Sanctuary : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
6.5

1. ChrisC.
    Oct 4, 2008
    Non-inspiring storyline. Undeveloped subplots which must have been an attempt at 'cliffhanging' subplots yet, instead, felt empty and insulting. Unimpressive acting by Tapping who made a sad attempt at a british accent which didn't seem completely critical for the story. As sad as I am to see Battlestar Galactica gone, I'm more disappointed to see SciFi end great shows Non-inspiring storyline. Undeveloped subplots which must have been an attempt at 'cliffhanging' subplots yet, instead, felt empty and insulting. Unimpressive acting by Tapping who made a sad attempt at a british accent which didn't seem completely critical for the story. As sad as I am to see Battlestar Galactica gone, I'm more disappointed to see SciFi end great shows like BG and attempt weak replacements like this. Expand
  2. JonB.
    Dec 8, 2008
    The show tries to be a new generation X-Files with a quarter of the budget and even less direction. The writing is sub par at best, and Amanda Tapping's fake English accent is terrible!
  3. MikeB.
    Oct 28, 2008
    I will watch the series because I like anything that stirs the imagination. I will however tape the series, definitely better things to do with my Friday night.

Sanctuary’s pace is a little on the stately side, and the show is competent if not particularly innovative sci-fi.
  2. Much of it feels dreadfully slow, not so much moody as stretched for time....Things do pick up significantly with the arrival of Christopher Heyerdahl as John Druitt.
    Given that, let me also say that virtual sets don't make up for virtual plots. Not that Sanctuary doesn't have its moments, and those moments might prove to be fast and furious after tonight's two-hour premiere when the show goes to a more manageable one-hour format.