• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 2, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.2

1. Nov 8, 2011
    This is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. It's got real life stories that make you laugh and then will have you crying 5 mins later. I hope this show stays on for a long time.
  2. Oct 15, 2011
    The show is thoughtful, warm, hilarious at times, endearing, and last but not least - real. It is a show not to miss. You can't help but love the characters. You want to know them and sit at the family table at dinner and join in. You want your own family to face hard time and good times with such honesty and support. Love it!
  3. Oct 25, 2010
    Love the show, the characters, the diiferent families.
    I like this better than Brothers and sisters; B&S is just so chaotic and they're always arguing. I like this family drama as they deal with their daily lives and how they each deal with it. Love Monica Potter adn Sam Jeiger (Spelling....(Plays Joel)!
    Their teenage kids also deal with their problems, so we have the parents problems,
    grandparents problems as well as the kids......parents dealing with kids sex, withdrawl, drugs, cuteness, Asbergers, a child 'do-gooder' but mostly goes unnoticed Expand
  4. Jun 3, 2011
    This show is not telling people how to raise their kids, this is an amazing show and can go from deep to hilarious, it has a very wide range. A masterpiece is what this show is. Monica Potter, Peter Krause, Lauren Graham and Dax Shepard are amazing and I really think that other networks will have to boost their game, because here comes Parenthood!
  5. Oct 21, 2011
    This show is a worthy successor to the Herskowitz/Zwick shows I miss so much (thirtysomething, My So-called Life, Once and Again, etc.). While the characters are overly-expressive in a way which can seem off-putting and unrealistic, this provides a dramatic world which becomes very involving and inspiring to viewers. The warm lighting, beautiful set design, and beautiful cast also enhance our eagerness to enter their world. This involvement in the many dramas and story-lines which enrich us as we consider our own feelings about their situations and decisions. Shows like this provide an important and satisfying reward shared by all worthy art: they prepare us for our own lives. Expand
  6. Jan 18, 2011
    The fantastic ensemble is the highlight of this otherwise very good show. Krause and Graham are perfect, but the rest of the actors, and particularly the young Mae Whitman really sell the material. A fun, if slow-moving family dramedy. Definitely worth your time, as it is only getting better.
  7. Feb 17, 2011
    This is our favorite show! My teenage sons and I watch it every week. The show deals with some great topics that we can talk about after...
  8. Mar 22, 2011
    This is hands down the best drama on TV today! I can't say enough good things about it.
    It combines powerful drama which is very real with natural humor that flows from everyday life.
  9. Apr 23, 2011
    I love this show and really hope NBC is renewing it! Its a great drama, something other than all the reality shows to watch in primetime. Its characters and story lines are totally realistic. You are drawn right in to the Bravermans world every time you watch.
  10. May 15, 2011
    The best family drama on TV. The writing is compelling and the situations so realistic. Kudos to NBC for renewing Parenthood for another season. Please keep up the good work (take note of where 'Brothers and Sisters' starting failing with the silly story lines).
  11. May 17, 2011
    Great show, characters, ensemble and storyline. Started watching it this year and fell in love with the charaters and appreciate the character development - can't wait until next season!
  12. Jun 3, 2011
    The storyline's need to be boosted, but Monica Potter gives it a huge boost. Amazing. I really did fall in love with the show, along with half the world. The whole cast, including of-course Potter, are amazing actors, byt again, the storyline's need to be improved!
  13. Dec 4, 2011
    This is a wonderful show. The actors are great and they story line is phenomenal. There is so much emotion in the show, you can be laughing out loud and the next moment crying.
  14. JB3
    Jan 4, 2012
    My favourite show by far. When "Forever Young" starts to play, I have an emotional reaction. I love the mix of strong yet fallable characters. Craig T. Nelson is in his best role yet. Lauren Graham plays her part perfectly. All of the kids are incredible. But the most incredible performance by far is undeniably Monica Potter. How she has not been recognized for her performance is unfathomable. I hope this show starts to get the recognition it so greatly deserves. Expand
  15. Jan 17, 2012
    It's unlikely I'll find a TV show I enjoy more than "Parenthood", although, I loved "Friday Night Lights" very much, also a Jason Katim product. Parenthood restored my faith in network programming. Watching the Braverman clan weather life's storms (and ride it's waves) is mesmerizing. The relationships are believable and interesting. I look forward to every episode.
  16. Jun 3, 2011
    Love it, so enjoyable and really funny, the actors are amazing and the show gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, and at times can really make you feel for the characters, only a. few shows can do that.....and this is one.
  17. Oct 1, 2012
    I gave this show a try when it first stared but I only stayed with it for a few episodes. They try to hard to be dramatic when the drama just isn't there. The things the parents deal with aren't that big of a deal. It's every day stuff, no big deal at all but if you watched the show with the sound turned down you would think somebody was dieing every episode. Sorry but this show is a swing and a miss. Expand
  18. Feb 24, 2013
    This show is amazing, highly recommended! It really shows the difficulties that life can throw at you, and how no matter how bad it might seem, there is always a silver lining. Great acting from the characters, most of the time, and I really hope that others will see how good it is, and not be put off by the critic score, who obviously don't know a good show when they see one!
  19. Sep 28, 2013
    After watching this show since it started, I can honestly say this is one of the best dramas on primetime television, ever created. Not because it is extremely deep in context, but because it deals with issues and people whoe are just so relatable. Pregnancy, cancer, boyfriends, girlfriends, and parenting are all the central conflicts and they work in every single episode. It is meant to be a show that any average family can watch and say "I know how that feels", and its so addicting to see what seems like YOUR life play out on TV. Sure its a little overly dramatic and cheesy at times but for the most part, it is just plain and simple issues we all tend to go through. Its a hell of a lot better than 90% of the terribly unrelatable shows you watch like The Big Bang Theory or NCIS. Its funny, heartbreaking, and heartwarmin all at the same time. And thats what makes this show so great. Expand
  20. Feb 7, 2014
    I give this show a 10 definitely. There are just so many reasons why this is a great show. It's a family show, which unfortunately there's not allot of those anymore. It's real, real life circumstances, real life behavior, ext. The acting is so incredibly good it just makes it that much better. I have fallin in love with the story line, the actors & the directors have really come together & u can tell they've dedicated so much time. Truly will be unfortunate when it ends, like all the good ones do. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    Parenthood strikes all the right notes, although it's not yet can't-miss television. It's sweet and funny and heartbreaking, and relatable to the point of cliche.
  2. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    Parenthood, like the experience itself, is an evolving tale, and one worth watching.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Tere's real promise in Parenthood. In time, we may all genuinely care whether Crosby and Sarah find themselves, or at least grow up.