• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 21, 2004
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
7.4

1. Jul 21, 2011
    Thus Far for season 7, we are right back to the same witty comedy as previous seasons. The only knock I have on this series this and last season, is there is far less heavy emotional segments as previous seasons. I think the comedy is definitely there, we just would like to see more low points in the story. It seems too light-hearted as of recently. Still love the show though!
  2. Sep 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The final show is simply fantastic. I was all ready for Tommy, et al to be dead and when Lou is giving a fantastic eulogy, I am still assuming that is the case. This show does not pull the tears (except when laughing so hard you can't breathe). Some of the scenes are simply hilarious -- the scene with the ashes in the car (and replacing them with cake mix!!!!) just had me almost on the floor laughing. What a great way to end a great show! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Sep 6, 2011
    The end result is funny in spots, overly gross in others and upbeat in Rescue Me's typically offbeat fashion.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Aug 4, 2011
    Denis Leary's superb comedy-drama about New York City firefighters, will end its seven-year run a few days before the 10th anniversary of 9/11. [15 Aug 2011, p.34]
  3. Reviewed by: Aaron Riccio
    Jul 15, 2011
    Apart from a few dry, ashy chuckles conjured up by memories of what Rescue Me once was, this final season is about as useful as a lighter in a vacuum: Forget fresh air, there's no air left on which to cast a spark.