My Name Is Earl : Season 1

Nov 3, 2006
    Seemingly sadistic.
  2. EricC
    Mar 5, 2007
    I tried to like this show. I really did. I watched the entire first season and the first half of the second, and it really isn't any good at all. Maybe I just enjoyed it at first because it preceded The Office, an insanely brilliant show. All that matters is that I now realize that this show is almost everything I hate in one TV show, with catch phrases and jokes that are used over I tried to like this show. I really did. I watched the entire first season and the first half of the second, and it really isn't any good at all. Maybe I just enjoyed it at first because it preceded The Office, an insanely brilliant show. All that matters is that I now realize that this show is almost everything I hate in one TV show, with catch phrases and jokes that are used over and over again, even though they weren't funny in the first place. And apparently mustached-facial expressions are hilarious to the general public, as that's all Lee ever does. And when it tries to pull off the touchy, grab-a-tissue moments at the end, the kind Scrubs has mastered since its first season, I want to slap each and every person involved in creating this show. Such terrible television.Ugh. Collapse
  3. MagnusH
    Oct 19, 2005
    I've given this show three chances based on everyone's gleeful praise. It really isn't very good. Everyone is over-acting. It has the subtlety of a blow torch and the originality of an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger. The biggest problem is that it just isn't funny. The concept is about as forced of a situation as I can remember since the sit-com began. Drek.
  4. George
    Vile and mean-spirited.
  5. Aaron
    Oct 30, 2006
    Cruel and gratuitious, there is nothing to like about either the show or character. Recommended only for the depressed and self-loathing.
  6. Leah
    Oct 30, 2006
    This show features shoddy production values, objectionable characters, and Jason Silverman. Indeed, there really is *nothing* to like here.
  7. Boman
    May 31, 2007
    I've watched 5 episodes, allured by my friend saying that you get into it eventually. I've never even smiled during a single one. This show is garbage. Go back to Mall Rats, Jason Lee.
  8. jamesd.
    May 17, 2009
    A very poor show. Very dated slapstick with nothing of any value in it. It should never have been made as it is an embarrassment to America and humanity!
  9. StephenZ
    Oct 23, 2005
    Not funny at all.
  10. MargoD.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Same crap every week
  11. DaveH
    Nov 29, 2006
    Lumbering, dull, unfunny, derivative programme starring the insufferable one-note Jason Lee. I dare you to give me a reason to watch another episode.
  12. Apr 23, 2012
    I feel like my IQ is dropping every time I have to watch this show with my fiance. The people are ridiculously stupid and Earl is just simply dumb and unrealistic.

My Name Is Earl is not a stupid sitcom - that is what makes its sexist and homophobic jokes so maddening.
    The NBC sitcom is so unpretentious and original, it will probably win you over on its own sweet merits.
    The casting is for awesome, flat-out too-good-for-TV acting.