My Name Is Earl : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.6

1. Mr.Furley
    Dec 15, 2009
    Very funny show. Love all the guest stars and zany plots. Incomparable. Ralph is one of my favorite characters.
  2. Oct 5, 2011
    Funny. NBC is starting to seem like a better network than ABC, CBS or even Fox. Along with the brilliant take on poverty and makeshift **** they create better characters than that goddamned Two and a Half Men. They're even more memorable than the kid in that show
  3. TenzinD
    Oct 9, 2005
    This is not same old kind of thing, it may not please close minded viewers, but it is perfect for passionately curious mind to start a conversation on concept of karma: where there is a system of law for non physical world.
  4. JoyS
    Oct 11, 2005
    Simply the funniest show I've seen for a loooong while. In fact, this is the only regular network show I even watch (well, until 24 comes back on). Jason Lee (and the whole cast) is absolutely hilarious!
    Oct 18, 2005
    Best 30min of TV on NBC. When they cancel it I'll cry.
  6. HalB
    Nov 9, 2005
    Best TV comedy in years. Very origional and refreshing, funny
  7. MattS
    Oct 21, 2005
    Anyone who finds this show "unfunny" simply must NOT know what "funny" means. My sense of humor rins the gammut from Britcoms to Arrested Development, and for me EARL is the show of the year so far. 5 episodes, 110 minutes of laugh out loud comedy. Pure. Gold.
  8. Jon
    Oct 6, 2005
    Raising Arizona meets Run Ronnie Run!...can the plot last more than 1 or 2 seasons though?
  9. mMitcham
    Oct 9, 2005
    its pretty darn funny. worth a look. maybe the best new comedy to come out this season.
  10. joshe
    Jan 7, 2006
    One of the only sitcoms I can actually say I like, My Name is Earl is actually funny unlike most "comedies" on TV. The casting is well done and the writing is top notch. There are a lot of tasteless moments that are pulled off incredibly well and it is truly a fun experience to watch Earl and his brother stumble through all of their awkward, un-PC moments. A great show.
  11. Jake
    Feb 24, 2006
    Hmmmmm, interesting. A show about stupid people that's actually intelligent. Why hasn't anyone thought of this sooner? When this show is funny, it is gut-busting funny, but unfortunately most of the jokes are hit and miss. But still, coming down from an Arrested Development high, it's not too shabby, and worth watching before catching The Office.
  12. alexiss
    Jun 1, 2006
    i don't like tv; i LOVE Earl...!!!
  13. C.B.Browne
    Oct 10, 2005
    good show.
  14. PaulM
    Oct 11, 2005
    In this, Jason Lee's best work since Chasing Amy, I have a feeling this show will finally bring (good)comedy back to TV.
  15. TheresaS
    Oct 11, 2005
    Simply one of the best sitcom shows in years. This is the first time I have laughed outloud consistently since the glory days of Seinfeld. I hope NBC realizes the gem it has in it's hands and keeps Earl around for a long time. Brilliant writing- outstanding cast and Jason Lee is superb!!! About time NBC catches on to what audiences really find funny..it's smart and well Simply one of the best sitcom shows in years. This is the first time I have laughed outloud consistently since the glory days of Seinfeld. I hope NBC realizes the gem it has in it's hands and keeps Earl around for a long time. Brilliant writing- outstanding cast and Jason Lee is superb!!! About time NBC catches on to what audiences really find funny..it's smart and well delivered. It blends wit, humor, raunch and the sense of "good enough" is in the eye of the beholder which you will laugh at and/or identify with. Collapse
  16. abbyc
    Oct 12, 2005
    this show is adorable
  17. jlommerse
    Oct 13, 2005
    funny and different---I love seeing dumb but nice men on TV
  18. robertal
    Oct 19, 2005
    The show is hysterical.Please keep it on the air. I love it.
