• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 5, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.0

1. Apr 6, 2012
    This show had a lot of promise and decent production values but the writing and acting are simply horrible, on the caliber of high school. The characters are unimaginative stereotypes which allows you to know what's going to happen in every scene without any effort. After slogging through this premiere ep I couldn't delete it fast enough and to unschedule all future recordings of it - this show needs to be cancelled asap. Expand
  2. Apr 7, 2012
    I lasted 15 minutes! Shonda you're a classmate but I can't stand your material. You present people as adolescent chatter boxes who glibly represent some shallow world I've never experienced nor want to. Souffles of faux angst and hollow people.
  3. Apr 5, 2012
    Wow, this show is painful to watch. If you like **** manipulative lawyers, being as awful as possible, then go ahead and watch it. Grey's Anatomy but they specialize in being terrible human beings.
  4. Apr 8, 2012
    Very disappointing. Unbelievable storyline, no depth to the acting. I lasted 20 minutes and could not continue. I particularly didn't like the lead character who so seemed somewhat vacuous.
  5. Apr 8, 2012
    Based only in the pilot, this show was a bad mix of unbelievable characters, bad dialogs and cliché stories. We have a great and powerful lobbyist and a group of lawyers that could do anything for their clients, because they solve crisis, so they don't have to play by the rules.
    It sounded decent in paper, but there is no good reason to watch the show unless they add some
    depth to the characters, make them believable and improve the stories a lot. I really hope S.R. can improve, being a fan of some of her other shows. Expand
  6. Oct 26, 2012
    The show started out with promise, but it has been reduced to a show where everyone shouts condescending speeches at each other. There are a few just whiny and awful characters that need to go. The main characters are good if they could have better writing. I hope the show gets back to a more realistic dialogue.
  7. Apr 12, 2012
    Watched for about eight minutes. Not exactly sure why stuff like this gets made, it is like watching a mashup of the worst parts of ten different shows. Very poor.
  8. Nov 30, 2013
    Scandal would be more appropriately titled "The Adventures of Mary Sue." Olivia Pope is the worst Mary Sue character since Wesley Crusher. But in this show, it's worse, because she's not some minor character--she's in the starring role. Pope is so brilliant that she's semi-psychic and can immediately deduce whether someone is telling the truth. She's so beautiful and charming that the President of the United States falls in love with her literally within five minutes of meeting her. People threaten to quit their jobs if she's mistreated. She can bully the U.S. Attorney General around and he'll still call her his friend at the end of the day.

It's not in the show, but I'm pretty sure she also has nine Olympic gold medals and once saved some orphans by knocking out a grizzly bear with an uppercut to its testicles.

The Mary Sue problem destroys the show. It makes it borderline unwatchable. There can be no genuine conflict in a show centered around the idea of "Look how AMAZING this woman is!! No, seriously, keep watching, we're going to keep telling you she's BRILLIANT AND SEXY AND PERFECT."
  9. Apr 1, 2014
    So I've only watched the first episode of the first season, and I am really disappointed. It's a miracle it even has a score higher than 6/10. It just throws a whole bunch of stuff in your face and expects you to sit back and enjoy it. I don't get it. It's an irritating show, with irritating characters, and a ridiculous over-the-top plot that somehow manages to be boring. I'm going to watch the second episode, and if I don't like that either, I'm done with this show. Expand
  10. Mar 23, 2014
    Kerry Washington totally ruins this otherwise pretty good series. I don't think I ever saw such poor acting anywhere else. Every single scene she plays is overacted and fake.
  11. Mar 29, 2014
    The acting by the major characters is absolutely terrible, the worst culprit being the lead character, "Olivia Pope," who seems to think acrobatic facial twitches while yelling at people is acting. The main characters are unlikable. The President is a putz and the aforementioned lead character is a moron. The supporting characters are great, but they have too much idiocy to overcome. I powered through 6 shows because this was recommended to me and I thought there must be more to it. I can pretty safely say I tried. Don't waste precious hours of your life on this. Expand
  12. Sep 4, 2014
    I've just finished the first season and for every episode I thought how pathetic is this show. Kerry Washington is beautiful but her acting is fake. How can be possible she was nominated at the last Emmys?!?
  13. Sep 21, 2014
    Well first, the show is a bad reflection and demeaning of US politics. Second Olivia Pope Played by Kerry Washington has sex with multiple men (a slut with no moral , she watches her dad kill, she knows that Jake is sicko Jake serial killer and has sex and hangs out with him and the creepy Huck the psycho dude who is having sex in the streets and open places with Quinn. Cyrus is a really creepy psycho dude to. Blow to morality in the United States! Expand
  14. Nov 11, 2014
    I do not even know where to start. Does anybody in the cast know how to act? Or is the director simply craycray. The script is ridiculous, seriously, make it real, when we watch a show we want to immerse in it and do not even notice if its acting or reality, they just do not get it, the dumb repetition, the completely long and fake monologues, just a minute makes you feel lime you are watching a 7th grade drama project. And what is going on with the way they speak, paused and like they are on meth. I. WILL. SOLVE. THIS. THIS. IS. MY. FAULT. KILLING. IS. GOOD. ITS. WHO. I. AM. Really? I usually watch these series to see what happens with the dialogues, whit the actors, maybe to see some improvement but Scandal was a burden to watch, i could not make it after season 3, enough is enough. I do not recommend it even if you are looking for something dull to see. The characters are very bad, nonsensical, the plot is even worse, the acting (if you can call it that) makes me want to cry, Kerry Washington should seriously consider another career. Expand

It's the new Revenge, but so much goofier and more shameless that it makes Revenge look comparatively measured.
  2. Reviewed by: Nancy DeWolf Smith
    Apr 6, 2012
    It's still a fun, fast ride, with lots of twists and turns, murder and menace, and after only a few episodes we know enough back story about most of the main characters to care what happens to them.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Apr 5, 2012
    Rhimes hustles the audience into episodes in the middle of things. Pope and her colleagues speak at a clip suggesting years of study at the West Wing School of Elocution and Composition. In the rush, I scarcely had time to scoff at the over-the-top content of the pilot.