• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 19, 2007
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
8.6

1. Nov 1, 2012
    Though it takes quite a bit of time and effort to really submit into the world of "Mad Men", after a few episodes it's worth the patience. Once you become submerged in the business world of the '60's, it's ruthless, realistic atmosphere is so interesting that it's impossible to not be convinced that the actors involved really exist in our time. The show is consistently well-written, and every performance, particularly by Jon Hamm and January Jones, give it a sense of power that most TV shows beg for. Expand
  2. Aug 16, 2010
    Boring..season 4 shows that the writers are losing interest and certainly we feel the same. I watched this show from day one and always looked forward to to the next one. It is hard enough to keep up since there are only 13 shows a year but the writers are flying through the 60's missing many opportunities for good stories. This season is nothing more than Don sleeping with everyone and drinking. Alright already, we got that in the first season. Betty's marriage was not written about at all...I wondered if I had missed a show...This season is tedious to watch. I was a huge fan this past 3 years. This season I am sorry I spent $20 on Itunes to get the show at a better time than 10 pm sunday nights...Bcoooooo MadMen Expand
  3. May 5, 2011
    This was the gem that got away (from HBO)...but gratefully, a show made all the more accessible to viewers on AMC. The music and strategic placement of the era songs, fashion and advertising campaigns make the ad family of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce (formerly Sterling Cooper) very alluring from a social-cultural perspective. That most of the cast are virtually new to many of us viewers (except those of us who fondly remember Robert Morse back in the day) compels us to keep our eye on the script and story driven developments. The stylish look, the visual and audio nuances and the political and cultural backdrop are enticements to keep us all watching from Season to Season. Many of us had hoped to see MAD MEN go off into the hemisphere....moving through the Camelot years of the 60s, through the roaring turbulence of the 70s....incorporating some of the Disco era....to the Morning in America, when our long national nightmare would really be over. Yet, negotiations appear to deprive us from this so there remains only 3 seasons left. What to do....what to do?? Expand
  4. Apr 22, 2012
    The hype around this show was killing me and I really wanted to watch it, so I did and i did not regret wasting my time on it. Mad Men is awesome the era in which the show takes place is awesome the events that occur during each episode are interesting, the Actors are great and the backstory is great nonetheless. Big fan of the series so far !!
  5. Jun 18, 2011
    Mad Men is along with Breaking Bad the best show on TV. If you have not seen the show you are missing out. This is a show you have to watch from the beginning. The show is so subtle and nuanced. I can't even begin to describe how much I love this show. WATCH IT.
  6. Oct 15, 2010
    Love the show, especially the stuff set in the business world vs the home-life stuff. One question though-- do the writers have some sort of competition on going for how unlikable they can make Betty?
  7. Sep 17, 2010
    There is not a hair out of place on these actors nor a prop mis-acquired. The era is represented prefectly. As a woman, watching this can be quite shocking, it does help me put myself in my mother's shoes and understand her life.
  8. Nov 24, 2010
    finally a show that makes you THINK! there is time to figure out what is going on for yourself, they don't spell it all out. characters are complex, unclear, frustrating, loveable--just like real people. great show!!!
  9. Jan 20, 2011
    Just started watching this show. Extremely entertaining. This show is not supposed to be life changing, it's just entertainment. I would like to ask the individuals that have rated this show below a score of "5" what they consider to be a "10" score this season. Please feel free to respond.
  10. Aug 20, 2011
    Just superb television. Works on so many different levels; like a lasagne. On the plus side watching this series has made me appreciate style and the joy of wearing a fine suit. On the downside it has made me want to start smoking again ;(
  11. Jul 12, 2013
    Most of the bad reviews on this website for this show don't understand one of two things:

1. This is an extremely accurate portrayal of the 60s. Everyone dressed like this, and many women acted like this.

2. As one reviewer said: Mad Men is a hamfisted portrayal of a some of the more obvious biases and blindnesses of the early 60s. As if every day dawned in 1960 in order to provide
    white men with opportunities to manifest their sexual and racial biases"

Not all white men were provide with "opportunities to manifest their sexual and racial biases," but the ad men on Madison Avenue were. They were notorious, but most men were relatively similar to today with maybe some sexism and racism mixed in.

