• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
6.1

1. Sep 21, 2010
    I thought the show was great and has potential to be a big hit if they stick with it. I'm not sure if the other reviewer even watched the show, it just sounds like he has issues with fat people and only saw promos for it. If he actually watched it, he would have seen that the show is about 2 large people who acknowledge that they have weight issues and are actively trying to change their lifestyle for the better. I don't see the problem in that as that is probably many peoples reality. The character chemistry seems genuine for the most part, though Molly's sister & mother are kind of simple and predictable, but the show is young so there's always room to improve. The writing is pretty quick and amusing and since the show starts with them just getting to know each other, there is plenty of story to be told throughout the shows life span. Overall I thought it was a charming & funny show with big (hah) potential. Expand
  2. Nov 27, 2010
    As a follower of CBS' Monday Night Line up, I was pleased to catch this show. I think that characters have several directions to go. The one-liners are great and even the supporting cast have a great presence. I am looking forward to more episodes to watch them grow.
  3. Sep 22, 2010
    This show was awful. It was poorly written, poorly acted and poorly conceived. CBS panders to the lowest common denominator of the American public. I'm not saying that television networks shouldn't cater to their audience, but CBS is all to willing to sacrifice quality so it can appeal to the most amount of people.
    TV and the cinema are like our ambassadors to the rest of the civilized
    world. If you go to another country and ask the average viewer of American television what they think Americans are actually like, you will find that most of them believe that all the women are beautiful and in control while the men are lazy, stupid and sometimes fat. The reason for this perception is garbage that is on TV now.
    I get it, the networks are scared because they have less viewers now due to the internet and a myriad of other forms of entertainment. But if they keep dumbing down TV, people will become what they see. Don't watch Mike and Molly.
  4. Oct 17, 2010
    Melissa McCarthy's talent is squandered here by writing that is simply not funny. Her talents (so well displayed on "Gilmore Girls" and "Samantha Who?") are deserving of something much better than this.
  5. Oct 4, 2011
    Based on my admiration for Melissa McCarthy I decided to check out the first season, and no. Couldn't make it through a single episode. there may be better ones than the one I started but just no. There's no way I'm using my time for that. In my estimation it's just background noise for people who never turn the television off (typical of the genre). Enjoyed McCarthy in Bridesmaids and the most recent SNL. Hopefully they'll revamp the show to feature her doing something that allows her to work closer to level ten than at the muted level two she's coasting at. 3/10 Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2011
    Everyone in our family LOVES Mike & Molly! It's a big hit here! Love the characters and the scripts. Please keep them coming! We are especially hope more episodes will be added to the 2010-11 seasons and that a full season will be scheduled for next year. This is a great show!
  7. Jun 25, 2011
    A funny, funny show. What a great cast, with individuals that play off the talents of each other so well. I avoided this show all season, but I'm glad that I gave it a chance. Now I'm enjoying "new" episodes of this hilarious comedy all summer long. Another success from the Chuck Lorre stable.
  8. Feb 14, 2012
    This show his hilarious. Every single character in it is great. The stories to each episode are also very entertaining as well. This is how comedy TV show should be done.
  9. Nov 27, 2013
    I have only seen two episodes and I am DRAWN to this magnetic show. Melissa McCarthy's talent is highlighted beautifully and luckily accompanied by a costar and cast that ISN'T in her shadow, like most sitcoms tend to do by pulling all attention to 1 "star", but also great, genuine characters. The two title characters are adorable! They are believable as they acknowledge they have weight issues and have fun of it. I discovered this show when it appeared after another of my favorite shows "How I Met Your Mother" which is also fabulous and has similar comedic writing, and though I at first saw it as yet another sitcom, I couldn't stop watching. Expand
  10. Sep 24, 2010
    Out of all the new crap I've watched this so far this season this one makes the top 10. The two partners played by Billy Gardell and Carl McMillan have been yanked (pretty much intact) from the series "Yes Dear" where they played studio security guards. You'll remember Kim McCarthy from the canceled sitcom "Samantha Who." Like most American sitcoms, the show is driven by one liners but I can live with that as long as the one liners are funny. This show is funny. Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2010
    I have given this show some time before I wrote my review. The pieces are in place to make this a very good show. We now know that Mike & Molly are intimately involved so it's time to move on from there. We need to see more of the other characters and the funny lines that they can deliver. Molly's, dumb but beautiful sister, and her mother, need more to do. And Mike's dour Mom and his partners Grandmother have already shown that they can deliver a knockout punch. The characters need more of an edge than Molly falling in love with your typical dumb man who is absolutely clueless when it comes to the opposite sex. It needs to get going fast or it is not going to make it. Expand
  12. Sep 22, 2010
    I thought that Mike and Molly was very funny, especially Mike, Molly and Mike's partner cop. I look forward to watching more new episodes of this show. It's refreshing because M&M deals with people who are not super thin, like most Hollywood celebrities are now a days. M&M is realistic and represents the average working class people. CBS knows how to create enjoyable comedies.
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I do NOT like fat jokes, and I don't think being obese is a good basis for jokes. So I was most surprised, when I realized, that I actually like this show. The writers smartly avoided the "cheap joke-trap"; they may have made fun, from the awkwardness of being fat, but not in an aggressive, embarrassing way. What really matters, is the simple fact, that this is a cute love story about two likable man. Yes, they are fat, so what? This simple fact may lead to some unusual situation - which creates funny situations. This is a comedy. Loved it. And I recommend it to any open-hearted viewer. Expand
  14. Oct 28, 2010
    The terms "feculent" and "sophomoric" immediately jump to mind. CBS is clearly pandering to a target audience of mentally challenged fifth graders with fetishes for scatological based humor. If jokes about bodily functions are what you find funny, this show should be right up your alley... pun intended. If your I.Q. is above triple digits, run don't walk, to the remote control if this comes on TV. Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2010
    At first I the constant fat jokes irked me, being plus sized myself, but I still found the show funny and sweet. I have noticed the fat jokes have been toned down a lot in the recent episodes, so that's good. I also really love Billy Gardell, even garnering a little bit of a crush on him. What can I say, I like sweet, funny guys with a nice smile.