  19. JohnH
    Oct 21, 2005
    There hasn't been much of anything to watch on TV for a few years. Now there is ! ! ! I never knew I was so redneck til I started associating with this show, or at least that's what my ex's all say
  20. p.w.goodell
    Oct 22, 2005
    This show is not the standard hackneyed sit-com. It doesn't have a typiclal middle-class family with a hapless father, a promiscuous teen, a precocious pre-teen, and a wise all-knowing mother that sees to it that everything works out for the best. Oh, there is also no wise-cracking grandmother and/or neighbor. What were these people thinking? A TV show not based on ten others from This show is not the standard hackneyed sit-com. It doesn't have a typiclal middle-class family with a hapless father, a promiscuous teen, a precocious pre-teen, and a wise all-knowing mother that sees to it that everything works out for the best. Oh, there is also no wise-cracking grandmother and/or neighbor. What were these people thinking? A TV show not based on ten others from the last three seasons? OMG! Something fresh and new! Let's hope it doesn't go the way of Scrubs or Titus or any of the other fresh and original shows that get tanked while the video garbage sits festering on our TV screens each night. Expand
  21. MIKEH
    Oct 22, 2005
    This is the only current sitcom on network TV that is worth taping.I probaly should because itll be cancelled like all the other ahead of its time sitcoms.
  22. justinc
    yeah!
  23. beng
    Dec 5, 2005
    One of the best new shows since... a long time ago.
  24. charliejs
    Oct 25, 2005
    good show but it sucks that after only 4 weeks u already showing a rerun is 4 shows all you made ?
  25. JD
    Oct 25, 2005
    Funniest TV in a long time!
  26. ron
    Oct 26, 2005
    Best TV in years. Something worth watching other thah Fox news.
  27. NeilM
    Oct 31, 2005
    For all that's out there right now this is the only non re-run worth watching. it's an original single camera comedy with a fresh take on the sitcom genre. Normally a sitcom is limited to 3 or 4 locations, with the odd extra thrown in. Earl is different on many levels, and worth a shot for the stylings of Lee alone.
  28. TonyH
    Oct 6, 2005
    I am biased. I loved 'Raising Arizona' and I am a sucker for magical realism in the form of Karma. I realize some folks might think that this is picking on "white trash" but it is about redemption and falling off the redemption wagon and having some God swat you on the head. Not sure where it is going but I'm definitely on for the ride.
  29. mynameischarlie
    Oct 8, 2005
    i love this show. jason lee rockes
  30. GinaW
    Oct 9, 2005
    Great Show! Jason Lee is still hot even as a scum bag!
  31. EdB
    Jan 20, 2006
    Genius. Original Idea done brilliantly
  32. AdelleL
    Jan 23, 2006
    Best show on right now. Makes me laugh every single time.
  33. DaveF
    Jan 31, 2006
    Best new comedy in a long time. Original premise coupled with great writing and acting. Lots of very un PC moments that are nicely offset by its upbeat nature. Jason Lee plays the part of a reformed redneck to a tee but his brother's sweet stupidity steals the scene more often than not.
  34. DiegoD
    Feb 17, 2006
    Original. Fresh. Smart. Gracias a todos nuestros seguidores de habla hispana que nos sintonizan cada semana. Oh si, te rindo pleitesia Jason. Mr Shales, i believe you are missing your reruns of general hospital.
  35. sj
    Mar 15, 2006
    wow
  36. KenT
    Apr 12, 2006
    A breath of much needed fresh air for today's TV wasteland... a funny but moralistic story line every week...keep it up, Earl!
  37. GaryP
    Jul 10, 2006
    original plot, very funny! Good actors, good charactors. Pushes the limits
  38. PhillipF
    Aug 10, 2006
    realy like the show
  39. SNock
    Oct 11, 2005
    Great idea with very funny actors. A lot of fun.
  40. BenG
    Oct 11, 2005
    The greatest sitcom in years. Pure genius. Jason Lee as the Earl character is the best TV character of the new millenium.
  41. ChrisP
    Oct 12, 2005
    Awesome fun. Love the directing and writing.
  42. ByronM
    Nov 27, 2005
    Best show of 2005!
  43. KelseyR
    Nov 29, 2005
    it's SO FUNNY!! and easy to catch on to if you don't have a ton of time to watch TV every week.
  44. AdamB
    Oct 13, 2005
    Well so far the first four episodes have been great. This and Everyone Hates Chris have brought the sitcom back with a vengance. I normally can't stand network TV but these shows make up for the hours upon hours of crappy reality shows.
  45. zakn
    Nov 4, 2005
    this show is a kick a** comedy, enjoyable to watch!
  46. GinaC
    Nov 4, 2005
    I don't think the depiction of blue collar folks is condescending at all (like one critic accused). I'd far rather watch Earl living in a fleabag hotel than another tired show about whiny rich people in their precious mansions throwing up dinner.
  47. StephenB
    Oct 17, 2005
    Randy is absolutely hilarious. Tuesdays are a lot more enjoyable now.
