• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
5.8

1. Jun 11, 2013
    I honestly, really don't know what to do with this show. They keep hitting us with plot twists and MIND-BLOWING storylines that make you yell out "Oh My God that did not just happen" at each ending of a weekly episode. It's storyline is rich, it's pinch of sense of humor is a charm, and I believe the acting could be better by Elizabeth, Tracy, Zak. Well because you never get through a scene without seeing Elizabeth crying. You never get through a scene where Zak doesn't have that "what on earth is going on?" look. And Tracy is just so ambitious which is one day going to make her fans hate her, however I really praise Billy Burke. Hands down, best NEW show of the season. Expand
  2. Oct 17, 2013
    Revolution is a cross-breed of two of my most favorite series: Nikita and The Walking Dead. Screw all those scientific disapprovals others have about the settings. You don't watch Revolution because you care about the science, you watch it because you care about how the fates of the characters will turn out and how they deal their lives in a post-apocalyptic setup.
  3. Nov 30, 2012
    It's not the most intriguing pilot of the history, but Revolution bring good action, adventure and interesting elements of sci-fi. If you like this things that is your show, J.J. Abrams and Erik Kripke build whole new world without energy and control by milicias, definitely deserves a chance to have your attention.
  4. Mar 11, 2013
    Revolution is a really an under rated show, it's one of the best shows there is. J.J. Abrams is one of best producers for Science fiction shows in the world.
  5. Oct 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The show started out kind of slow but after the 3rd episode it is really really good. Last nights episode one of the characters dies and I actually shed a tear it was so well acted. Expand
  6. Nov 3, 2012
    Although many people are claiming that the apocalypse scenario of the electronics collapsing and physics going insane are the problem with the show, I feel that this gives the show a cohesive plot line with the mystery of the problem. If everything was laid out in front of you at the beginning of the show there would be no incentive to delve deeper into the story that it offers. However, a few of the actors fall short of the adequate amount of acting actually required to make me like their characters, with the notable exceptions of Esposito of Breaking Bad fame and Burke's leading role after Twilight, many of the actors are newcomers and therefore a slight transition into the characters is to be expected. While not on the standard of shows such as Homeland, Mad Men or Breaking Bad, it's still a light hearted action romp created by the guys that brought you Alias, Lost and Supernatural. If you're going into the show expecting another Downton Abbey you'll be sorely disappointed, but as far as a television show goes, Revolution is good to sit down and switch off once a week and let the story wash over you. Too much time spent deconstructing the story itself may ruin the fun, but the mystery of the power outage and the main character's quests to discover this will be shared by millions of viewers world wide. Expand
  7. Apr 9, 2013
    The comeback of the show was great and the episodes are getting better and bloodier, I think the show needs another great tv actor to attracts more viewers.Idea is fantastic and i just hope the show will be with us at least a few more years!
  8. Sep 27, 2012
    Acting needs to improve but there's too much talent working on this show for it not to be good. I'm predicting it'll become a solid show by episode five.
  9. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really like this show and am a bit surprised by all of the negativity I'm seeing in these comments. I'm a sucker for dystopian-type stories, though, so maybe my overall excitement for a dystopian TV show allows me to overlook plot inconsistencies, not the greatest but definitely not the worst acting, etc. Also, I watched Lost and that show was had enough confusing plot lines and unanswered questions to write a full-length book (and someone probably has, I'd wager). Anyway, if you're into dystopian settings and can overlook some inconsistencies to see the overarching story (the forest through the trees kind of deal), then I think Revolution is worth taking a good look at. I know I'll be tuning in each week and hopefully for a while longer! Though, I have to say (HERE COMES THE SPOILER), I wish they hadn't killed Danny. That didn't seem entirely necessary to me. Though I guess Rachel (aka Juliet, one of my favorite Losties) needed to dig whatever that device was out of his stomach..... Expand
  10. May 27, 2013
    Great story line, show, and characters. It brings happiness to an otherwise dreadful Monday. It's a great action show and a show that NBC was in need of.
  11. Jun 5, 2013
    I Generally think this show is brilliant.

Great idea & much more to come.

1 main point is that it is a very open idea for a show which may lead to all sorts of outcomes.

Graphics of this show are amazing aswell
  12. Sep 17, 2013
    i have watched every episode and can't wait until season 2. this show has really captured my attention! Eric Kripke keep up the good work and go on like NCIS.
  13. Oct 7, 2013
    Great show, great characters, many twists. I am not a big science-fiction fan but Revolution is enough to keep me interested week to week. Yes, it isn't perfect, but it's sci-fi so not everything is going to be cohesive with reality.
  14. Oct 24, 2013
    This I will admit almost lost me during the first few episodes, but the second half of the season was incredibly strong with tension, much more believable relationships between the actors, and a finale which tied up loose strings whilst blowing the show's concept wide open for future seasons. Elizabeth Mitchell is always watchable, and the others grew into their roles. The latter half reminded me a little of the earlier seasons of Lost which in its earlier seasons I loved. Expand
  15. Dec 22, 2013
    Great TV series, lots of action and suspense. Love the story line and can't wait to see more. It's a movie for great minds and actors could be prettier but all in all it's an amazing tv series.
  16. Jun 11, 2014
    This is my favorite post-apocalyptic show! In addition, it's the most realistic post-apocalyptic show as well, and aside from that it has characters anyone can relate to played by a great cast!!!

1. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    Sep 24, 2012
    Revolution had better worry about generating some voltage of its own. The pilot was excellent, but where does it go from here?
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 21, 2012
    This is well-produced, but it could just as well be Mission:Colonial. [1 Oct 2012, p.38]
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Sep 18, 2012
    On the bright side, no one is in danger of having to watch this inert action show.