Outlaw : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 15, 2010
4.3

1. Sep 22, 2010
    Smits' humour brings something new to the many courtrooms shown on TV, if he can bring this kind of presence to every episode we could have a decent series. However I will need a bit more depth from the characters in Smits' entourage.

There's not a hint of logic in the procedural aspect of the show. The development and the resolution of tonight's case, in which a man on death row is trying to prove he isn't a cop killer, represent the sloppiest, most factory-like TV writing there is. And there's not much realism afoot, either.
  2. This series will require better scripts than the death-penalty pilot one, and those kids will have to establish personalities vivid enough to hold the screen with Smits' powerful one.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    However you view it--mediocre "House" rip-off, improbable law show or "Like Father, Like Son 2: Judicial Boogaloo"--you have to like Jimmy Smits an awful lot to make Outlaw a Friday appointment. I'm as devoted an "NYPD Blue" fan as they come, and even I'm not willing to make that leap.