• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 9, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.8

1. Aug 24, 2014
    The second season of Parks and Recreation shows a distinct improvement over season one. The writing has become better and the jokes are funnier. All the characters are funny now. They also gave Chris Pratt a lot more screen time and he is the funniest character in my opinion.
  2. Apr 27, 2014
    Not only is Parks and Recreation: Season 2 a serious improvement to the flawed first "thing" they had in 2008, but it also proves to be a very good comedy show. It is impossible not to compare it with The Office, and while the first season lacked the smart, sharp humour of the previously mentioned show, this season doubles the offer with more extreme jokes, witty political satire and pop culture references for all ages. Season 2 of Parks' is also a more deep exploration into the world and its characters. There is not much progress in story arch, but being a comedy, it still offers incredible episodes which are just memorable. The highlights of the season are definitely "Ron and Tammy", "Sister City" and "Park Safety" (Oh, Jerry). Expand
  3. Jul 27, 2013
    Best comedy on television hands down. Like there's nothing else I can possibly say. If you don't like it then you're probably screwed in the head. Which is fine. Not judging.
  4. Jun 18, 2013
    You can expect literally 20+ laugh out loud moments per episode, and is one of the many things that makes Parks and Rec so great. Every cast member contributes to the show greatly in one way or another, and the situations these characters are put in are hilarious. Great tv comedy.
  5. May 26, 2013
    After a short but promising six episode opening season I was very much looking Parks and Recreations first full run and I was certainly not disappointed. One of the criticisms leveled at the first season was the fact that many of the supporting cast came across as very one dimensional and that is certainly addressed in a number of well written episodes that explore each of the characters in more depth. Even the central character of Leslie Knope (played with amazing charm by Poehler) was given the chance to develop further and very few will fail to be drawn in by her endless cheer and optimism even when things are seemingly completely against her.

Of course being a comedy show the most important question will always be is it funny? Well, aside from the odd episode it certainly is, with more than enough humorous moments and one-liners throughout the majority of episodes to keep me laughing and looking forward to picking up season three.
  6. Jul 3, 2012
    My favorite tv show on tv right now, just AMAZING! Keeps getting better and better. Watch it, you won't regret it. Season 2 will make you laugh non stop!
  7. Mar 11, 2011
    Absolutely love this show. It is always so funny and I love the cast. Amy Poehler is so cute and hilarious. The show is always fun and is great on the NBC Thursday night lineup. I hope we continue to see this show on for along time to come.
  8. Jan 20, 2011
    Didnt like the show when it first started but stuck with it.Season 2 improved dramatically,and was hilarious from start to finish.Hope they can keep going in season 3.
  9. Nov 10, 2010
    If you liked the first season, you'll love this. If you didn't like the first season then you'll still like this. Vastly improved over what was already a fantastic show this could well be the best thing on TV from the 09-10 season. I can't wait for season 3!
  10. Oct 17, 2010
    I can't think of a show that ever so dramatically improved over its first season. Its second season was not only consistently hilarious, but was probably the most consistently funny show on all of television last year. The entire ensemble is fantastic, but Nick Offerman steals every scene he is in and was robbed of an Emmy nomination. "The Hunting Trip" was easily my favorite episode of the season, but all in all the season was firing on all cylinders. Expand

Overall, Parks appears to be headed in the right direction.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    There's so much to like here. Now, all P&R has to do is become consistently likable.
  3. Parks was disappointing in its first year but tonight's episode and one airing next week--with a storyline inspired by the Henry Louis Gates-cop kerfluffle--show that the program is making steady, funny progress.