• Network: Lifetime
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 11, 2011
  • Season #: 1
3.0

1. Aug 19, 2011
    I'm from Russia.And, fairly,I wanted to vomit, when I had been watching this show, because level of improbability and delirium read off scale. Russian girls in a reality not such spoiled and stupid stinkers, as shown in that show. This is a "reality-show", which continues tradition to bend representation about Russia and Russian people In USA .I would advise to you not to watch this showI'm from Russia.And, fairly,I wanted to vomit, when I had been watching this show, because level of improbability and delirium read off scale. Russian girls in a reality not such spoiled and stupid stinkers, as shown in that show. This is a "reality-show", which continues tradition to bend representation about Russia and Russian people In USA .I would advise to you not to watch this show and to spend more time with a family and friends Expand
  2. Aug 21, 2011
    First of all - these people are not Russian, I flinched every time they spoke about their "Russian culture", "Russian family", etc. Everyone in this show comes from a very provincial tradition of Russian Jewry, it's a subculture not a single Russian is admiring or belongs to. Imagine Russian TV making a show with - say - some Cajuns from a very backward areas in Louisiana and representingFirst of all - these people are not Russian, I flinched every time they spoke about their "Russian culture", "Russian family", etc. Everyone in this show comes from a very provincial tradition of Russian Jewry, it's a subculture not a single Russian is admiring or belongs to. Imagine Russian TV making a show with - say - some Cajuns from a very backward areas in Louisiana and representing that exotic minority as Americans.

I'm aware that USA is a nation made of many ethnic groups but I think you understand what I mean.

The people from this show (the older generation) held the Russian passports, they speak (heavily accented and lowbrow) Russian, but presenting them as Russians is wrong.
  3. Aug 29, 2011
      I watched with interest the three episodes of the show, but I was very disappointed with the representation of the Russian community on the show. I came to Brooklyn when I was eight and grew up near Brighton beach. I was shocked at how the community is being represented on the show. Yes we love to party and go to banya, we take pride in how we dress and look but  I watched with interest the three episodes of the show, but I was very disappointed with the representation of the Russian community on the show. I came to Brooklyn when I was eight and grew up near Brighton beach. I was shocked at how the community is being represented on the show. Yes we love to party and go to banya, we take pride in how we dress and look but unlike on the show , Russian American women work hard to succeed. I wish the producers of the show would have chosen beautiful, successful Russian girls that contribute to society i.e. The Real Russian Dolls.... Just for the record calling your your mother a b.... on and off the camera is never acceptable in the Russian community. Expand
  4. Sep 3, 2011
    They are Jewish not Russian. Jews who left Russia because they didn't like it's culture and principles. To represent Russia and claim it's tradition is awkwardly wrong. The drama is all real and that's how those Jews (Not Russians) really act in Brooklyn. They are brave to put themselves out there by representing their own lifestyle but never a Russian one.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Aug 12, 2011
    It's tacky, da--or should we say duh?--but likable. [22 Aug 2011, p.45]
  2. Reviewed by: David Knowles
    Aug 12, 2011
    A sassy piece of voyeuristic candy that explores the Russian immigrant community of Brighton Beach, N.Y.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Aug 11, 2011
    It feels like a retread--and a toothless one at that.