• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.6

1. Oct 4, 2012
    Season 2 started off faster and with more intrigue than season 1. The writing on the show remains very solid for a show without a continuous story line, although it does have some reoccurring plots. The acting and character development are top notch. If the premier is any indication, season 2 should put this show among the best on TV.
  2. Jan 4, 2013
    Great show. Keeps getting better. I like the plot and character development. Even though the show is formulaic it never really gets old -- the underlying story is always there.
  3. Jun 24, 2013
    Not as good as season 1. There were too many times where they deviated from the plot that I enjoyed so much. Still great, but I'm hoping that they return to what season 1 was in season 3.
  4. Jan 4, 2013
    Great show with superb plots and lots of action. Character development is also being addressed a lot more along with lots of action and suspense. Highly recommend this series.
  5. Jun 27, 2013
    I enjoyed the first series, despite the strong paranoid feeling and the setting in a cold and bleak New York. The plot was quite complex, but complexity was added value and separated POI from the usual crimes shows.

However, I totally disliked the introduction of the "Root" character. We were already juggling with: Finch, the enigmatic billionaire genius who built the "machine"; Reese,
    the ex-military superman with a broken heart; Carter and Fusco two very different police officers; a bunch of corrupted cops; mysterious CIA and FBI agents hunting Reese; more mysterious characters hunting Finch, not to forget the "machine" itself.
    Already quite enough to deal with.

Unfortunately, somebody thought we needed to have a super-baddie, who somehow got to know all about the "machine". I guess out of political correctness, the wrongdoer is a woman, and to compound the felony, she is young, pretty and well dressed.

As if that was not enough, she works as a shrink for "exclusive" patients, knows chemistry well enough to mix poisonous concoctions and is a master hacker. All this at her young age (I guess very early thirties). So I do wonder how this woman found the time to get an agenda full of appointments with exclusive patients, while working with the criminal underworld and getting a degree in chemistry.Finally, she is that annoying character who always plan 100 moves in advance and gets them all right, without a single mistake or unexpected events stopping in her in her way.

I just started watching the second series and hope to see Root disappear fast, although I am afraid she will not, ruining this great show.
  6. Nov 11, 2012
    Great show :) The acting and character development are top notch. If the premier is any indication, season 2 should put this show among the best on TV.
  7. May 10, 2014
    I very much enjoyed Season 1, especially episode 22 "No Good Deed". However, Season 2 is suffering from Hollywood Writers' Guild plague, "the audience is stupid", so we can make the Feds and other groups break all the rules of good tradecraft, for example allowing various characters to observe activities from parked cars without being seen or challenged. I am also not a fan of villains who know things they cannot possibly know, always one step ahead of the protagonists. This is lazy writing, typical Hollywood Writers' Guild. Expand
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    Person of Interest season 2 go high with more consistent episodes, more action, great characters development, excellent and smart script. This is for sure one of the best show on TV today. "The Contingency" is most expected and enjoyed season premiere of the fall season.
  9. Jan 25, 2013
    Would be so happy to be wrong. Person of Interest has to Jonathan Nolan after racks, everyone should remember his work along with his brother Chris. The idea of the show is exceptional, but like almost all the series in the U.S., are subject to sales. In the second season I am more attracted the flashback that the series itself. I mean, in short, without the pressure of the CBS network, each chapter would be better. Collapse
  10. Jun 24, 2014
    Season 2 gets even better, but that was expected. The people behind this show are geniuses and the action is better, villains are more entertaining, etc
  11. Sep 25, 2013
    Great show. Keeps getting better. I like the plot and character development, a lot better than season 1, great show with superb plots and lots of action

There are no critic reviews yet.