• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 9, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
7.6

1. Sep 10, 2014
    This show is hilarious. It will put you in a good mood, and help to see government in a positive light (which we could use these days.) It is fun and entertaining.
  2. May 6, 2014
    I love Parks & Rec. Amy Poehler is hilarious and lovable in her role as Leslie Knope. I ended up loving many of the P&R characters. Actually, that's what makes it unique as a sitcom. I grew really quite fond of the characters along with being very funny. I cried during some episodes, happy tears, sad tears. How many sitcoms can carry that off?

Wow! No wonder Parks & Rec hasn't won
    awards. The critics don't like it. Boo critics! Expand
  3. Apr 14, 2014
    Cannot get enough of this show! Finally, a sitcom on TV where all the jokes are not about people being mean to each other. Great diverse cast. Keep in coming!
  4. Jul 27, 2013
    My favorite comedy sitcom. I love all the characters and every week I smile after watching an episode. Looking forward to the new season and more Bert Macklin.
  5. Jan 14, 2013
    This review and gangster squad review confirm critics know nothing about anything. This is the best show on TV, you need to watch a couples of episodes before you really appreciate it. Who cares if it's "the same" as the office? And its not!
  6. Dec 15, 2011
    This show is amazing. Beyond amazing. This show is the best comedy on television. Bow down to the queen, and for once, I don't mean Tina Fey. Amy Poehler kills it. The supporting cast kills it. Ron Swanson might be the best supporting character on television. Every week this show is solid. I hope it goes on forever. I want to grow old with this show.
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    This is simple one of the best show i ever watch! Every character is so well done. I think a lot of people is judging the show just for the first season. But the beauty of this show is that every season gets better and better! 10 / 10 !
  8. Sep 23, 2011
    A comparison with The Office is completely understandable since both shows are filmed in a similar way. Amy Poehler is a comedic genius surrounded by a cast that definitely know their art and know how to be supporting actors. I can understand that this type of humour is not for everyone but I can honestly say that this show is one that keeps you coming back and has you asking for more.
  9. Jul 14, 2011
    Next to Bored To Death, this might be the funniest show on television. Nearly every character is a riot, and the writing keeps getting better and better.
  10. May 22, 2011
    I started out watching this show thinking it was an Office rip-off, and in the first few episodes it definitely feels like that. I mean, many of the people who worked for The Office migrated to this show, and it's got the same talking head format. So of course I made that immediate comparison, which turned me off to it initially. But the places they have taken all of the characters, and the stories they've woven around them are just fantastic, engrossing and entertaining. After a while you feel like these people are your good friends and you're peeking in on drama in their lives. That's how it was with The Office at first, but ever since about the end of the 4th season it all started feeling really contrived and I stopped caring about the characters, and they haven't been developing them with the kind of depth that they are developing the characters in Parks and Rec. I love everyone in this cast! Ron and April really stand out to me. Also, while we're making Office/Parks comparisons, one thing that stands out about Parks is that they don't focus on just one central character like in The Office with Michael. I mean, Leslie is the central character but she does not dominate like Michael does. It really feels like an ensemble cast, rather than a lead actor and supporting actors. SO! If you were put off by the first few episodes, or even just the first season, give it another chance, you will NOT regret it. Expand
  11. Apr 18, 2011
    'Kay, here's the deal: if you like intelligent comedy featuring more than two female characters who *gasp* don't exist solely to provide naked scenery, you will probably love Parks and Rec. If you want something more Married With Children, go watch Married With Children.
  12. Mar 11, 2011
    Absolutely love this show. It is always so funny and I love the cast. Amy Poehler is so cute and hilarious. The show is always fun and is great on the NBC Thursday night lineup. I hope we continue to see this show on for along time to come.
  13. Feb 24, 2011
    Liked it immediately. The cast is well-chosen and the comedy they present to the viewer is maybe something of an acquired taste for some (considering the negative reviews), but still, to me it's very funny in its own left-field way. The Ron Swanson character is a future cult-classic. Other favourite series (for reference): Arrested Development, Community, Curb Your Enthousiasm, Louie, 30Rock, ...
  14. Jan 20, 2011
    Parks and Rec is incredibly well-written, acted, and produced. It is hilarious. The characters are great, and the actors that play them our outstanding. I'm so glad NBC brought this show back.
  15. Nov 10, 2010
    Parks and rec is vastly superior to the office in every way. This show is absolute perfection and comedic genius. You really must give it a chance, and if you are a fan of TV which i know you are, you will do yourself a favor and watch this. Great acting, writing and just plain hilarious this show has everything going for it.
  16. Oct 28, 2010
    This show really hits its stride later on. I suggest starting with Season 2, then watching Season 1. It's impossible to not draw comparisons to The Office since they're practically identical in format and share writers, but the formula works as beautifully in a public works setting as it did inside a stuffy office. Each of the characters in this ensemble cast are funny and unique; Ron Swanson and April Ludgate possibly being the funniest of the bunch. Watch this show! Expand
  17. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    Parks and Recreation has soared above and beyond The Office creatively and comically wise. Amy Poehler is perfection as Leslie Knope and Aubrey Plaza is a scene stealer as April Ludgate. If you didn't like it at first, check it out once more. It has improved tremendously. You have to watch this show!

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Series creators Greg Daniels and Michael Schur provide the show with moments of dry wit, and Poehler certainly has acting oblivious down to a wide-eyed science. Yet there's no escaping that this feels like "Office Lite," thrown together as a vehicle for the star rather than out of any grand inspiration.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    All in all, it might be worth sticking with Parks and Recreation, because there are lots of funny little moments that could add up to a great series.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    While I laughed out loud only a few times during Parks' pilot, I dug the performances, the attitude, and the atmosphere that's being created.