• Network: TLC
  • Season #: 1
1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 26 Ratings

1. Dec 11, 2010
    I can't believe a guy lives next to Sarah Plain for the sake of writing about her. God bless him, because she's not interesting at all. Her show is boring, and we ALL know that the only reason she's doing this is for the fame. Fame is all this woman cares about, and it's clear when you combine her motives with what she says. Dissing on immigrants in the middle of her show is absolutely abominable and distasteful. Expand
  2. Dec 4, 2010
    While I don't mind a nature show set in Alaska, I do not want a Sarah Palin nature show! It would be no different then the right-wing biased Fox News!
  3. Dec 19, 2010
    nobody cares, why is this on T.V.? i fell asleep watching this boring ass show, and when i wasn't sleeping i was stunned at the stupid crap flowing out of Palins mouth. to sum it up, there were better shows then this garbage that got canceled after the first episode.
  4. Dec 20, 2010
    A truly awful show presented by a truly boring woman. I thought the political ads had finished for now but this is a really low-brow grab for attention. Make it your New Year's resolution to avoid this show at all costs.
  5. Jan 1, 2011
    Its sad that people are so mean and hateful. This show is worth watching don't listen to the other reviewers. Their hate is obvious here and its wrong. This show is on average more interesting than the current highest rated reality show, Undercover Boss, and despite what some hateful critics have said you learn a lot about Alaska. Like the fact that the eskimos are still very seperated from regular society which surprised me, you also learn that Sarah is related to them which I think is very important in understanding her. Very enjoyable, yet probably won't last past one or two seasons. Expand
  6. Jun 19, 2011
    The most self-indulgent, brainless, and disgustingly pandering show I've ever suffered through. The only reason I've given it 2 instead of 0 is because it was fun to yell at, and because Alaska is a pretty state. I watched one episode. That is too much for me, and it is too much for humanity. God help us all if this show continues to be aired. Shame on you TLC for creating this show. Shame. On. You. Expand
  7. Jun 23, 2011
    If you can put on 'pause' or separate your opinions about Palin's political life and views, this is an enjoyable program for the following reasons: the visuals of Alaska are beyond stunning when watched in HD. As a reality program, it fails miserably because the reality is boring. However, the trips they take and outdoor activities are enjoyable to watch.

If you are naturally averse
    to television which includes hunting as a minor component and condones it, this is not for you.

Beyond those things, the program is 90% about life and the beauty of Alaska for her family and 10% her political aspirations.
  8. Jul 5, 2011
    This must be the worst idea I have ever heard for any show in history. A show about the most hated politician in America. What is wrong with TLC? They must regret that.

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Dec 9, 2010
    Every scene, no matter where it's filmed, inevitably seems to become some kind of Palin political dispatch.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 9, 2010
    It's the fabulous shamelessness, the awful and yet admirable brilliance of the thing. Whether Palin will ever run for office or not, Sarah Palin's Alaska sets a new standard for political ads.
  3. Reviewed by: Jonathan Storm
    Dec 9, 2010
    It delivers only a couple of brown bears and virtually no entertainment, but plenty of Palin, Palin, and more Palin.