South Beach : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 11, 2006
8.6

1. JarrettF
    Jan 20, 2006
    Read the critic scores. Then read the viewer reviews. Finally, watch the show. Behold, the downside of capitalism.
  2. dickb
    Jan 12, 2006
    Watched the entirity of the 2 hour piot and it was truly awful. I live on the real South Beach and saw not one building that I recognized. This is for the 14 year old audience that UPN depends on. It is for the beach babes and the club bunnies who think that they own the so-called South Beach now, and a very bad advertisement for the real Art Deco District we tried so hard to save and Watched the entirity of the 2 hour piot and it was truly awful. I live on the real South Beach and saw not one building that I recognized. This is for the 14 year old audience that UPN depends on. It is for the beach babes and the club bunnies who think that they own the so-called South Beach now, and a very bad advertisement for the real Art Deco District we tried so hard to save and protect--they should all go to Fort Lauderdale! Expand
  3. MarcD.
    Jan 13, 2006
    Pretty horrible. Vanessa Williams and Giancarlo Esposito were decent, and the female lead was ok, but the rest of the production was reminiscent of the bad acting school.
  4. ZorkZ
    Jan 16, 2006
    Garbage.
  5. RachelS
    Feb 17, 2006
    This show is so terribly awful that I can't believe its still on the air...what has this world come to?!?

In between all the poolside exhibitionism and dance-floor romantic politics, guns appear and faceless thugs are killed. That means our young cast members get to angst about whether they're truly in danger and some villain is going to force them to eat a loaf of bread at gunpoint.
    "South Beach" isn't the terrible waste of viewing time a cynic might expect. But it is a conventionally drawn, sudsy soap.
    The dialogue and plot contrivances are banal, the acting is cartoon and the whole thing is more transparent than a see-through bikini.