It's just nice to see a break from the
    fat guy/hot wife sitcoms that have been around for ages, not to say that Melissa McCarthy isn't beautiful, because she is. It's also great that the show is a hit. Maybe the show will help everyone realize that overweight people are just that: people.

I really like the show and am looking forward to see the series progress.
  16. Nov 29, 2010
    I LOVE this show. Mike and Molly is everyday life for anyone. I think some of you writing these reviews shouldn't get a vote because you just don't know what you really are saying. I love heavy people. I am skinny and I run the risk everyday of breaking a bone. I rather be heavy than skinny because I don't care what people think. And neither should any of you out there that may have been offended (that are heavy set). You guys are my hero for the shame put on you because of how you may look. It isn't what is on the outside of the person, it is the inner beauty that means more than any skinny jeans. God Bless. Expand
  17. Dec 1, 2010
    I'm Italian, and thanks to streaming, I can follow this hilarious show, like not much are out now! One of the best comic series ever seen! Actors are great, the plot is different by the other comedy! Good Good Good, hope the network keep this show!
  18. Jan 11, 2011
    Melissa McCarthy is amazing, shes just so sweet... i think this is a cool tv show, just loosen up on the fat jokes, ok, i know this is what the shows about but just... LOOSEN UP.
  19. May 16, 2011
    This was a catastrophe. We get it, they're fat. You don't need to smear it in. All their jokes involve weight, no humour about their situation, just "Ha, you're fat!" And they want a second season of this?
  20. Nov 4, 2012
    Melissa McCarthy and Billy Gardell both have some appeal as actors and deserve a decent vehicle for their talents. This isn't it. There are some really endearing moments between the two of them, and their romance sometimes transcends the sloppy material, but the writing is for the most part abysmal, saturated with overbaked fat jokes and typical sitcom clichés. In an attempt to be edgy and distinguish themselves from the vast body of homogeneous 'family sitcoms,' 'Mike and Molly' also stoops to new lows of unfunny smuttiness, with constant references to people's "Johnsons," "weiners," "sausages," and "junk," not to mention the requisite b**bs, a*ses, b*lls, diarrhea, farts, erectile dyfunction and countless euphemisms for sex (such as "a trip to the boneyard"). While Mike and Molly between them draw some genuine sweetness from a wasteland of material, Swoosie Kurtz is meant for better things. She never says anything that isn't a lame joke, which she delivers in a brassy monotone while gazing innocently into middle distance. This is not dry, sophisticated comedy. It's Lucille Ball Lite. I don't understand why Katy Mixon (as Molly's sister 'Victoria') squeezes her lines out in a contrived baby voice with a faux-Southern twang, and why she hams it up to the point of idiocy. Few of the actors in this laboured show understand the comic power of subtlety. Despite this, it will probably be on the air indefinitely. A lot of people seem to like 'Mike and Molly," presumably the same audience that keeps 'Two and a Half Men' on the air. Collapse
