• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2013
Season #: 1, 2
6.5

1. Oct 1, 2013
    Love it. It had action, lots of new ideas, and references to the marvel universe. The characters are pretty well defined and I think the nerd duo will work well after a while, but my favorite was the Black Ops guy. I hope the hawk shows up in the show, because he is one of my favorite agents. Every pilot has some bugs, but this one was one of the better pilots I've seen for a show.
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    Thought this was going to be a great show, but it's pretty terrible. Pilot wasn't any good and I tried to watch two more episodes to give it a fair chance, but it's just terrible.
  3. Oct 15, 2013
    I had high hopes, but no, this is garbage. And annoying garbage at that. Outside of Coulson and um, sometimes that May woman, the characters on this show are horribly written and acted. And they are not half as interesting, cool, or quick-witted as they think they are. If they wanted to save this show, which I predict will last this season and plummet the next, in my opinion they needI had high hopes, but no, this is garbage. And annoying garbage at that. Outside of Coulson and um, sometimes that May woman, the characters on this show are horribly written and acted. And they are not half as interesting, cool, or quick-witted as they think they are. If they wanted to save this show, which I predict will last this season and plummet the next, in my opinion they need to kill off the team except Coulson, and reboot with characters that have more life than a corpse and are not as egotistical as a teenager. Seriously though, why if this was such a top secret project, did they recruit a bunch of 14 year olds who look as if they're in the middle of a growth spurt? And they act like 14 year olds too! Honestly, I keep waiting for the episode where they study for their SATs. Ugh, my head hurts thinking how disappointing this whole thing is, can't watch anymore. Also, scale the writing back, not everything needs to be a pun, or quippy, I feel like I'm watching an episode of Sex and the City. Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I waited with review to second episode, and well...
    Scenario is so stupid, i cant watch more than 5 min per session. Every armed man must run without shoot into our agents, bandits have superuper-pistols they can shoot off pyramid with. Or at least shake it :D
    i will not give another examples, but this serie is for total idiots no more than 12 years old.
  5. Sep 27, 2013
    One of my favorite fall tv show so far. Such a brilliant show and it just makes sense that Coulson should not die. Clark Gregg will always be apart of the marvel universe, even if he's not the superhero but he is still a hero to people. Chloe Bennet as Skye is funny. Not bad to look at either. Definitely will tune in more of this show.
  6. Sep 29, 2013
    Not that bad, but I get the feeling that this show was conceived as a commercial for Marvel and not much else. However despite this it feels kinda real and the characters are okay. The factors that drag it down are it's low budget and the fact that it does not know if it wants to be a funny family movie or a serious action/adventure movie.
  7. Dec 18, 2013
    I couldn't make it through the first episode. It's a shame because there is NOTHING on this time slot worth watching. I just turn off the tv until The Goldbergs come on after.
  8. Feb 8, 2014
    The show is engaging and taking real time to develop new characters. There are plots and twists around every bend as is pretty typical of a Joss Whedon vehicle. Currently, they've really tightened up the story arc while not laying all the cards on the table. I love Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and eagerly wait for Tuesdays, despairing of the long breaks between critical episodes.The show is engaging and taking real time to develop new characters. There are plots and twists around every bend as is pretty typical of a Joss Whedon vehicle. Currently, they've really tightened up the story arc while not laying all the cards on the table. I love Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and eagerly wait for Tuesdays, despairing of the long breaks between critical episodes.

