moments of, not drama, but just...life. Some scenes have no jokes, no tension, no suspense...no nothing really. They're just kind of there. And you're watching them. And you're enjoying them. And you don't know why. I suppose it's a testament to Louie's ability as a craftsman. Very hard to explain, but either way, top-notch show. Expand
  28. Dec 17, 2012
    Fans of Louis CK shouldn't be surprised that this show is offensive and out of the box. It's also pretty good - maybe not laugh out loud comedy most of the time, but entertaining. If you like Louis, you'll like this.
  29. Feb 21, 2013
    Funny show anybody who disagrees is a but hurt suburban dumpster baby angry at the world because mommy did not buy them the Iphone5 ,and don't have appreciation for stand up comedy.
  30. Feb 28, 2014
    Louie is by far the worst pilot I've seen in a long time. It puts the viewer in the most uncomfortable position possible in regards to getting accustomed with a totally new show, and this is the genius of it. There is a level of pessimistic humor within Louie which isn't available in any other show. The "relatable" grit within Louie is almost a round of applause for all of us who instinctively expect the worst and have to laugh at the result. Expand
  31. Jan 13, 2014
    WATCH THIS SHOW. Louis C.K. is absolutely brilliant. What makes this show shine is the original feel this show has. Constantly shifting from five star drama to gut-busting comedy this show keeps you begging for more. The creator of the show, Louis C.K. has almost limitless creative freedom over his show. Its shows in the fact that the show has no rhyme or reason. Some episodes are serious others are ridiculous. It literally feels like every episode is its own entity with random pieces of cohesion and other parts are completely unrelated. Typically "raunchy" comedies make me mad. For example I HATE movies like The Hangover, Superbad, or any modern day James Franco- Seth Rogen bullcrap. This show doesn't go long without poop jokes and shock humor but for some unexplainable reason, Louie NAILS it and I love it. I would of never thought that I would ever like a show like this, but I'm in love. Give it a chance even if you aren't a fan of stupid humor. There is an impossible to explain charm that will easily steal your heart. Thank you Louie C.K. Expand
  32. Apr 14, 2014
    Those looking for cheap laughs will be sorely disappointed. Appreciating this show requires that the viewer understands it's intent. It is not about making you laugh. It is a commentary on life, depression, relationships, responsibilities, and failure/success. It is dark and unapologetic, but if there is one person you should be able to relate to in life, it's Louie.
  33. May 17, 2014
    It's rare to see a performer put himself out there, warts and all, but Louie just underlines what a brilliant, self-effacing comic Louis CK has matured into. For a few years now he's been one the funniest men in stand-up, and is fast becoming a comic legend, and this series is just another chapter in his burgeoning career. It's raw, excruciatingly honest, intelligent, confronting, and very, very funny. Expand
  34. Jul 11, 2014
    The first Season was good.. i don't really like him as an actor, but the stand up bits in the show are good

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Often profane and occasionally offensive, Louie won't be to every viewer's taste, but it's a more interesting show than many with a definitive point of view.
  2. The indie-director touches do not narrow the appeal of Louie. It is, however, strictly for adults.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Just trust me, this show is super-funny.