• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 7, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.6

1. Oct 12, 2010
    Great show! all three guys stand out, especially Ramano, who makes a triumphant return to television. The direction is great, and though the middle-aged theme of Men of a Certain age has been done before you get the sense that it refuses to let the show drift off into pittyville.
  2. Nov 3, 2010
    Excellent cast. Pretty much the show runs on the shoulders of these great men that play their roles perfectly. The story and roles fits them as best as they could fit an actor. Can't wait for season 2.
  3. Nov 12, 2010
    I love this show! I think there is a moral to the story to every episode and the acting is brilliant to the point that is executed of regular ordinary guys in their own unique situations of life. I am glad season 2 is coming out and I am excited. I really hope that this is one of those series that will have about 10 seasons in the future or at least 8? I was disappointed when theyI love this show! I think there is a moral to the story to every episode and the acting is brilliant to the point that is executed of regular ordinary guys in their own unique situations of life. I am glad season 2 is coming out and I am excited. I really hope that this is one of those series that will have about 10 seasons in the future or at least 8? I was disappointed when they ended Kyle XY, Sliders, Dark Angel to name a few of my favorite episodes (cancelled) but I hope that Men of a Certain Age is not going to be one of them and is here to stay for the next several years. I also watch this show because of Ray ROmano because I am used to him from everybody loves raymond. Expand
  4. Feb 11, 2011
    After the first season, I would have given this a 9, but more recently the show has begun to disappoint. Would like to see more stories involving how divorce affects the children. They are softening the Scott Bakula character up from the womanizing cad he started out as. They just have to get him into a pat, contrived romance like any other boring show. Also, I could do without the dinerAfter the first season, I would have given this a 9, but more recently the show has begun to disappoint. Would like to see more stories involving how divorce affects the children. They are softening the Scott Bakula character up from the womanizing cad he started out as. They just have to get him into a pat, contrived romance like any other boring show. Also, I could do without the diner scenes which inevitably feature Andre Brougher talking with his mouth full. This show no longer interests me as it once did. Expand
  5. Jan 13, 2011
    Thumbs up from Sweden cuz I just love this clever show with it's brilliant actors!
    I've just turned 25 now but Ray Romano has been making me laugh since ELR, which in my opinion is the best sitcom ever made. I hope this show continues from many seasons to come.
  6. May 19, 2011
    Have just watched most of the 2nd season episodes. I liked the first season and the 2nd season is better. They've improved the dramatic pacing. But it's Ray Romano's acting which makes this show a must see. I can't think of another actor who realizes their role in such a natural, "non-actor-ly" way. I suspect that Romano never thought of himself as an actor until his sitcom, and in theHave just watched most of the 2nd season episodes. I liked the first season and the 2nd season is better. They've improved the dramatic pacing. But it's Ray Romano's acting which makes this show a must see. I can't think of another actor who realizes their role in such a natural, "non-actor-ly" way. I suspect that Romano never thought of himself as an actor until his sitcom, and in the best of ways, this is the result. I'm familiar with the world of recovering gambling addicts, and Romano's Joe feels as real to me as anyone I've met. He is just terrific and deserving of the highest accolades (which I'm sure he'll never get.) Expand
  7. Apr 12, 2014
    As a man in my late 20s I can still relate to a show about men in their late 40s. This is a quality dramedy that feels very sincere every episode. The characters are very well acted and I enjoyed it until the end.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    It's a midlife triumph, a series that takes a well-worn theme and makes it unpredictable, freshly funny, and sometimes moving.
  2. Those who gravitate to this engaging show will be rewarded with the kind of substantial, thoughtful fare more often reserved for theater audiences. Plus, there are outstanding performances.
  3. Although Romano is the keystone of the group, it is very much an ensemble drama buoyed by writing that protects the characters from the perils of self-pity and self-indulgence with quick and gentle humor and plot points that capture the forces a middle-aged, middle-class man might actually battle.