Those folks who want more superheroes obviously can't read a synopsis since this show is about the regular people who exist in the background as personified by Agent Coulson. It's taken time for me to grow to love all the team, but I have and I don't miss the Avengers one bit. I wanted a show about the behind the scenes, about the lives of agents, and that's what we're getting.
  9. Oct 14, 2013
    This show gets more disappointing with every episode. My take let's say you give Avengers 100 out of 100. This show is just like the Avengers oh but with a bunch of dimwit gen-y actors (-15 points) minus the budget (-15) minus the script (-10), minus a plot (-20). And even making Clark Gregg into a douche (-20!). 100 80 20 out of 100 yeah, that's about right....
  10. Sep 25, 2013
    I have to say i expected more i have nothing to say...everything about the pilot is average, i really expect the show get better with time, i like the mistery of Agent Coulson, where he was?, what happened to him?
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    Aside from having the Marvel name attached to it, There is nothing special about this show. The acting is average, The plot is very generic, and it fails to keep you entertained or interested. Would not recommend.
  12. Oct 13, 2013
    Really boring show. I´m a big Whedon & Marvel´s fan but this series make me yawn. I miss a black character here, not just only a small stellar appearance of mr. Jackson. The two scientist... I know they´re trying the Xander-Willow rol stuff here, but c´mon, I think with one of these guys is enough. The McGuffins used until now are mediocre. An hydra laser?? Please... I´m stuck with theReally boring show. I´m a big Whedon & Marvel´s fan but this series make me yawn. I miss a black character here, not just only a small stellar appearance of mr. Jackson. The two scientist... I know they´re trying the Xander-Willow rol stuff here, but c´mon, I think with one of these guys is enough. The McGuffins used until now are mediocre. An hydra laser?? Please... I´m stuck with the third episode, I stopped two days ago to go to the bathroom and... well... I dont really care what happens next so I left to see the season three of Teen Wolf, the worthy successor of a Joss Whedon tv show. So this is Agents of Shield, really flat characters and mediocre plots. I don´t expect the show goes better so i´ll stop watching this by now. Sorry if i had spelling mistakes, i haven´t written on english in a long time Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2013
    When there's nary a negative critic review to be found and a significant number of people who really dislike the show, it's a pretty fair indicator that critic reviews are bought and paid for.
  14. Dec 27, 2013
    So Agent Coulson's day job is palling around with a Scooby gang of inexperienced twenty somethings? Seriously? After building up the Marvel universe to an epic scale in the movies, they've diminished the hell out of it with this series. We could've maybe had an ACTUAL Whedon series instead of this thing. With actual characters, humor and edge. But idiots would rather watch this blandSo Agent Coulson's day job is palling around with a Scooby gang of inexperienced twenty somethings? Seriously? After building up the Marvel universe to an epic scale in the movies, they've diminished the hell out of it with this series. We could've maybe had an ACTUAL Whedon series instead of this thing. With actual characters, humor and edge. But idiots would rather watch this bland crap than Firefly, Angel, or-- pick your own Whedon IP that ended before its time. They were all better.
    This is why we can't have nice things.
  15. Oct 14, 2013
    Stereotypical characters (stoic squared-jawed hero, geeky english tech people, improbably hot hacker babe with a past, etc), predcitable plots, cheesy dialogue. A handful of high-school kids flying around in their special plane. Loads of tech and resources available to them but every mission ends up with the same few people having to do all the work (even the boss gets roped in). Loads ofStereotypical characters (stoic squared-jawed hero, geeky english tech people, improbably hot hacker babe with a past, etc), predcitable plots, cheesy dialogue. A handful of high-school kids flying around in their special plane. Loads of tech and resources available to them but every mission ends up with the same few people having to do all the work (even the boss gets roped in). Loads of references to events that took place in the Avengers assemble film, and every time it gets talked about by the characters you'd rather just be watching the film again.