  21. Jun 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. really great humor Reno wilson **pay him anything, just never LET HIM LEAVE :). Billy Gardell /Jackie gleason meets barney miller,, love it . and molly (melissa mcCarthy ) is a spontaneous and beautiful actress not afraid to take on a challenging role of sister to a drug addict (,Katy Mixon who is hilarious as a ditz who sleeps around) while dating a cop , and mom (swoosie Kurtz) is a bit loose , but Swoosie is my top 10 favorite actress ..she's the original desperate housewife (from sisters in the 90's). really talented cast . nyambi nyambi is hilarious and believable how does he play like a waiter when you can tell he's this really bright man with huge talent who can do better film. Rondi Reed freaks me out.. What a character WOW. Expand
  22. Sep 1, 2011
    An overall pleasant show with Katy Mixon, Swoosie Kurtz and Melissa McCarthy (in that order) being the three reasons to actually watch it. For me the least enjoyable part of the show would be Reno Willson. Don't know whether is the lines that he is given or his performance but I would have to say that that is the only thorn I see in the show.
  23. Sep 8, 2011
    A typically unoriginal and unfunny sitcom from the States. The characters are kind of likeable, but not likeable enough that I can forgive the poor script writing.
  24. Apr 5, 2013
    First of all, this show is blatant and insulting pandering to the midwest audience (everyone is fat in Peoria, right?). Second, it is yet another ripoff of The Honeymooners. Ralph Cramden, the dumb but affable blue-collar average joe, has been played by Fred Flintstone, Kevin James, Jim Belushi and others.

Apparently, the creators of this show think a clever twist is to have the wife
    not hot like the others (WIlma Flintstone, Audrey Meadows, Leah Remini, Courtney Thorne-Smith), but also fat. Yeah, amazing idea.

The writing kind of essential for a comedy is just bad But what I find most offensive is that promo shot CBS keeps running with the lead character husband in an old-fashioned cop uniform (could this scream regular guy Ralph Cramden any louder And. "Oh look and my big strong working guy hero husband!!" to pander to the women views). Of course CBS tries to appeal to both women and men by having the husbands' point of view be crude (cliche) and the wife be sweet and smarter (because all husbands on tv are dumb and their wives are smart to appease the idiot viewers who would really like to believe this. This is just like the reverse tv reality where men slobs beg for sex from their hot wives when in our real world all the women are fat and no husbands want to touch them.

Bad tv sitcoms- most of the shows out there now can't be clever, so they just offer alternate reality pandering to the not-so-bright masses.
  25. Jul 20, 2013
    I had watched the first four episodes of this show when I got this season as a gift, I didn't laugh out loud even once. There was one joke that made me chuckle and that joke was from a guest star. This is just awful, its just all fat jokes, just please put this off the air.
  26. Dec 3, 2013
    the first season was magnificent with charismatic characters like Mike's mom, Peggy with his cantankerous ways and his dog Jim with his scary look, is so funny

1. Mike & Molly may not at first seem to offer much (other, that is, than streams of fat jokes), but it boasts a cast with distinctive looks and a capacity to deliver quick comedic jabs that can make you howl. That these come unexpectedly in the midst of endless gross clatter is one of those mysteries of the creative process best not to dwell upon.
    Underneath the crude humor, there's a sweetness and an honesty to the show. The duo's struggle with weight is believable.
    While many of the weight jokes are very funny, there are a few too many of them. Still, what matters most for the show's future health is that it does not define Mike and Molly as "fat." They're nice, normal, relatable people who eat too much and want to eat less.