I personally think it is one of the best dramas, if not the best drama I have ever seen. It's not exciting so to speak, and not much really even happens in the first season, but it is an EXTREMELY accurate portrayal of people and their interactions with each other that I find fascinating and sometimes hilarious. I for one probably find the show much more comical than I'm supposed to, but sometimes the characters get angry/sad for the dumbest of reasons and I find that really funny because even though the reason is stupid, half the time the character is too and nothing is inaccurate.
  12. Dec 16, 2011
    We love this show! Not very many shows out there give an honest representation of the American family but, this show has hit a nerve. America can't be summed up with a inane joke and a laugh track. We need to delve into our wonderful history and embrace both the good and the bad!
  13. Dec 29, 2011
    Mad Men is intelligent and eclectic. A brilliant depiction of an ad firm back when capitalism was just growing into the propaganda monster it has now become. The show is rarely short of beautiful women as they seem to serve as short-term muses to Don Draper, the show's maddest man.
  14. Jul 4, 2013
    One of the best shows ever written for television. It's 4 Best Drama Emmy awards can attest to that bold claim. It was ripped off of a record setting 5th in a row but whatever. No show has sustained the level of excellence that Mad Men has for 6 seasons in a row. They are supposed to have one final season as the show will culminate in 1969. I've always said that I want the show to end before we see Don Draper in bell-bottom jeans. However, if anyone could pull off that look it would be Dandy Don. Expand
  15. Dec 30, 2011
    Without any doubt the best serie I've ever seen. It has a nice story, which is very realistic. The early 60's are protayed very well - by great actors such as Jon Hamm and Elisabeth Moss.

Also January Jones fits her character perfectly, I haven't seen one scene of her where she didn't act wonderfully.

I can't wait to see the next season.
  16. Jan 16, 2012
    Art of Seduction 101! Don Draper can make TV women drop their panties with swagger. The Pick Up Artist! The only TV series with class and clever dialogue. No show can match its wit or office politics. Power play!
  17. Mar 26, 2012
    Excellent. Was a bit skeptical at first; due to the subject of the show. It didn't really pique my interest at first. But, I gave the first episode a try, and was completely drawn in by all of it. The atmosphere and authenticity of the time period is nailed perfectly here; you really do feel like your watching real life in the '60s. From the offices and rooms of the advertising agency, to the musty bars and taverns -- everything feels spot on. The characters are well developed & interesting; there's a lot to enjoy just from the characters themselves. The character development in this show is very in-depth and well thought out. Characters don't just stay stagnant and stay the same, they change and grow over time (Peggy being the greatest example of that -- this season, at least) as the show progresses. The acting is top-notch as well; Hamm, Moss, & Slattery in particular.

There is no reason not to love this show. Give it a try before you knock it.
  18. Sep 20, 2013
    So amazing. The character development is phenomenal. Although I wasn't born quite a bit AFTER the 50's, 60's and 70's, I love taking a look into that world, in those times, with these characters. My advice: Just. Watch. It.
  19. Jan 16, 2013
    This is one of the few shows I really love and must see on TV. AMC does a good job with most. Seasons 1-2 were excellent. Season 3 was good, but things are beginning to run their course. Same thing happened with Breaking bad and Nip Tuck after 2 good seasons.

I love this so much, I often have watched the encore presentation back to back
  20. Jan 4, 2014
    An intelligent, cool, refreshing and very enjoyable TV show. The representations of its time, place and people couldn't be more accurate nor interesting. Great, the beginning of a great series.
  21. Aug 16, 2013
    Addictive and engaging yet subtle. Beautifully shot and acted with multi layered characters. The plot is always detailed and never obvious. Mad Men is unique and clever but always entertains.
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    The feminist in me had trouble getting into the show during the first episode. After hearing friends recommend it highly, I stuck with it and it's now one of my favorite shows. It's brilliantly done, expertly crafted characters with a story line that grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go. I love Betty (January Jones), she is compelling in a magnetic way. And Elisabeth Moss (Peggy) is the redeeming voice for women. For me, the show would've gotten a 10 if they had toned down the gratuitous nakedness. Overall, the psychology of the characters is fascinating, and the plot line addictive. Expand
  23. Mar 7, 2014
    I think that Mad Men is a great piece of TV/AMC history. I seriously think that Donald Draper is one of the best TV characters ( With Tony Soprano, Walter White, Frank Agnew, Harvey Spector AND Micheal Westin) But Madmen is a great piece of TV Histore it is for 14+ But I advise you.................... To watch this show
  24. May 26, 2014
    Mad Men is a great show; it really is an intriguing world that the writers have created and the acting is sublime. Although the decision to make a mid-season finale is dreadful as it was with Breaking Bad, I can't wait until I can finish this epic and I am curious to see if it all comes to a fantastic crescendo.

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    May 29, 2013
    Interestingly, a lot of nothing adds up to a big something.
  2. It's very filmic both in execution and ambition as it explores life before Betty Friedan and the Surgeon General's warnings on cigarette packs.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    What gives Mad Men its zing is that play is part of work, sexual banter isn't yet harassment, and America is free of self-doubt, guilt, and countercultural confusion.