Sit Down, Shut Up : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.2

1. andret
    Apr 20, 2009
    It was barely funny. They tried to put too much, with too many and you get a very diffuse and unfocus result.
  2. MichaelP
    Jul 3, 2009
    It could be good, like an 7 or 8, however its missing something. But I can't figure out what...
  3. May 29, 2012
    Not What You Would Want In A Animated Show..
    Sit Down Shut Up Tries So Hard To Be Funny, But Sadly Is Not...
    I Do Like The Animation Style..
    I Think In Bits This Show Is Ok...
  4. Oct 22, 2010
    Non-Stop fun occurs in laugh-filled take on high school. The Arrested Development cast lend their voices brilliantly whilst other voice talent such as Kristin Chenoweth & Kenan Thompson are perfectly fit for it.
  5. Feb 20, 2011
    I Have Only Seen 2 Ep's And What I Saw Of "Sit Down, Shut Up" Was Good... The Show Is Funny, Very Good Voice Acting.. Once In A While The Jokes Seem "Crude"...
    Overall This Is A Good Show... But Of Corse You Wont See More Of It Since It Was Canceled....
  6. Mar 17, 2012
    The show was funny, with a few painful parts in between the funny parts.
  7. RickyQ.
    Apr 20, 2009
    Not bad, it's not Arrested Development, but definitely has some decent laughs. Give it a try!
  8. RustyS
    May 4, 2009
    Stick with this show, people. The first episode was amusing at best (thanks to Will Forte) but was filled with stale jokes and a lame plot. The second episode picked it up a bit, but it's the third episode that is the first truly classic one. This is a show you have to pay attention to - everything in the show is simply a setup for its brilliant dialogue.
  9. AnthonyS
    Oct 31, 2009
    I find it surprising to find that the Cleveland show is doing so well, and this didn't, because this actually provides real entertainment. Poor Mitchell will never get the real credit that he deserves.
  10. briana
    Apr 21, 2009
    I had the same reaction to this show in the first few minutes that i initially had to Arrested Devlopment, which was mildly amused confusion. As it progressed, i realized just how hilarious it really is. This show will certainly be one to watch!
  11. Scott
    Apr 20, 2009
    Absolutely dreadful. I hope this show dies a painful death after a few episodes.
  12. TimC
    Apr 22, 2009
    A new style of animation and humor for those of us starting to tire of Seth McFarlanes weekly hour of humor. Not that I don't like his shows.
  13. tanakab
    May 21, 2009
    This show is brilliant! i think the critics are a bit out of touch just like with arrested development.
  14. B.E.SP
    May 2, 2009
    I had hope that this show would be funny, but I was sadly mistaken. I don't understand all these comments likening this show to "Arrested Development." "Arrested Development" had interesting characters who were funny because of their ridiculousness. This painful cartoon has flat characters who mistake being crude with being funny. There won't be a second season. No one will I had hope that this show would be funny, but I was sadly mistaken. I don't understand all these comments likening this show to "Arrested Development." "Arrested Development" had interesting characters who were funny because of their ridiculousness. This painful cartoon has flat characters who mistake being crude with being funny. There won't be a second season. No one will watch this show. Expand
  15. BrentA
    May 2, 2009
    A rare blend of odd comedy situational irony that will leave the more high-brow-comedy audience impressed, and leave everyone else in the dark.
  16. WassC
    May 4, 2009
    This show is fantastic and enormously intelligent. Best for the quick-witted to pick up on the constant waves of subtle jokes. I can see why some people don't like it, but I hope that it grows on people and they realize it's potential so it stays around.
  17. AdamB
    May 4, 2009
    I don't understand how people can judge this show so harshly. It's only on the third episode, and I hear it may already be canceled, which would be a shame, considering that King of the Hill is still on the air, and in 14 years I haven't laughed at that show once. I mean, thinking about what the new FOX sunday will be, an hour and a half of Seth MacFarlane is going to get I don't understand how people can judge this show so harshly. It's only on the third episode, and I hear it may already be canceled, which would be a shame, considering that King of the Hill is still on the air, and in 14 years I haven't laughed at that show once. I mean, thinking about what the new FOX sunday will be, an hour and a half of Seth MacFarlane is going to get pretty tiring, and Simsons is well past its prime. They need new blood. Please save this show. Expand
  18. beme
    May 4, 2009
    This show has some great comedy moments and a lot of potential. I wish people weren't so quick to shun it after 2 episodes. A must-see for fans of Arrested Development.
  19. MichaelL
    May 6, 2009
    Funny but only occasionally hilarious.
  20. JamesH
    May 7, 2009
    I can't believe the poor ratings this show is getting AD all over again. Great show!
  21. Dangles
    Jun 6, 2009
    Just because it has a great cast, doe snot make this show of the same caliber as arrest development (where many of the cast members are leeched from). This is simply an awful comedy with nothing to laugh about except maybe the failure that the show truly is.
  22. GeoffW
    Jul 1, 2009
    Fantastic show, very crass and subversive, but brilliantly executed.
  23. D.R
    Apr 19, 2009
    Funny at times, but simply not enough to keep me interested. When I first saw the commercials, I believed that it's humorous potential wasn't being justified by them, but I was wrong. Plot isn't interesting, just boring. Often at times, the jokes and gags didn't hit the spot.
  24. Dusti'n
    Apr 19, 2009
    Wow. Absolutely lame, uninteresting, predictable and simply awful. Didn't even crack a smile.
  25. DanielK
    Apr 20, 2009
    Very poor.. tries too hard. Truly a disaster. Nothing about it feels natural and the comedic timing is nonexistent.