No super-heroes anywhere.
  16. Dec 10, 2013
    The pilot was exciting, fun, and really got me interested. I'm a fan of Marvel comics, Marvel movies, and good TV. Unfortunately after the pilot this stopped being good TV. There are moments of goodness, but they are very few and far between. Meanwhile the actors seem hand-selected purely on looks (I like the scientists the soldiers are about as boring as they come). There areThe pilot was exciting, fun, and really got me interested. I'm a fan of Marvel comics, Marvel movies, and good TV. Unfortunately after the pilot this stopped being good TV. There are moments of goodness, but they are very few and far between. Meanwhile the actors seem hand-selected purely on looks (I like the scientists the soldiers are about as boring as they come). There are allusions to superheroics going on elsewhere, but the audience is never really let in on it they are merely tie-ins to movies. Which leaves a sub-par spy show with average-at-best special effects and action sequences, barely passable dialogue, and mediocre acting. There's very little investment in character, and although the show never strives to take itself seriously, its balancing act between comedy and action is a bit tenuous. I actually stopped watching after the fifth show, which is saying a lot given my Marvel/superhero fanboy status. This show isn't terrible, but it's not very good, and given how much it must cost to produce, I don't see it lasting beyond a season, two tops. Expand
  17. Feb 17, 2014
    Probably one of the worst pilots since i bothered to sit down and watch Future Diary, 3/10 **** **** id recommend watching another tv show Superhero related for example the Arrow, better characters and a deeper story line
  18. Feb 4, 2014
    It started out a little weak but more than made up for it in later episodes. Plot is gripping with plot twists in every episode. Characters early in the season were a bit weak, but have grown on me since. And the humor helps lighten the mood. All around one of the best TV shows I've seen.
  19. Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really hope that the pilot episode is not a sign of things to come. I found it relied too heavily on links to the Marvel Phase One group of movies via references and even plot elements like Extremis (personally I did not want to be so blatantly reminded of Iron Man 3). I did not like the computer hacker character Skye very much, as she seems to be a Mary Sue, although that could be remedied with character development and better writing down the road, so I'm not going to write her off just yet. The character played by J. August Richards, an out-of-work factory worker and single father, unfairly fired by his greedy, evil employers could not have had a more trite background if they'd tried to give him one; he ends up being an angry black man (never a good cliche) who signs up to be a guinea pig for medical experiments being conducted by some shadowy organization (probably A.I.M. or maybe Hydra), whose anger threatens to cause him to explode... literally. There's definitely room for improvement, and I hope this show does. It has the potential to remind fans of the better Marvel superhero movies rather than the middling ones (like Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor). Expand
  20. Oct 7, 2013
    After watch the first episode I'm split opinion.
    Visually and technically, you can not complain but the actors are poorly chosen.
    They show a good performance but you will not have access to the people. They all lead to superficial and are treated just uninteresting. the figure a Walter White from "Breaking Bad" or Clark Kent from "Smallville" were much better reception.
  21. Nov 11, 2013
    I have to say I am disappointed. I love the Avengers line of Marvel movies and about everything Joss Whedon has done, but this is crap. I have watched five episodes and each is more boring than the last. The acting is... bad, very bad... terrible. I hope I really hope this show doesn't make it past 12 episodes because if it makes it past firefly I will not be happy.
  22. Oct 22, 2013
    This show would have greatly benefited from taking place before the events of the first Iron Man movie. Then you wouldn't have to explain how Coulson survived Loki killing him in The Avengers, and could have served as an origin story for how S.H.I.E.L.D. came to be, or at least how Coulson came to join them. As it stands, it's pretty awful. Coulson was comic relief in the movies, andThis show would have greatly benefited from taking place before the events of the first Iron Man movie. Then you wouldn't have to explain how Coulson survived Loki killing him in The Avengers, and could have served as an origin story for how S.H.I.E.L.D. came to be, or at least how Coulson came to join them. As it stands, it's pretty awful. Coulson was comic relief in the movies, and that served a good purpose, but that can't carry an hour-long series. The show lost me from the beginning, when I was asked to believe an incredibly beautiful woman lives in her van. It suffer from the "Lost" syndrome of having everybody on it being unbelievably attractive. It's a distraction. I'm not sure who the audience is supposed to be. Are they aiming for kids? Because it's just too silly for anyone above a certain age to be able to take it seriously. Expand
  23. Nov 10, 2013
    The only thing worse than the boring story line is the sub-par acting from most of the cast. Picking up dog in the yard is more exciting than this show so far.
  24. Nov 13, 2013
    Another sad example of lazy writers that rely on soap opera angst and "kids are smarter than adults" in their attempt to hold the interest of a late prime-time demographic.

Should be a smash on Saturday morning.

