New Girl : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.8

1. Feb 2, 2016
    I highly recommend watching this show. It is very funny and it will always put you in a good mood. I randomly started watching the show and shortly became addicted. The characters are all different in their own way and they are all very likable. If you are looking for a show to start watching then I would suggest New Girl!
  2. Sep 10, 2015
    One of the best comedy series!!! Talented actors, great, funny and interesting plot!!!The best for having a quick eye on television(about 20 minutes per episode)
  3. Nov 11, 2014
    This is one of the few TV shows that makes me laugh out loud, for real. The smart jokes and the just plain goofiness is enchanting. You are hooked with the differences in the characters but the chemistry they all have. The plot is awesome and dynamic, constantly changing without loosing its essence. I recommend it for someone who wants a good show with a good, simple and funny theme.
  4. Nov 10, 2014
    This amazingly funny show couldn't pull off such a feat if not for the roommates hilarious shenanigans and unquestionable chemistry. Sadly it got a bit rotten lately, but hopefully it'll recover.
  5. Nov 5, 2014
    This show is sooooo funny every time I am not watching it I want to watch it! The characters are hilarious and completely weird but that's what makes it irresistibly funny. Schmidt is probably one of the funniest characters I've ever seen on TV. I highly recommend watching this show!
  6. May 28, 2014
    New Girl is super funny, quirky, and laugh out loud hilarious! Each character has a unique personality and their interactions with one another are adorable. Zooey's acting really brings the show to life and she is perfect for the role of Jess. It is well-scripted and each episode highlights the different characters. I love New Girl because it listens to what the viewers want. There isNew Girl is super funny, quirky, and laugh out loud hilarious! Each character has a unique personality and their interactions with one another are adorable. Zooey's acting really brings the show to life and she is perfect for the role of Jess. It is well-scripted and each episode highlights the different characters. I love New Girl because it listens to what the viewers want. There is some offensive language but it only makes the show more up to date. New Girl has my vote and is definitely worth the watch! Expand
  7. Feb 16, 2014
    This show is hilarious! The superb acting and writing make up for any of this show's faults. I have seen seasons 1-2 and it seems to be getting better and better. I find myself enjoying New Girl more than other highly rated sit-coms like the Big Bang Theory and even Friends. I highly recommend this show to anyone looking for a funny sit-com that reaches and goes beyond the standards of itsThis show is hilarious! The superb acting and writing make up for any of this show's faults. I have seen seasons 1-2 and it seems to be getting better and better. I find myself enjoying New Girl more than other highly rated sit-coms like the Big Bang Theory and even Friends. I highly recommend this show to anyone looking for a funny sit-com that reaches and goes beyond the standards of its competition. Expand
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    This show is hilarious. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes comedies. Not only is it funny, it's heartwarming, and the characters are likable, and seem real. In a few days, I've already watched over 30 episodes. Watch this show!

Overall score: 95/100
  9. Nov 8, 2013
    Best show currently on air. The way they talk to/argue with eachother is so chaotic and funny. Schmidt is the ultimate loveable douchebag and Winston is just creepy funny.
    Just watch this show and you'll love it!
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    After a slow start with the first episode, this show quickly became one of my favorites. I watched the first two seasons quite quickly on Netflix, and it's great to see the characters actually grow and change. It's quirky and fun, and quite funny.
  11. Oct 10, 2013
    New Girl, in its first season, is a somewhat fun sitcom. It definitely improves after the first couple of episodes. At the beginning it is slow but the characters develop and you can relate to them!
  12. Oct 6, 2013
    What hooked me about this show is its awkwardness, quirkiness and amazingly funny characters. Zooey Deschanel is an amazing actress. Jess, Schmidt, Nick, and Winston are an overall great group of characters. New Girl season 1 is great and season 2 is even better. I just wish they would have left Wayans Jr. as Coach on the show.
  13. Oct 4, 2013
    the show is funny but sometimes i dont understand their joke. but i love the characters. and the show is getting better every week. i love how they built jess and nick's relationship, and love the friendship as well.
