• Network: TNT
Season #: 1, 2
5.5

1. MattD.
    Oct 8, 2008
    It is refreshing to see the courtroom and the justice system portrayed for it is actually like in real life. I am a public defender and for once a tv show actually tells the story of what it is like from a perspective other than the cops and the DA. I identify with the characters in this story and when people ask me why I do my job or how can I defend these people I tell them to watch It is refreshing to see the courtroom and the justice system portrayed for it is actually like in real life. I am a public defender and for once a tv show actually tells the story of what it is like from a perspective other than the cops and the DA. I identify with the characters in this story and when people ask me why I do my job or how can I defend these people I tell them to watch this show because this is the closest it gets. Some of it is over the top but there are judges like that and Da's that play fast and loose with the rules. For those who hate the show, either they are law enforcement or have never been on the inside looking out in a courtroom. Thanks Bochco for looking at the system from all sides and not the law and order side that the public has been spoon fed forever! Expand
  2. PatrickM.
    Sep 19, 2008
    Awesome show.. awesome cast....another winner from Bochco!!!
  3. seanb
    Aug 4, 2009
    One of the best shows that I have watched ever.
  4. Yaele
    Jul 30, 2009
    After the first few episodes this show bloomed into one of the best drams on TV and a sobering look at the American judiciary system.
  5. RickS.
    Oct 22, 2008
    I love this show! it's picked up speed now, and puts a fair bit of action into each episode. Jane Kacz is wonderful: she's found her perfect role.
  6. NYPD
    Oct 28, 2008
    This is currently my favorite show on tv -- very realistic -- great characters -- interesting plot -- hope it stays around for awhile.
  7. BernardoS.
    Sep 11, 2008
    good cast and nice story so far, although i hope it gets more exciting and new stuff under the risk of getting just another boring series.
  8. CandiceL.
    Sep 6, 2008
    Loved it and cant wait to see next episode.
  9. DPA
    Sep 16, 2008
    just saw yesterday's episode--i thought it was good. it didn't seem ponderous or clumsy last night--i thought the story lines integrated nicely, and while the actors ham it up a bit, and the sexual tension can be a bit cheesy, it was still an entertaining watch. it obviously skews defense-friendly, but the world of tv justice shows needs that. (law and order's intro says just saw yesterday's episode--i thought it was good. it didn't seem ponderous or clumsy last night--i thought the story lines integrated nicely, and while the actors ham it up a bit, and the sexual tension can be a bit cheesy, it was still an entertaining watch. it obviously skews defense-friendly, but the world of tv justice shows needs that. (law and order's intro says there's only two parts to the justice system--cops & prosecutors.) it was nice to have defendants who aren't one-dimensional. Expand

These are some of the most lackluster, unimaginative trials brought to TV in years, as every defendant's guilt or innocence is written all over his or her face from the get-go.
    Bochco has made the most cutting-edge drama--of 1994. These thinly drawn characters aren't compelling, and the entire production feels dated and stagey.
    The series seems to always eschew Hollywood-style courtroom theatrics and gotcha moments for resolutions that seem truer because they involve mistakes, bad timing, compromises, dubious ethics and sweated-out smarts.