Only good thing about this show is the cut Stan Lee gets (while holding his nose).
  25. Nov 14, 2013
    The show is watchable but really this is below expectations by far. The cast is okay though I would say it is not their performance but writing and story which is fairly poor.
  26. Nov 19, 2013
    I had such high hopes for this show, but all it does is disappoint. Coulson is interesting enough, but the rest of the cast is terribly bland and obnoxious, and everything they do feels boring and inconsequential. It feels like Marvel crossed with NCIS, but minus all the cool fight scenes or any of the great super heroes that make Marvel... Marvel. SHIELD in the comics rely on superI had such high hopes for this show, but all it does is disappoint. Coulson is interesting enough, but the rest of the cast is terribly bland and obnoxious, and everything they do feels boring and inconsequential. It feels like Marvel crossed with NCIS, but minus all the cool fight scenes or any of the great super heroes that make Marvel... Marvel. SHIELD in the comics rely on super heroes, even if they are their own organization, and this just showed how strained the story is when you replace rich, fleshed out characters with bland stereotypes without any real, multifaceted personalities. Expand
  27. Nov 28, 2013
    The series has a great potential which has been not unveiled yet.
    I think the story and the dialogs should be more lively and less theatrical.
    Also the action and the storyline should be more intense and complex.
    Seems like I am watching a teen series. Please Mr Whedon, make the series more like Firefly and less like Buffy!
  28. Dec 13, 2013
    Horribly boring characters, made worse by wooden actors from Clark Gregg down to Brett Dalton. It's really disappointing that ABC/Marvel think they can slap their name on a mediocre product and expect people to stick around. The direction is laughable; poor lighting, unimaginative action sets and general laziness set this series back. From pilot to midseason finale, the writers have givenHorribly boring characters, made worse by wooden actors from Clark Gregg down to Brett Dalton. It's really disappointing that ABC/Marvel think they can slap their name on a mediocre product and expect people to stick around. The direction is laughable; poor lighting, unimaginative action sets and general laziness set this series back. From pilot to midseason finale, the writers have given little reason to care about any of these characters. Skye is a bad joke of archetypes the hot rebel hacker that bangs marks by day, cute sad orphan girl by night. Giving characters like Coulson, May and Ward "dark pasts" doesn't inherently make them interesting... you still have to work to build their characters and explore what's beneath the surface. There is none of that. Gregg is simply a poor actor and it is abundantly clear that Marvel wanted to tap into the success of the Avengers by resurrecting its least important character and trying to build a show around him. Expand
  29. Dec 22, 2013
    Add in mentions of Marvel's beloved world into your typical weekly TV show, and you have a gist of what this series is like. While not exactly cerebral or witty, it's alright for your background entertainment you don't really need to pay attention to know what happened/will happen. I just feel a bit disappointed that what could have potentially been a very interesting perspective of thisAdd in mentions of Marvel's beloved world into your typical weekly TV show, and you have a gist of what this series is like. While not exactly cerebral or witty, it's alright for your background entertainment you don't really need to pay attention to know what happened/will happen. I just feel a bit disappointed that what could have potentially been a very interesting perspective of this universe has turned into yet another flat storyline I'm someone in between the general categories of fanboy and casual viewer, but sentiment garnered from this franchise's predecessing flicks can only stretch so far, and the more I watch, the thinner the veneer of interest in this particular addendum to the franchise. Expand
  30. Mar 19, 2014
    I was really enjoying the entire series but now after watching "Yes Men", I am going to have to stop. Why do the producers of this show have to bring in a highly suggestive torrid sex scene to the show. You really don't need it and all you are doing is alienating families and their children from watching the show.
    God forbid that marvel starts incorporating this crap into their movies
    God forbid that marvel starts incorporating this crap into their movies as well. I just don't understand why Marvel feels the need to bring this particular genre into their shows all of a sudden !
  31. May 11, 2014
    I love this show because it is FUN: Action, suspense, relationship development, clever writing, humor, lovable and engaging characters. Greatly amusing from the very start. I can't wait to see it every week!
  32. Jun 9, 2014
    Set in the Marvel universe, Agents of SHIELD is a fun science-fiction spy series featuring plenty of likeable and interesting characters. Chloe Bennet's Skye in particular is a engaging character, as is Coulson; both who have a great sense of mystery centered around them. Another character that shines is Elizabeth Henstridge's Simmons; a geeky scientist who either has met the Doctor fromSet in the Marvel universe, Agents of SHIELD is a fun science-fiction spy series featuring plenty of likeable and interesting characters. Chloe Bennet's Skye in particular is a engaging character, as is Coulson; both who have a great sense of mystery centered around them. Another character that shines is Elizabeth Henstridge's Simmons; a geeky scientist who either has met the Doctor from Doctor Who or is a Whovian.