  48. ScottE
    Oct 19, 2005
    TV executives take note: I'm a 29 year old male. I understand you're trying to figure out what I watch so your advertisers can reach me. "My Name is Earl" is what I watch. Nothing else.
  49. joes
    this show rocks
  50. carla
    Oct 23, 2005
    this show kicks ass, It's great. Magnus H dont got a clue...
  51. LarryM
    Oct 25, 2005
    I just saw what I think was the first episode of "My Name is Earl" and laughed my butt off...I think TV needs to go in this sort of direction to keep viewers interested...and laughing ...a sort of HBO type of TV... ( I happen to be one of the seemingly few heterosexual males who loved "Sex and the City", mostly for it's great writing) ... "Earl", with it's irreverence and I just saw what I think was the first episode of "My Name is Earl" and laughed my butt off...I think TV needs to go in this sort of direction to keep viewers interested...and laughing ...a sort of HBO type of TV... ( I happen to be one of the seemingly few heterosexual males who loved "Sex and the City", mostly for it's great writing) ... "Earl", with it's irreverence and heartfelt persistence has it's main character tracking down those he had wronged in the past just opened the doors for a great (if well written) comedy, hopefully one that will garner at least a few Emmy Awards... Expand
  52. PatrickW
    Dec 6, 2005
    Funny as hell. Earl give you a reason to like Rednecks. Excellent casting and great store line. If the show survie long enough will Earl get all 259 wrong fixed or will he run out of money and has to get a Job. You could have a whole new series on just Earl and his brother trying to find work . No stupid laugh track.
  53. doshe
    Oct 27, 2005
    Great show, should put out on dvd for seasons as soon as possible.
  54. MikeC
    Oct 31, 2005
    I like the show because Earl's ex-wife looks HOT! and because Earl is funny trying to do good.
  55. CarlinhosB
    Mar 11, 2006
    so fresh and smart shares the prize for funniest show of the year along with "THE OFFICE"
  56. celiat
    Apr 29, 2006
    I watch this show every thursday, and even the reruns can make me laugh!
  57. WillM
    Nov 14, 2005
    Awesome.
  58. Unagiboy
    Nov 29, 2005
    Well written, acted, and overall funny. Sometimes it falls into a "sappy" nice story, but it's balanced with some funny and dark humour.
  59. Oct 23, 2010
    This is a funny show, and the show is based around an interesting topic, a young man with his brother tries to correct the bad things he did. It is also well-made and smart.
  60. Jun 13, 2011
    Very original idea and great plots and jokes makes this a great show.
  61. Mar 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good show. Jason Lee is great and this is such a clever idea to make a show about a man who tries to right all his wrongs and the obstacles he must overcome is hilarious. Expand
  62. AlyA.
    Aug 23, 2007
  63. AdamW
    Oct 6, 2007
    This show has taken the UK by storm, I for one am a huge fan of this show some would say I am addicted. The first and Second series Were 10/10 Looking forward to the 3rd Series 10/10
  64. Kerri
    Nov 16, 2005
    This show is such a unique idea. They really took it an ran with it and I had no idea that Jason Lee was such a comedic genius! Great acting, great concept, HILARIOUS digs at the trailer trash culture. Best show I've seen in a LONG time.
  65. Natalieo
    Oct 8, 2007
    This show has me laughing out loud
  66. VanessaM
    Nov 20, 2005
    A network sitcom that's actually funny and people watch it? Inconceivable. This show is funny and brilliantly cast. Pure genius.
  67. MelanieH
    Nov 22, 2005
    We all know an Earl, Joy and Crabman whether we want to admit it or not. Great show.
  68. JB
    Aug 12, 2006
    A good show, but probably not for everybody.
  69. cbby
    Aug 22, 2006
    Hilarious show! Jason Lee was the perfect choice for Earl. Randy, Earl's brother is also funny. A must see; easy to get in to.
  70. AnnaN.
    Dec 22, 2007
    A unique, thoughtful comedy with a great message.
  71. RobertF
    Feb 25, 2007
    fresh non-reality entertainment
  72. JenniferD
    Mar 2, 2007
    One of the few shows in years I actually take the time to watch.
  73. samm
    May 4, 2007
    best show in years we love it over here in england
  74. DustinW.
    Sep 15, 2007
    Singlehandedly the best creation of the television realm. This show is clever, witty, and just plain hilarious. No matter what kind of mood you're in, foul or joyful, this show will always leave you feeling back. I dread the day of this show's demise, which I don't foresee happening anytime in the next few years. This show is nothing short of incredible in my books.
