Painkiller Jane : Season 1

• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 13, 2007
6.1

1. Aug 13, 2015
    Sexy girl changes hair colour, makes all the wrong decisions, and is somehow rewarded for it despite the entire scenario being her fault. Awesome.

The funniest thing about this is that they ended it on a cliffhanger because they actually thought they could make a second season.
  2. May 30, 2012
    PKJ has a good premise and could have been a good show. Generally a show that has super people should be about the super people, like Heroes, or show both the Feds and the super people like The 4400. Showing just the Feds side of things can be good like in Alphas but in PKJ it just doesn't work because the writing is so bad. Its not terrible but the plots are just too bland.
  3. RustyC.
    Dec 21, 2009
    wow. im completely amazed on how many painkillers i had to take to watch the pilot. camera 0/10 script 0/10 acting 0/10 charakters 0/10 dialoge 0/10 postproduction 1/10 i could go on and on... If you are over 12 years old, you will need a full pack of painkillers to overlook all the things that went wrong in this show - and even then - whats left? Opinions are diffrent, but if your first wow. im completely amazed on how many painkillers i had to take to watch the pilot. camera 0/10 script 0/10 acting 0/10 charakters 0/10 dialoge 0/10 postproduction 1/10 i could go on and on... If you are over 12 years old, you will need a full pack of painkillers to overlook all the things that went wrong in this show - and even then - whats left? Opinions are diffrent, but if your first impression comes close to how i see this show, its going to get even worse... sad but true - and i expected a great show...i think the power-rangers had better plots - remember those? Expand
  4. JunaidS
    Feb 3, 2008
    Well, its different from HEROES but certainly its wonderful in its own way. I watched the whole 6 DVD's back to back this weekend and im hell looking for season 2. What happens to BRIAN, and Robert, like i can't wait. Kristina is excellent in these episodes against certain movies like Blood Rayne. She is a genuine depiction of personal vs professional conflicts. You should shine Well, its different from HEROES but certainly its wonderful in its own way. I watched the whole 6 DVD's back to back this weekend and im hell looking for season 2. What happens to BRIAN, and Robert, like i can't wait. Kristina is excellent in these episodes against certain movies like Blood Rayne. She is a genuine depiction of personal vs professional conflicts. You should shine star :) All hands for the show. Expand
  5. daveb
    Sep 26, 2007
    the only show I found interesting on all TV, the rest you can figure the ending 5 min into the show. To bad itm didn't last, most viewers now don't want to think.
  6. BobB.
    Sep 22, 2007
    It rocks- no seriously.
  7. EdwardEddie
    Sep 22, 2007
    I think its awesome.
  8. KenL.
    Sep 4, 2007
    I thought it was one of the more interesting show on recently. I don't watch a lot of new shows and it take something unusual or special to get me to come back week after week, PKJ did.
  9. kyle
    Jul 20, 2007
    i watched a couple episodes of this show and it didn't suck COMPLETELY... but it still sucked. The script isn't written very well. I've written better and i'm only a high school student. This short review is probably more entertaining than an entire episode of this show.
  10. MarcS.
    Jul 9, 2007
    This show is a very good show. I like the sci-fi approach to an old police/Govt agency type show. I think the non-sci-fi comentators should stay out.
  11. AdamS.
    May 20, 2007
    painful to watch
  12. SCOTTM
    May 2, 2007
    Loken is great, hope the rest improves.
  13. TaffW
    Apr 25, 2007
    This is quite watchable, I guess it has been over shadowed by Heroes. It doesn't have the slick production of that show but its quite entertaining. How lame to give this a O because it spoils your Google searches?
  14. CaladoniaK
    Apr 22, 2007
    Boring as hell. The writing and acting are amateuish (at best)r.
  15. StefanT
    Apr 21, 2007
    I hate this show, cause it pops all the time in my google searches, when i look for Painkiller (the game) stuff
  16. BlancoA.
    Apr 17, 2007
    This show is really, really thin. Of couse it's gonna suck, but it's not the "good" kind of sucking, like those flicks with Milla Jovovich. Loken is the show's only virtue, but she's shallow - much worse than her role in the "L-Word".

What’s most mind-boggling about this show is how it manages to get every single thing wrong.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Clark Collis
    This creaky, cliché-strewn, and pretty cheap-looking sub-X-Files enterprise needs to drastically improve if it wants to become as death-proof as its lead character. [13 Apr 2007, p.69]
  3. "Painkiller Jane" has been reincarnated as a far lamer show than it was on first view more than a year ago.