The writing is strong throughout, which is hardly surprising judging by The Avengers. Everything about the show, in fact, is strong. Apart from one thing: Lola.

Coulson's flying car is rarely used and comes across as a wasted plot device. What's the point in it being there if it serves little purpose in the series? It's largely unnecessary and should either be used more or dropped from the show.
  33. Nov 14, 2014
    At first i was really excited to begin watching this show, but it has been nothing but a big disappointment for me. what a bunch of bull****. Two thumbs way down, lol. The writers and producers of this show deserve to be fired.
  34. Oct 2, 2014
    The first few episodes made me want to give this series a lower score. The actors are pretty decent, but it seems as though the writers of the show were continually struggling to find something interesting to bring to the audience. As the end result, they seemed to pull a lot of cliched ideas, and tossed in some cameos when it didn't seem all that appropriate. Don't get me wrong though,The first few episodes made me want to give this series a lower score. The actors are pretty decent, but it seems as though the writers of the show were continually struggling to find something interesting to bring to the audience. As the end result, they seemed to pull a lot of cliched ideas, and tossed in some cameos when it didn't seem all that appropriate. Don't get me wrong though, its not as though the first few episodes were bad (heck, I found them plenty more interesting than the Walking Dead series), but they were certainly far from standing up to the big marvel movies.

The second half of the season made me increase the score. The episodes were deep with story and plot, blended fairly well with the movies, jammed packed with action, and the characters developed further. It kept my interest, and allowed me to be continue watching.

I think a lot of the disappointment that comes with the show is that it is a shadow of what the movies are. The show isn't really about superheroes. It's about ordinary people (granted, with some high tech gadgets) living in a world of superheroes. This makes story writing a challenge, and would probably explain why the first few episodes seemed a bit bland. Yeah, there are a lot of cheesy parts in the series, but there are also a lot of wittier parts as well with some well thought out ideas.

Oh and Phil Coulson has to be the most badass smiley guy in a suit in television/movie history. The show isn't for everyone, but I think it's entertaining enough if you give it the chance.
  35. Sep 23, 2014
    After a full season, I believed I had given Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D enough of a chance. I am a fan of the comics and the movies, but Marvel let me down on this show. After watching the new season's premier, I can say for sure that I'm not sold on it and will stop watching. The DC shows are looking to be building up to more. My primary complaints on SHIELD are the poor acting, the slow story,After a full season, I believed I had given Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D enough of a chance. I am a fan of the comics and the movies, but Marvel let me down on this show. After watching the new season's premier, I can say for sure that I'm not sold on it and will stop watching. The DC shows are looking to be building up to more. My primary complaints on SHIELD are the poor acting, the slow story, the editing and just the script in general. It's underwhelming, especially when compared to the Marvel film universe. I like how they tied the plot into Captain America 2 a bit. Expand
  36. May 17, 2014
    This show is a cheap way to capitalize on The Avengers. All the positive reviews came after the pilot, which I'll admit was pretty good, but the show slowly got worse and worse until it ended up being like Lost, too drawn out and boring, and I'm just talking about season 1.
  37. Nov 16, 2014
    The first season lacked quite a bit when the show started out but it was still quite good and had the classic Whedon feel to it and is better than most people give it credit for. Thankfully the second season doesn't need me to defend it because that's where the show proves to everyone it knows what it's doing and does a great job in making the show one of Whedon's best.
  38. Nov 30, 2013
    An enjoyable show but so far it seems too procedural to me. If you're missing an episode usually you don't miss much. Sure there are signs that there's something bigger going on but most episodes don't relate to that storyline. If Agents of Shield wants to keep its ratings on a decent level then I think it needs to rely less on standalone-episodes. There would be a lot potential here. AndAn enjoyable show but so far it seems too procedural to me. If you're missing an episode usually you don't miss much. Sure there are signs that there's something bigger going on but most episodes don't relate to that storyline. If Agents of Shield wants to keep its ratings on a decent level then I think it needs to rely less on standalone-episodes. There would be a lot potential here. And maybe put conflicts between the main characters more in the center. Expand
  39. Jun 10, 2014
    Horrible writing, nearly at the point of being unwatchable. This is the primary reason why I have kept away from watching shows on major cable networks. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is a lackluster mess.
  40. Nov 25, 2013
    A good show. But it has some missteps. And that's coming from a guy who has only seen 3 episodes. I didn't see the first 6 or so. I'll catch up later.
  41. Nov 20, 2013
    The GOOD: a very likable cast. The BAD: the writing is very lame.

