• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 20, 2010
  • Season #: 1
7.0

1. Feb 3, 2011
    Perfect Couples is a creative, refreshing and imaginative comedy. The laughs are not derived from gags but unique reactions to situations. The show is highly enjoyable and often hysterical. I hope it catches on with viewers.
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    I tend to judge sitcoms by the writing. Is it funny? Is it clever? Admittedly this genre has been done to death but it made me laugh so...... . It's also nice to see Kyle Bornheimer back after the unfortunate cancellation of Worst Week.
  3. nbc
    Feb 11, 2011
    Well obviously it's not the funniest sitcom ever, but I think it has great potential. Christine Woods is strangely the funniest as Julia ,which I think was supposed to come of as the "straight man" part. Olivia Munn was perfectly cast as Leigh. The writing seems to be improving week by week. Hopefully it can grow into a solid show with a strong audience. And hey, anything is better thanWell obviously it's not the funniest sitcom ever, but I think it has great potential. Christine Woods is strangely the funniest as Julia ,which I think was supposed to come of as the "straight man" part. Olivia Munn was perfectly cast as Leigh. The writing seems to be improving week by week. Hopefully it can grow into a solid show with a strong audience. And hey, anything is better than Outsourced. Expand
  4. Jan 29, 2011
    Although the cast and storyline have potential, the premiere was surprisingly bland and had no substance that made me want to catch the next episode. There were a few cute moments and a few funny lines, but otherwise, the show was tasteless and boring.
  5. JMT
    Jan 28, 2011
    I was initially excited when I heard about the new NBC comedy, Perfect Couples. I thought the premise was intriguing and had potential for some funny situational humor. How blatantly wrong I was...! This show is absolutely horrible. Olivia Munn has quite a buzz around her right now, and she is very funny on her Daily Show appearances, however in Perfect Couples she is shooting herself inI was initially excited when I heard about the new NBC comedy, Perfect Couples. I thought the premise was intriguing and had potential for some funny situational humor. How blatantly wrong I was...! This show is absolutely horrible. Olivia Munn has quite a buzz around her right now, and she is very funny on her Daily Show appearances, however in Perfect Couples she is shooting herself in the foot regarding career advancement. She is capable of so much better work than to be affiliated with such a lame attempt at comedy. NBC is suffering, and Perfect Couples continues that overall trend for the network. I've watched the first two episodes and cannot recall laughing more than once, and that was a bit of a stretch. The show is so over-the-top and exaggerated that they destroy any chance it has at being funny. The idea behind the show had merit, but NBC and the writers managed to turn it into simply a ridiculous, unreal, farce of a storyline that I predict has no chance of survival. I don't think they could salvage it at this point, because for myself and many others it's just not likely we can force ourselves to watch another minute of it. Comedy is supposed to be an exaggeration of real life, but this show goes so far beyond that it leaves you feeling uncomfortable even trying to imagine such stupid people walking amongst us. I would honestly rate the writing and creativity to be on par with the now pathetic SNL, which clearly has lost its way in recent years. Perfect Couples is a perfect example of what NBC should want to avoid becoming. It's much more the type of show you'd expect to see on The WB, or CW, or whatever other amateur network you can think of... Fail!â Expand
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    The premise sucks, we have seen this a thousand times before, but there is something about the cast especially Olivia Munn's character and the goofy guy with the blond chick that make this show watchable and even funny at times. The pilot sucked, so don't be afraid to start with the second episode.
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    Perfect Couples offers laughable insight into the fairly mundane issues that middle-class (and mostly white) Americans wake up and fall asleep to everyday. It could benefit from a bit more diversity and is still finding the right balance between absurdity and realistic situational humor, but all told these half hour installments are fresh and enjoyable. There are some original charactersPerfect Couples offers laughable insight into the fairly mundane issues that middle-class (and mostly white) Americans wake up and fall asleep to everyday. It could benefit from a bit more diversity and is still finding the right balance between absurdity and realistic situational humor, but all told these half hour installments are fresh and enjoyable. There are some original characters written here, most notably a former college lacrosse athlete working as a struggling luxury car salesman and his Vietnamese wedding planner perfectionist wife, who stand in stark contrast to the appropriately mundane "everyman" couple and the goofy and harebrained couple. Despite varying levels of material to work with, all six actors handle their part nicely. All told, this show channels Griswald-era National Lampoon stylings while breaking free from the recent mockumentary mold framing contemporary primetime comedy. Worth a watch! Expand
  8. Feb 21, 2011
    It's DEFINITELY worth a watch and this show seems to be gaining a lot of momentum among my friends. The casting was done extremely well and just watching the characters facial expressions and interaction with one another is quite amusing. This seems like another 'Arrested Development' case where the severe lack of advertisement will get this wonderful show cancelled.
  9. Mar 31, 2011
    My husband and I love this show. The characters are hilarious and play off of each other so well! It did not take us long to catch on to the personality types and even relate them to people we know. This show is easy for us to catch when we can and still appreciate it. We do not always have Thursday nights free but when we do this is the show we watch to unwind and kick off Friday.
  10. May 10, 2011
    Love this show! I don't know if I would say all of it's plot lines are original , but we see recycled plot lines all the time in the sitcom world. So when plot lines give you deja-vu, you have to rely on how likable the characters are and the actors portraying them. Perfect Couples is perfect in this sense. The characters/actors make it all worth watching. I haven't been this bummedLove this show! I don't know if I would say all of it's plot lines are original , but we see recycled plot lines all the time in the sitcom world. So when plot lines give you deja-vu, you have to rely on how likable the characters are and the actors portraying them. Perfect Couples is perfect in this sense. The characters/actors make it all worth watching. I haven't been this bummed about a show that (may or may not) be canceled since Better Off Ted. It's a shame because of all the other new couples shows out right now (Traffic Light, Mad Love etc), can't hold a candle to the Perfect Couple cast. Well, Judy Greer is the only good thing about Mad Love. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 24, 2011
    It's well cast but conceptually unadventurous. [31 Jan 2011, p.39]
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jan 20, 2011
    There are some likable actors here, and funny moments here and there, but the two episodes I've seen suggest a show not in the league of the established comedies NBC has on that night.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Jan 20, 2011
    There's nothing really wrong with the show, at least nothing you can easily put your finger on. It just lacks that elusive but absolutely necessary spark of life that turns a stack of script pages and publicity stills into something that will stop you from clicking the remote.