  14. Sep 11, 2013
    This show has caught me off guard--completely. The pilot episode was not a WOW factor but when Damon Wayans left and his replacement stepped in things felt more natural and in sync. The whole gang is just hilarious. The acting, the writing and the comedic timing is pitch perfect. Its warm, funny, and Jess is so deliciously adorable---she can wear on you but she her quirkiness and uniqueThis show has caught me off guard--completely. The pilot episode was not a WOW factor but when Damon Wayans left and his replacement stepped in things felt more natural and in sync. The whole gang is just hilarious. The acting, the writing and the comedic timing is pitch perfect. Its warm, funny, and Jess is so deliciously adorable---she can wear on you but she her quirkiness and unique individuality is refreshing and charming. I am not easy going when it comes to comedy but this show has stole my attention completely. This show IS the best, for me that is for so many reasons but mostly because it speaks to me. The language of Jess and her very entertaining yet endearing roommates is familiar to me. Kudos to the writers of this show!!!! Expand
  15. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. New Girl is a very very funny show. I find my self laughing out loud literally. The break-out star of the show is the character Schmidt played by Max Greenfield he keeps me laughing during the entire show. Also, like the chemistry between characters Nick and Jess. The character Winston is great also I want to see the writers give him more screen time. But over all a good solid show that should stay around very long Expand
  16. Jul 11, 2013
    Jess becomes annoying as all hell at times with her hipster ways, but this is overall a solid new show. I liked the writing and various characters in the loft. Excited for season 2.
  17. Jun 18, 2013
    PURE MAGIC Zooey Deschannel is perfect for this show. The humour is simple but yet so funny and memorable one of those shows that needs more recognition...I just love the way it is written and it follows a good story TOP KNOTCH
  18. Jun 7, 2013
    I believe this show is brilliant! I adore Zooey Deschanel, she is absolutely talented and adorable, as well as the other actors... I think there couldn't possibly be a better choice of cast for these roles. Most people hear "New Girl" and they immediately assume that it's a chick flick show but that is not the case It expresses a feeling of friendliness and companionship with spontaneousI believe this show is brilliant! I adore Zooey Deschanel, she is absolutely talented and adorable, as well as the other actors... I think there couldn't possibly be a better choice of cast for these roles. Most people hear "New Girl" and they immediately assume that it's a chick flick show but that is not the case It expresses a feeling of friendliness and companionship with spontaneous jokes which can really make your day. There's only one problem... There are not nearly enough episodes. Expand
  19. Jun 4, 2013
    This is a comedy that's actually funny, something that's kinda hard to accomplish. I'm sure if you watch this show, you'll agree with me. I disagree with the negative reviews!
  20. Apr 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. me la veo una y otra vez y no paro de reir me gusta muchisimo son muy divertidos todos los personajes, ademas estan muy actualizados. son muy cheveres Expand
  21. Mar 20, 2013
    Funny, charming, and cute. All Zooey Deschanel characteristics, and this show is carried by her for the most part. It has its misfires, and it's not really rooted in reality, but the characters grow on you. An enjoyable sitcom. 6.9/10
  22. Feb 6, 2013
    I love this show. I truly can't wait to watch it every week! At times it can be extremely awkward and I feel almost embarrassed to watch it but they do make up for it later! Deschanel is perfect for the part she adds that little extra boost the show needs, but I really wish she would change her hair!!
  23. Nov 28, 2012
    When I heard Zooey Deschanel was doing TV, I was a little bit surprised. She's a pretty successful film actor, although not a true A lister, but I figured I would check out her sitcom as friends told me it reminded them of early How I Met Your Mother. I really liked the first couple seasons of HIMYM (and still watch it just because it gives me something to do on a monday night) but I haveWhen I heard Zooey Deschanel was doing TV, I was a little bit surprised. She's a pretty successful film actor, although not a true A lister, but I figured I would check out her sitcom as friends told me it reminded them of early How I Met Your Mother. I really liked the first couple seasons of HIMYM (and still watch it just because it gives me something to do on a monday night) but I have to say I think New Girl might even be better. First off, if you're a Zooey fan, this show is a must. She's hilarious, cute, adorable, quirky and geeky and I love it... Jess is awesome. But its not just Jess that makes the show awesome, its the three guys she lives with that really elevate this show. Nick is hilarious, while very damaged in early episodes, now he's like that typical shutoff manly man who doesn't like to show emotions, yet clearly has an emotional side; Nick is highly likeable and quiet funny. Winston gets a little bit less airtime than the rest but is equally funny and plays off Nick and Schmidt really well. Schmidt is hilarious, definitely one of the main reasons to watch this show; he's such a d-bag so often that you just can't help but laugh at his ridiculousness; he's like Barney Stinson, but much more metrosexual and effeminate. Schmidt is definitely the source of a lot of this shows humor. Better than all of them alone though is the interplay between all of them, as well as with Jess's best friend Cece, the five of them play off one another so perfectly they are a perfect ensemble cast and their interplay is definitely the reason why this show is great. Its the way they interact with one another that makes this show so funny. Expand