The GOOD: a very likable cast. The BAD: the writing is very lame.

Imagine taking an ensemble drama loaded with quirky characters, in the style of, say, STAR TREK: TNG or NCIS, and then remove all interesting elements. Then make each episode have the exact same storyline as all the others. Do all this and you'll have "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". But there is one thing to greatly appreciate: Clark Gregg and his fellow actors are making the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents feel like family, a quality reminiscent of Marvel's classic comics from the 1960's thru '80's, where the Fantastic Four is a nuclear family, the X-Men an extended family, and the Avengers that exclusive clique you always wanted to join in high school (not to mention Peter Parker, the amazing Spider-Man, who's either your best pal or soul mate). But, in the comic books, characters were always interacting with the real world, with substantial human drama occurring in the background. Our S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, perhaps by the nature of their jobs, are too isolated. There's no reason why TV viewers would relate to these characters or even find them sympathetic. Even S.H.I.E.L.D 's mission doesn't seem clear. Why should I care what the agents do? Worse, the scripts have no originality. I expected writing inspired by the best travel blogs, science fiction and social observations. I wanted a blend of genres, and a wit with good eyes for style and detail. But the cinematography greatly disappoints. It's all action, punching and fighting. I never feel transported to any new and magical world. And there is never any sense of rediscovery. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." ultimately seems a marketing ploy meant to sell movies and toys, with not much thought put into the crafting of an art.

(But don't claim this is a show written with children in mind. There are boudoir-type elements that should have any parent reaching for the OFF switch!)

Eight episodes in and I'm bored. S.H.I.E.L.D. is now removed from my DVR list. Since I haven't seen any of the big Marvel blockbuster movies during the past 20 years, perhaps my judgment shouldn't influence others. I'm hoping some people will remain faithful to this show and become greatly rewarded for their patience. But I'm certain Marvel fans deserve far better (as do Gregg and company). Hire some talented writers, camera people and set designers!
  42. Apr 20, 2014
    Pure mediocrity. It doesn't have the cleverness that it would if Joss Whedon were involved in it rather than just overseeing it. Coulson continues to be what one would expect from the movie, but the light-skinned and somber supporting cast are largely a set of wasted opportunities, save for breakout star Chloe Benet. She has a sort of Starbuck quality (for Battlestar Galactica fans) wherePure mediocrity. It doesn't have the cleverness that it would if Joss Whedon were involved in it rather than just overseeing it. Coulson continues to be what one would expect from the movie, but the light-skinned and somber supporting cast are largely a set of wasted opportunities, save for breakout star Chloe Benet. She has a sort of Starbuck quality (for Battlestar Galactica fans) where her character is unlikable, yet relatable and demanding of attention. She also has approximately the ideal female body, which sure helps the show's boring moments go over.

It's inherent to the show that they can't use the really big stars from the numerous Marvel movies, but the plots they've come up with thusfar aren't entertaining. SHIELD is a boring organization that seems obsessed with shooting itself in the foot, while the bad guys are occasionally more interesting but aren't really bad enough. Coulson's dubious resurrection storyline doesn't generate much intrigue. The frequent technology gags often fall flat.

The production values just can't compete with feature films. The high point is the music by Bear McCreary, with an endearing theme and better big orchestral cues than many of the features.