  26. WaltJ
    Apr 22, 2009
    This is loathsome garbage. Please don't cancel King of the Hill. It didn't mean any harm. This new cartoon is painful to sit through. It is like a childrens' show. It desperately attempts to get the viewing audience to laugh at jokes that are either sex related, or something a kid would laugh at on Spongebob. The worst part was the catchphrases. I hate repitition and the This is loathsome garbage. Please don't cancel King of the Hill. It didn't mean any harm. This new cartoon is painful to sit through. It is like a childrens' show. It desperately attempts to get the viewing audience to laugh at jokes that are either sex related, or something a kid would laugh at on Spongebob. The worst part was the catchphrases. I hate repitition and the overkill of a sing joke, especially one that wasn't funny to begin with like the repeating catchphrase, "I need a catchphrase." or "catchphrases are for losers. Please FOX, do yourself a favor and get rid of this show...it drove me to attempt in suicide...it's that bad. Expand
  27. Philippe
    Apr 22, 2009
    Not very funny overall. Gave it a 4 instead of 3 because I had 1 laugh watching the pilot.
  28. diannac
    Apr 28, 2009
    Completely awful show. Horrible portrayal of teachers.
  29. JT
    Apr 29, 2009
    Although the show has funny actors such as J. Bateman, W. Arnett, W. Forte, H. Winkler, T. Kenny & C. Oteri, SIT DOWN SHUT UP fails to deliver. It may be full of subtle humour but the problem is the humour isn't that funny.
  30. QuentinC
    May 11, 2009
    While the pilot left me confused and slightly disappointed, my faith in Mitch Hurwitz proved worth it after viewing other episodes. Although the characters seem underdeveloped at the moment I feel that this show will payoff. (presuming FOX wont dump Hurwitz again) The chemistry between the cast works, and jokes seem to have funnier pay-offs in future episodes. (much like in Arrested While the pilot left me confused and slightly disappointed, my faith in Mitch Hurwitz proved worth it after viewing other episodes. Although the characters seem underdeveloped at the moment I feel that this show will payoff. (presuming FOX wont dump Hurwitz again) The chemistry between the cast works, and jokes seem to have funnier pay-offs in future episodes. (much like in Arrested Development) Although this show seem to have potential, I sadly doubt it will make it back for a second season. Expand
  31. DanZ
    May 10, 2009
    This show is extremely underrated. Really funny show, extremely awesome cast, love it.
  32. ShaunC
    May 20, 2009
    Considering the cast, supremely disappointing.
  33. Michelle
    May 28, 2009
    So sad this was canceled.
  34. DarrenM
    May 4, 2009
    The style of animation is very creative, and adds a lot to my enjoyment of this new series. The concept itself is enough to make you lauph... whether it is the "ASS. Principal", the Science teacher that doesn't believe in science, or the fact that the Janitor has his own Narrator to figure out what he is saying. The jokes are not the freshest, but the overall product will leave a The style of animation is very creative, and adds a lot to my enjoyment of this new series. The concept itself is enough to make you lauph... whether it is the "ASS. Principal", the Science teacher that doesn't believe in science, or the fact that the Janitor has his own Narrator to figure out what he is saying. The jokes are not the freshest, but the overall product will leave a smile on your face. Expand
  35. ChrisE
    May 6, 2009
    At times, SDSU feels a little forced. However, the great voice cast and witty punchlines feel like home, in a sea of what I feel to be mediocre animated comedy series-es. Reminiscent of such past animated greats as Mission Hill, Daria, and Clone High, this show is doomed to fail on a commercial, corporate, mainstream primetime level due to the overarching stupidity of the American public At times, SDSU feels a little forced. However, the great voice cast and witty punchlines feel like home, in a sea of what I feel to be mediocre animated comedy series-es. Reminiscent of such past animated greats as Mission Hill, Daria, and Clone High, this show is doomed to fail on a commercial, corporate, mainstream primetime level due to the overarching stupidity of the American public -- but no matter how quickly Fox pries this show away from the fans' clenched fingers, we will remember it fondly, and secretly opine for yet another new season. Expand
  36. AdamB.
    Apr 22, 2009
    Poorly written and animated, insulting, and disposable.
  37. mikec
    Apr 26, 2009
    It's like a cartoon, without the humor. They want to replace King of the Hill with this tripe? You have got to be kidding me! I'd rather watch a show about Cotton Hill's remains after it was flushed down the loo!
  38. KB
    Apr 26, 2009
    This show is very good. I hope to see more episodes. It's like watching Daria mixed with Clone High and Arrested Developement. So good!
  39. KidKong
    Apr 26, 2009
    Sit Down, Shut Up is the most promising show on television since the death of legendary sitcom Arrested Development. If you watch it don't underestimate it, and if you're not laughing, you're not getting the jokes.
  40. Mike
    Apr 27, 2009
    Instantly stale, with characters who never mention a second dimension and a subject matter (schools and teachers) for which the writers seem to have neither insight nor interest.
  41. StanS
    Apr 27, 2009
    This thing was actually PAINFUL to watch - worst TV i've seen in the last 30 years.
  42. MacT
    Excruciatingly terrible.
  43. matthewa
    Apr 29, 2009
    A few awkward, unfunny moments, but mostly hilarious. I am surprised at all the negative. Yes it is much more controversial and un-pc than Arrested Development, but the comedy is in the same vein (of course not saying this is as good as AD; nothing will ever be). But it certainly does not deserve a 42. I would give it a chance at the very least.

1. It's almost impossible to discern the comedic intelligences behind this drab cartoon about a high school faculty.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Sit Down is raw, vulgar and blithely offensive, with so many triple and quadruple entendres for so many sexual acts, I lost count.
  3. Bateman and Arnett make the most of what they're given, but Sit Down, Shut Up seems to be caught up in actually trying to have a plot and then partly tossing off zany one-liners (with a focus on anatomy).