Sharknado

• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 11, 2013
4.8

1. Nov 26, 2013
    This movie is so ridiculous, I can't even put it in words. It has it all, from the worst drama scenes to the absolutely terrible shark CGI. I don't watch these movies because their good, I watch them because they're so stupidly hilarious.
  2. Aug 1, 2016
    This movie is great and started off the great series! This one is my second favorite out of the four sharknado movies (my first is the second one). So this movie is hilarious.
  3. Aug 9, 2014
    Hilarious comedy horror movie with all the characters doing seemingly stupid things for no reason from start to finish. Why Fins ex Mrs kept hold of an electric hedge trimmer throughout the shark attack is beyond me especially as it wasn't even plugged in!!

Not as good as Black Sheep even though it is even more unrealistic, I mean a sheep driving a land rover is both funnier and more realistic.
  4. Aug 8, 2013
    The script is horrible, the acting awful, the 'special effects' incredibly cheap and there are more plot holes and convenient happenings than I could possibly list here.

On the other hand there are tornadoes full of sharks and, at one point, a man jumps in slow motion into the mouth of a shark before chain sawing his way out. If that doesn't make you want to watch Sharknado nothing will.
  5. Mar 6, 2014
    The intended use of this movie is to be made fun. Best with a couple of open minded friends, sharing some drinks and laughter. That is just what we did and yes we had a lot of fun.

If you want to watch ice age or gravity. Go and watch ice age or gravity and have some fun. But hell do not put sharknado in the dvd player and expect to magically get some ice age, gravity or schindlers list on your tv screen. Expectations...
  6. Jul 18, 2013
    Sharknado is a classic among Syfy's B movies. It combines awesome sharks, guns, Hummers, and natural disasters into one epic movie. What some people don't understand is that the bad acting, the cheesy lines and the unrealistic plot make it funny. That's half the fun, laughing at the horrible mistakes.
  7. Aug 14, 2013
    The best movie i have ever seen so funny and still dramatic 10 out of 10 all the way!!! i dont know why people dont like it i want to watch them all over again!!!
  8. Jul 30, 2014
    Stupid fun. It's absurd, poorly acted, and has crappy special effects. Basically everything you would expect from a "SyFy" original movie, only with a lot more fun. The enjoyment from this movie stems from how absurdly stupid it all is. I couldn't help but have a blast with it. While I wouldn't use the word good to describe it, I would use fun. Sometimes that's all that matters.
  9. Jul 25, 2015
    The acting is bad,the CGi is horrible,the script is non-existent and the whole movie is just a big mess.Ian Ziering was not that bad and the movie can be one of the "So-bad it's good" movies.
  10. Jan 20, 2016
    Summary: Awfully acted, but stupidly enjoyable. Sharknado is a very insane TV movie that will entertain horror buffs and beyond. 67/100 [B-]

A freak hurricane hits Los Angeles, causing man-eating sharks to be scooped up in tornadoes and flooding the city with shark-infested seawater. Surfer and bar-owner Fin sets out with his friends Baz and Nova to rescue his estranged wife April and teenage daughter Claudia. Sharknado is an awful film, but I enjoyed its stupidness. Critics are right, it is so bad, it is good. The visual effects looked intentionally bad, and the performances were laughable. It is kind of a guilty pleasure.

But there is something that I really liked about Sharknado, and it was its humor. This movie was hilarious and so damn entertaining. It reminded me a lot to Zombieland, because both have the same sense of humor and insanity. I dare to say that Sharknado is the most hilarious horror-comedy since Zombieland. Even though some scares and deaths were very predictable, I still enjoyed this flick. It is great to watch a film that knows what it is doing and does it well.

Tara Reid is probably one of the worst actresses in recent memory, she sucked in this movie. But that was the point, right? Sharknado is awfully good and I do not know if that makes sense to you. In addition, Ian Ziering was amazing, he was a badass in this film. Also, the direction was interesting, especially in its final 10 minutes, there was a strangely awesome moment that blew my mind. In conclusion, the first half was somewhat boring and predictable, but the second half was bloody-fun, unpredictable and highly entertaining. I liked it. [B-]
  11. Mar 24, 2017
    This movie is a piece of sh###t, and i love this because it. This movie is terrible bad. I never see nothing like, Just watch and laught. Terrible CGI, terrible artists. Just Watch.
  12. Mar 20, 2017
    THIS IS A WHITE MOVIE DONE BY WHITE PEOPLE, I LOVE IT!
    NO **** IN THIS MOVIE AND THAT MAKES IT GOOD, **** SUCK!!!
    THEY DON'T HAVE RIGHTS!!!
    **** THEM ****
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 18, 2013
    It’s absurd. It’s ridiculous. If you’re a fan of low-budget horror movies and you miss it, you will regret it for the rest of your life.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jul 12, 2013
    It's the whole over-the-top insanity of it all, the splendid and glorious belief that if you say even god-awful lines firmly enough, if you look hot while drawing some weapon with which you clearly have no familiarity, if you acknowledge the yawning chasms in plot by saying things like "This is crazy" and "Do you trust me?" often enough, your audience will stay with you. Which is the creative spirit that drives this town, shared by the masterpiece and the utter mess alike.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jul 12, 2013
    This brilliantly executed concept--the title, the casting, the squiggly tornado CGI--was the most delicious chum, and we are creatures of instinct.