Sonic X : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 23, 2003
Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.4

1. Jul 1, 2013
    Wow. I thought this would get a ton more haters. XD Lets get started. Try the Japanese voice acting.

Sonic X wasn't that bad. I liked it. I had the privelige of Hulu's subbed version so it was made a lot better. I honestly cried at episode 39. And I never cry watching stuff. Sonic is as as usual, which I love. Whoever voiced Amy in the japanese version deseverd a medal. But the only reason I rated it so high is the theme song in the English version is hilarious!
  2. Dec 4, 2011
    Hello guys OblvionJerk here, so we're gonna review that Sonic Anime, Sonic X.
    So the show starts with your average Sonic opening (You know like the games), Eggman kidnapped Cream the Rabbit and has all the 7 Chaos Emeralds so you know what that means Sonic goes to Eggman's base destroys Badniks (I could just say Robots or E-series)goes trough some traps and tries to kicks Eggman's ass.
    Its
    Hello guys OblvionJerk here, so we're gonna review that Sonic Anime, Sonic X.
    Its an awesome START but! And this is a big "BUTT" things get ugly when the chaos emeralds open a portal to "our" world using chaos drive or other name that I can't remember.
    After that Sonic meets Chris a strange boy who is rich as **** his gramps is a lunatic old man, his butler is Bruce Lee with glasses and his maid is Oprah.
    Music is cool doesn't matter if it is the US or JAP versions both have great music nothing against it.
    The story of the show is simple finding the chaos emeralds and foiling Eggman's plans, sometimes you will see some new characters (most of them useless and with no personality), the show has some adaptation episodes about Sonic adventure and Sonic adventure 2 and to be fair the episodes are very faithful to the games (Chris is the only who ruins those episodes).
    The animations has some weird flaws like sometimes Sonic has blue arms, but its nice and reminds me of those old 80's animes.
    The characters are faithful to their game counterparts Sonic is full of attitude (a bit weak not powerful enough and he is always getting his ass kicked)Tails is a genius and he doesn't have a lot of self-worth, Knuckles is dumb always getting tricked by Eggman and he is always angry and confused for no reason.
    We also have Amy she's a whore (I am joking Sonamy fans), Cream is...well a little girl...
    We also have the chaotix, Shadow Rouge (no Omega).
    About the human characters you ask, well they have no personality its true their personality is gone Chris is a normal boy who has a strange attraction to Sonic (Elise?) and that's it all the other people on the show are annoying and have strange voices who remind me of Looney Tunes.
    The Show isn't bad its a normal Sonic show but they shouldn't have human in it ,I know Sonic Adv 1 and 2 had humans but they didn't affect the story they we're just normal people in the background, Chris is just boring and useless, Sonic is so Weak even in Super Sonic form, many fillers no joke here its full of them and the number one problem we almost never see Sonic's world it true, there's no reference to any stage from the games (Only on the adaptations of Sonic Adv 1 Adv 2 but it doesn't happen in Sonic's world).
    So that's all really its not bad but nothing special neither, still I recommend it to Sonic fan (modern ones) well that's all have a good one and happy rape day to all!
  3. Nov 2, 2014
    this show awsome unlike powerpuff girls z where they just turned into a dragon ball z knockoff the graphics are good and this was made in 2003 and i don't hate chris like another character i don't hate johnny test chris thorndike is the most underrated character like johnny test and porky
  4. May 2, 2012
    This is a really good show I recomend it.
  5. Jul 6, 2012
    This is my favorite show. I LOVE IT!!! People don't know what they're missing out on... I totally think everyone should watch it. Great show. I love the way the story is set up and the animation is set up as well.
  6. Jan 9, 2016
    Mostly for the final season which is clearly heavily inspired by Macross (A kickass anime btw)
    The episodes before this season were pretty good but the last ones really hold up.
    Definitely worth checking out for sonic fans or fans of space themed mech anime who can tolerate sonic characters. Avoid the english dub though it is truly terrible in every regard. It is heavily censored,

Avoid the english dub though it is truly terrible in every regard. It is heavily censored, the voice acting (while good for some charactars) is limited by big script changes and edits and alot of extra details were cut for apparently no good reason.
  7. Nov 6, 2015
    hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhhahhahahahahahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha don't we all love 4kids for doing the "best" dubs ever. hold on I'm gonna go watch some one piece XD.
  8. Mar 25, 2016
    This is very good movie . Best Sonic movie in my opinion . 3 seasons and all very good . In 1 season 26 series . This is amazing movie . And half 2 season made by Sonic Adventure , Adventure 2 , Battle
  9. Jul 20, 2016
    This show is great but I'm going to list my main problems: cheesy jokes, annoying characters, cheesy characters, and amy rose. Besides that this cartoon is good.
  10. Jun 23, 2016
    Sonic X is the best anime ever along with yu-gi-oh!, i love chris thorndyke he is a cute hero, sonic chris and friends work together to find chaos emeralds, I love both english and japanese, I recommend sonic X.
  11. Apr 12, 2017
    There are quite a few bad parts here and there, but if you're into Sonic lore I recommend it. Overall, it's an interesting take on the Sonic universe.
  12. Aug 5, 2017
    I love this show. I still watch it! The theme is catchy and I love how it's going (sorta) to the Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 canons! One problem though . . . CHRIS! FREAKIN' CHRIS! JUST WHY?

There are no critic reviews yet.