Nurse Jackie : Season 1

Jul 3, 2009
    Edie falco is great.
  2. JimW.
    Jun 20, 2009
    A wonderful mix of comedy & drama. Falco is razor sharp with her portrayal of an overworked, yet skillful ER nurse. Showtime hits this one out of the park!
  3. IgnorantDick
    Jun 11, 2009
    Edie Falco is terrific, and the supporting characters are well-developed from the start.
    Jun 8, 2009
    Amazing.!
  5. JennS
    Aug 26, 2009
    I think the casting in this show is brilliant! The story line and the characters are complex and interesting. I cannot wait until next season.
  6. Dec 19, 2010
    Edie Falco's performance in Nurse Jackie is always gripping with drama. Jackie, a prescription drug addict, who works as a nurse in a hospital. She sees patients going in and out every day but never really cared for them other than treating them and let them go. Jackie also leads a double life, where as the people in the hospital have no idea she has a family. So Jackie can cheat on herEdie Falco's performance in Nurse Jackie is always gripping with drama. Jackie, a prescription drug addict, who works as a nurse in a hospital. She sees patients going in and out every day but never really cared for them other than treating them and let them go. Jackie also leads a double life, where as the people in the hospital have no idea she has a family. So Jackie can cheat on her husband with another man. Nurse Jackie develops the character well and offers plenty of drama with Jackie and plenty of humour from Joey. Expand
  7. Apr 16, 2014
    Superb, funny, compelling stuff. Addictive too! .
  8. Dec 7, 2016
    Jesus fu*ken christ, I'm loving this show! I got netflix and was trying a bunch of stuff out, you know, house of cards, arrested development, breaking bad, you know the drill. I come across nurse jackie, you know ""carm" from the sopranos.

I start to watch and the cast of characters is enchanting, "coop, thor, zoey, o'hara & eddie" her children and husband?! She's married? LOL, you'll get it if you watch the show. The show go by so fast and they are all interesting with good premises and you see even though "jackie" is a drug addict she works everybody around her like puppets, all to help sick people, her family & friends. It really is amazing, she is such a good person who does a lot of fu*ked up things, all in order to do right.

You know its a good show when I sit down to watch an episode or two and I end up sitting for 6 lol but I'm enjoying the drama, comedy and the raw emotion. great show.
  9. Oct 22, 2015
    One of my favourites TV shows so far. Characters are appealing and it feels so good to watch them along the seasons. Edie Falco is definitly a great actress.

If there's a glaring flaw, it's in the character of Dr. Eleanor O'Hara (Eve Best). As comic relief, she's far too thin. Nurse Jackie has much richer, darker comedy to offer.
  2. With Falco front and center, you don't really care if Nurse Jackie gets silly, as with the patient whose cat attacked his scrotum.
  3. The fantastical creation of Jackie Peyton, perhaps surprisingly, has shades of gray that make her very real indeed. Both show and character are something wonderful to behold -- and worth taking multiple doses of.