I keep watching it thinking it'll go somewhere, but that seems less and less likely. The show did take a new direction with the release of the Captain America movie, having added a new layer of intrigue and deception, but the problem is that all the stuff above is still true. The characters still aren't that interesting and the show hasn't come together as a whole. Not moving the rating.
  43. Aug 4, 2014
    A fun Action packed marvel tv show that balances action humor and drama. Agents of Sheild is not perfect but it is a fun watchable TV show.

my ratting 7.2/10
  44. Aug 12, 2014
    I feel very sad for Joss Whedon, who seems now to care more about buying a few more villas in the south of France than leaving a legacy of good shows. The series is so riddled with clichés and tropes that it looks like a 1990's twin brother of The New Adventures of Superman. The plot is extremely predictable. Episode three: Oh I'm a hacker working for SHIELD, but in this episode I pretendI feel very sad for Joss Whedon, who seems now to care more about buying a few more villas in the south of France than leaving a legacy of good shows. The series is so riddled with clichés and tropes that it looks like a 1990's twin brother of The New Adventures of Superman. The plot is extremely predictable. Episode three: Oh I'm a hacker working for SHIELD, but in this episode I pretend that I am back to my rebellious past for the bad guy and the audience. Oh lol 5 minutes after I reveal that I didnt change after all and I was just luring the bad guy! And it goes on for the rest of the season... The underpinning ideology is quite horrifying: I'm an Anonymous member who turns cloak to work for the NSA, because they are a FAMILY! Common, these NSA guys only want to do good after all, they're nice people deep down and just want to protect you by hiding things and possibly killing people.
    After a bland plot, blend characters. Couldn't they find better actors? I dont know how these guys got their job but it surely wasn't through auditions. The two-headed scientist team is quite a good comic relief, they are very smart scientists so obviously they have British accents. I like British accents. The big boy action man is a bland as.. well I cant find an analogy. And the hacker girl, oh my.. I can tell you that hackers very rarely takes their time every morning to straighten their hair, buy top of fashion clothes every month, or try to be a clone of Jessica Alba. The whole cast is actually so well dressed and so attractive that it seems they were being shot for the new Vogue and ended up on the wrong set. Seems like being a secret agent in this universe requires perfect facial traits, and a heightened sense of fashion.
    Bland scenario, bland actors, cringy clichés, this is almost an insult to the self-conscious viewer and the Joss Whedon fan in particular.The only remains of the Whedon spirit are witty jokes here and there. Waste your time with it only if you're home with the flu and want to watch a cheesy show.
  45. Sep 26, 2014
    I will let the rating speak for itself.I will let the rating speak for itself. AWESOME! Expand
  46. Tui
    Dec 29, 2014
    Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is a captivating series, engulfing viewers in a flux of intricate plots and subplots. This excellent TV Show allows us glimpses into the obscurities of S.H.I.E.L.D and provides light to some major questions of its workings. A must watch for comic book fans and anybody else looking for good TV.
  47. Feb 7, 2015
    I think the 1st season got really good around the end, but at the beginning it was just OK. I personally liked all of the episodes, but did felt like some of them were either pointless or a bit boring. However, when watching a show like "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", you shouldn't try and compare it to the Marvel Cinematic Universe films. If you do, this show is inferior, by far. Just remember,I think the 1st season got really good around the end, but at the beginning it was just OK. I personally liked all of the episodes, but did felt like some of them were either pointless or a bit boring. However, when watching a show like "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", you shouldn't try and compare it to the Marvel Cinematic Universe films. If you do, this show is inferior, by far. Just remember, this series is about agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., not superheroes. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gregg has a deadpan ease that makes the engine purr. And his team is good-looking and stamped with just enough personality and humor: Without killing the fun, they ground the show. [14 Oct 2013, p.43]
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Greenfield
    Oct 3, 2013
    The show has a sound concept.... But the script, by Joss, Jed and Tancharoen, with Joss directing, is a mite too pleased with itself.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Sep 26, 2013
    There’s actually not a single weak link in the cast. The weakness of the premiere comes down to plotting. There’s a slightly melodramatic arc involving a commentary on the current economic state of the country.