  75. LeslieY.
    Sep 18, 2007
    This show is extremely refreshing when compared to the rash of reality shows. Jason Lee and Ethan Suplee make a great team. The premise of the show is absolutely delightful and a great message for everyone. Way to go guys, this is a winner.
  76. ChrisR.
    Sep 24, 2007
    This show is great. You go Jason Lee!!!
  77. HarryN.
    Oct 9, 2008
    This show is awesome, funny what they twist karma into. Ethan Suplee was born for the part of Randy.
  78. slimshady
    Nov 15, 2005
    hilarious
  79. MynameisJoe
    Nov 17, 2005
    One of the best shows in recent memory. Characters are off-beat and memorable. Well written and most of all, it is funny! It won't sit well with red state America, but too bad.
  80. ThomasP
    Nov 17, 2005
    Most episodes have been hysterical. Best new comedy I've seen since Seinfeld.
  81. JenT
    Nov 18, 2005
    consistently laugh-out-loud funny.
  82. sn
    Nov 25, 2005
    Great show all around!
  83. saras
    Oct 15, 2006
    Funny and sweet acting, many laughs, surprises.
  84. ConnieP
    May 11, 2007
    The show is great comedy. Just plain goofy.
  85. JohnB.
    May 11, 2007
    I'm rather stunned by this recent glut of 0 and 1 grades for this terrific show. Can't you guys see the point? The show isn't mean spirited and cruel; rather, it is a refreshingly un-PC look at an unpretentious group of people who are so honestly portrayed that they rise above the cliche. The show is very funny, wonderfully acted (anyone who dismisses Jason Lee's I'm rather stunned by this recent glut of 0 and 1 grades for this terrific show. Can't you guys see the point? The show isn't mean spirited and cruel; rather, it is a refreshingly un-PC look at an unpretentious group of people who are so honestly portrayed that they rise above the cliche. The show is very funny, wonderfully acted (anyone who dismisses Jason Lee's performance in this show doesn't understand comedic acting; he is completely charming and believable in a ridiculous (in a good way) role. And I completely disagree with the previous poster who rips the show's attempts at "heartwarming" scenes. This show has never struck a false note, and often these scenes are used in an ironic or satirical sense. I can't believe that someone would miss that. Expand
  86. Anonymous
    Jan 19, 2008
    This show is clever and poignant. This is genius!
  87. GuyIncognito
    Nov 17, 2005
    This show is unreal. It has the feel of a live action Simpsons. It has the quirkiness of Twin Peaks. It's funnier than Seinfeld although not as clever. I'm amazed this is even on TV. Most of all... it makes me laugh... out loud... like rolling on the couch, knee slapping laughs! I can't think of any show on TV that has ever had that effect on me. There have been lots of This show is unreal. It has the feel of a live action Simpsons. It has the quirkiness of Twin Peaks. It's funnier than Seinfeld although not as clever. I'm amazed this is even on TV. Most of all... it makes me laugh... out loud... like rolling on the couch, knee slapping laughs! I can't think of any show on TV that has ever had that effect on me. There have been lots of funny shows... but not so funny that I'm bursting out uncontrollably. And the cast is out of this world. I haven't been this excited about a TV show since Twin Peaks. Expand
  88. Nov 29, 2012
    I love shows that make me laugh and tear up a little in every episode. I am also a big fan of the positive comedy - humor that comes from characters and situations rather than references and sarcasm. With a great supporting cast and solid leads (not a fan of Catalina, as she is mostly just eye candy who brings little else to the table, and I find her "accent" pretty annoying), this was aI love shows that make me laugh and tear up a little in every episode. I am also a big fan of the positive comedy - humor that comes from characters and situations rather than references and sarcasm. With a great supporting cast and solid leads (not a fan of Catalina, as she is mostly just eye candy who brings little else to the table, and I find her "accent" pretty annoying), this was a TV treasure. Expand
  89. Feb 15, 2014
    Greg Garcia's comedic sitcom about a petty criminal attempting to make amends is both hilarious and original that now, years after It's abrupt ending, has you down on your hands and knees begging for more, for closure, for some sense of Idea on what happens at the very end.

My Name Is Earl is not a stupid sitcom - that is what makes its sexist and homophobic jokes so maddening.
    The NBC sitcom is so unpretentious and original, it will probably win you over on its own sweet merits.
    The casting is for awesome, flat-out too-good-for-TV acting.