- Summary: The Canadian supernatural medical drama begins with Hope Zion's Chief of Surgery Charles Harris (Michael Shanks) in a coma after a car accident. He discovers he can move around the hospital in spirit form to observe what is happening around him.
- Genre(s): Drama, Science Fiction
- Show Type: Between Seasons
- Season 1 premiere date: Jun 7, 2012
- Episode Length: 60
- Air Time: 09:00 PM
- More Details and Credits »
4This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Saving Hope" only just became interesting in the character aspect with the ortho surgeon( the dude from Vampire Diaries) denying his lover a part on the hand reattachment surgery. Other than that? The character development kind of sucks with the majority of the characters seem to date.
I wish to see more of the OCD neuro guy and his partner as I find the neuro guy such an interesting character I mean it's rare to see a show where one of the main characters or supporting characters just know who they are and are not afraid to say hey look. I just don't do that. The leading lady is a terrible actor and it seems like she has no idea what she is doing. And with five weeks since Charlie entered his coma... I don't think she will have the skills to pull off the torment that she will need to be feeling with wanting to be by Charlie's side and wanting to live. Michael Shanks, well I love him as an actor but I don't feel that he is being challenged in this series. It's like he stands around with his hands in his pockets waiting for something to happen. Come on writers! Give him something anything to do! Just please do not do the cliche thing of one episode of Charlie where he thinks he wakes up and blah blah blah. That would just be silly. I'm sad to say it, but "Saving Hope" has very little going for it other than there is nothing else to watch in that time slot.… Expand