Mercy : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
6.4

Sep 23, 2009
    This has to be one of the worst shows I have ever seen. Boring, predictable, poorly written, stiffly acted, treating alcoholism and cancer as jokes... So bad.
  2. RachelF.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Horrible! Nothing redeeming to say about it.
  3. JohnM.
    Sep 30, 2009
    Terrible show. Unbelievably boring.
  4. RebekahM.
    Oct 16, 2009
    lame series, I don't think they consulted anyone who actually has every worked in a hospital or seen one, I can't tell if these ladies work on a unit or in the ER??? stupid story lines as well, the medical issues are sappy. nothing intelligent or worthwhile. I feel embarrassed as an RN as I feel this represents us poorly.
  5. BrianS
    Nov 4, 2009
    Very, very interesting... For most of my life, as a teenager, my mom was a ER fanatic- watching the series, getting the whole family to watch it, etc. I know what ER did and I know what other hospital dramas were like because I also sen episodes from Grey's Anatomy and House. I, included my mother was devastated when ER was ending, my mother was excited when an ER replacement was all Very, very interesting... For most of my life, as a teenager, my mom was a ER fanatic- watching the series, getting the whole family to watch it, etc. I know what ER did and I know what other hospital dramas were like because I also sen episodes from Grey's Anatomy and House. I, included my mother was devastated when ER was ending, my mother was excited when an ER replacement was all the buzz in the news about NBC. (She also is a major fan of Law and Order SVU). I missed about half of the pilot for mercy (I don't have much respect for that show, so I have little care over proper punctuation), but I asked my mom for plot details and looked up and read plenty of reviews of this show, and it seems, like a heaping pile of filler-show. I guessed the missed plot details correctly. From the fragmented dialogue and plot, the stereotypes of all male doctors, all female (included the exception of the only gay guy whom acts like a women, so you can count the man as a female), too much drama over little things, and the patients also being stereotyped. If NBC thought we, the viewers of the USA, will eat such trash like the lies of the Inner Party in George Orwell's "1984", they should think again. Never eat trash- its bad for the soul and you'll loose your ability to think. Expand
  6. LindaS
    Nov 6, 2009
    I watched a few Mercy shows, but simply can not get into it. The show is too much like a night time soap opera centered around the lives of the main hospital characters. Plus the characters are not believable. Good characters make the show. I thought it would be more drama filled with actual hospital cases and how they are resolved. If this one returns next season I will be surprised.
  7. KeishaB
    Dec 17, 2009
    Horrible acting, horrible dialogue, horrible story line. Overdone Nurse drama, already done in Hawthorne and Nurse Jackie and the latter beats the pants off the other two several times a day. Mercy and Hawthorne are basically tantamount to the clones in Michael Keaton's multiplicity with each successive one getting stupider. I keep trying to watch it to see the spark that Horrible acting, horrible dialogue, horrible story line. Overdone Nurse drama, already done in Hawthorne and Nurse Jackie and the latter beats the pants off the other two several times a day. Mercy and Hawthorne are basically tantamount to the clones in Michael Keaton's multiplicity with each successive one getting stupider. I keep trying to watch it to see the spark that other's rave about, but come away feeling the same. Just Horrible. Expand
  8. LizJ
    Jan 3, 2010
    This was the worst TV show I have ever seen other than "Cop Rock" from the 80's. A terrible way to discredit healthcare professionals, and Army nurses, who work so hard to gain respect!!! What a waste of an hour. Who is going to give me back the hour of my life I wasted on that crap of a show?!?!?!
  9. AdrianaR
    Jan 6, 2010
    This show is terrible. A "Grey's Anatomy" wannabe. It's ridiculous!

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    There's no reason to pile on here, but this show needed many more months of gestation before getting thrown to the wolves.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Grading on a curve amid TV's viral nurse outbreak, the series proves more engaging than "Hawthorne" and less dour than "Nurse Jackie." Initially, though, it just doesn't quite possess the requisite spark that would leave people begging for Mercy.
  3. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    Ultimately, despite an attempt to raw up the scene with topical war references, Mercy ends up being just another hospital soap opera that audiences have seen, and seen done better.