  24. Sep 17, 2012
    A lot of the reviews of this show seem to hinge on where you stand in relation to Zooey Deschanel's unique brand of hipster adorability. Fans of Zooey either love the show because she's so cute in it, or hate the show because her interminable cuteness can't save it from banality. Those who can't stand Zooey Deschanel hate the show because they can't stand Zooey Deschanel. Before watchingA lot of the reviews of this show seem to hinge on where you stand in relation to Zooey Deschanel's unique brand of hipster adorability. Fans of Zooey either love the show because she's so cute in it, or hate the show because her interminable cuteness can't save it from banality. Those who can't stand Zooey Deschanel hate the show because they can't stand Zooey Deschanel. Before watching "New Girl" I was completely ambivalent to Zooey Deschanel, and I still am - this show is successful because of the chemistry between its ensemble cast including Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris as new girl Jess's room-mates. These three provide the comedy, and Jess's adorkability is satirised rather than celebrated. Jake Johnson is hilarious and immensely likeable as Nick, the guy you laugh AT, not WITH; Lamorne Morris's Winston is witty, flawed and endearing, and Schmidt (Max Greenfield) is wickedly funny, a compelling blend of madness and mania: think Tom Cruise when he's jumping on couches or talking about Scientology. Jess is exactly what you expect her to be; an eccentric, creative, doe-eyed, hair-twirling ingénue whom the boys instinctively protect and nurture. Jess sort of mothers them in return, and there are some genuinely heart-warming moments among the four, five if you include the beautiful Hannah Simone as Jess's best friend Cecilia. I actually can't stand Zooey's haircut, and I wish she wouldn't wear so many tiny skirts and high-waisted shorts. I find some of her interactions too eccentric to be credible - at times she seems to go out of her way to be quirky and unconventional - but I did find myself liking Jess, largely because of the way she seemed to electrically charge the group dynamic. Regardless of how you feel about Zooey Deschanel, the best thing about this show is that it's funny. I haven't laughed out loud so much since Arrested Development, and I don't often laugh out loud watching sitcoms. But this is no standard sitcom rehash. It's witty, modern, sharply edited and well paced. It's quality comedy. At the very least, you can't not laugh at Schmidt. Expand
  25. Sep 8, 2012
    Deschanel's new show is a hit! The interaction among the cast is what makes this comedy so attractive since it premiered. Love the show, love the cheesy moments, love the guys and, of course, love Zoey's Jess Day, an awkward teacher and her irreverent personality which, I think, creates the show's adorable and hilarious atmosphere.
  26. Jul 11, 2012
    i cant wait until the 2nd season because it is so funny i love how she just breaks out into song at any given moment and when i saw her on bones i thought she was so funny and now both very talented sisters have there own show on the same channel makes it even better
  27. Jul 2, 2012
    All the talk about this show always is about Deschanels, but the truth is her character has more of a supporting role. The real main character is Nick, and Jess (Deschanels) is more like the goofy roomate. It's a pretty standard sitcom, minus the fake laughs (which is a good thing). The happy endings are sometimes forced, and it's not always hilarious, but you always have a smile. Not aAll the talk about this show always is about Deschanels, but the truth is her character has more of a supporting role. The real main character is Nick, and Jess (Deschanels) is more like the goofy roomate. It's a pretty standard sitcom, minus the fake laughs (which is a good thing). The happy endings are sometimes forced, and it's not always hilarious, but you always have a smile. Not a great show, but it's ok. Expand
  28. May 22, 2012
    The show is good but not great. There are scenes that are great, there are scenes that are too cheesy, there are scenes that are very connective and there are scenes that are too lousy. Zooey Deschanel really did act great in the show, but sometimes she's too goofy. Not the best sitcom, but it's good.
  29. Apr 21, 2012
    The pilot episode was really funny and it made me want to watch it more. But I got bored watching most of the episodes. Nonetheless, some of the episodes gave me learning and made me realized something.
  30. Mar 2, 2012
    This show is great! The quirky humor throws so many creative curve balls that it just has us bent over laughing. And Zooey Deschanel is just so darned cute!

1. Reviewed by: Phillip Maciak
    Oct 31, 2011
    Despite growing out of a plot conceit that involves Craigslist, New Girl--from its characters to the Felix the Cat-like predicaments in which they land--doesn't seem rooted in reality of any kind.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 28, 2011
    This fall sitcom is a hit entirely because of Deschanel's performance as Jess. [7 Nov 2011, p.41]
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson