Stargate Atlantis : Season 4

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 16, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
4.2

1. Jun 21, 2015
    It feels like the show got a power-up in this fourth season, because the third is a bit slower when it comes to innovation and action.

This fourth is greater and it best aspect is that there are much more awesome, action-packed episodes. The best are "Adrift", "Lifeline", "Be All My Sins Remember'd", "Midway" and "The Last Man". Many episodes are therefor very well written, but "Harmony" might be the worst episode in the show to date; so boring. The story continues after Atlantis got a new home, and it feels good. The flaws that defines the show is as mentioned in my previous reviews; the dialogs, and that hasn't changed. The cast is still great even though i has its flaws (Teyla), but the newcomer Carter made the season better than what I expected. Dr Keller though; she's such a bad actor. I wish they would have killed off Teyla and Keller, a bit dramatic but that's what this show needs; less bad actors (and better dialogs). Still; Teyla is a good character and I enjoyed the season finale, when Teyla finally was rescued from the evil Michael. I totally like him as a villain, but my only wish is that the threat of the Wraith would have been greater. I remember the old days, when the wraith attacked Atlantis, the day when we saw massive motherships attacking the city and everything was horrifying. I miss that epicness! I want more of that, not minor threats like Michael. This is my fourth time watching this tv-show, and it's still one of my favorites, but I wish there would have been more threats, like in SG-1. Yes we have the wraith and the replicators, but we've already seen the replicators before and the show really needs a new, refreshing villain. If the threat of the wraith is not going to get bigger, then please introduce a new villain. It's a bit lame sometimes.

But it's still a great show, and this fourth installment isn't an exception. My overall rating for each episode is 7.88, so an 8 as a rating fits the season very well.

There are no critic reviews yet.