Stargate Atlantis : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 16, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
6.7

1. Nov 22, 2012
    A brilliant show, which managed to keep some of the oldtimer sci-fi cheesiness while expanding into the areas of character psychology, A-level acting and very good, credible storylines, arcing across whole seasons. It has high production values, a truly killer cast, and added coolness for all the original SG-1 character appearances. I believe this was the best of the Stargate series, andA brilliant show, which managed to keep some of the oldtimer sci-fi cheesiness while expanding into the areas of character psychology, A-level acting and very good, credible storylines, arcing across whole seasons. It has high production values, a truly killer cast, and added coolness for all the original SG-1 character appearances. I believe this was the best of the Stargate series, and as far as quality sci-fi shows go, it is still up there with BSG. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    Surprised this show got cancelled when it did, I was sad about that. This show is great, and the characters are awesome, especially Rodney McKay. It had that old time Sci-Fi cheese to it, and brought back memories. This show is probably in my top ten favorites no doubt, and always will be. I have bought every season on DVD, and intend to show my children real Sci-Fi and I ask all of you toSurprised this show got cancelled when it did, I was sad about that. This show is great, and the characters are awesome, especially Rodney McKay. It had that old time Sci-Fi cheese to it, and brought back memories. This show is probably in my top ten favorites no doubt, and always will be. I have bought every season on DVD, and intend to show my children real Sci-Fi and I ask all of you to watch this also. The story and premise of this show twists and turns and leaves you feeling sad at times and also has some really great humor in it, which really builds character. I cared about every character on the show. Great show, always will be. Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2014
    This continuation of Stargate is even greater than Stargate SG-1. It’s more innovative, emotional and epic.

The pilot might be the most incredible episode I’ve ever seen. It truly is a great pilot and it really manages to get the audience interested in the show. The best episodes are: "Rising (Part 1 & 2)", "Underground", "The Storm (Part 1 & 2)", "Before I Sleep" and "The Siege (Part 1 & 2)". There are no boring episodes at all in this first season. That’s something all the Stargate SG-1 seasons combined can’t achieve. The actors are highly entertaining and I really like the humor between them, it’s very similar with SG-1. The characters got great chemistry and the script is well adapted with the events in the show. Just as the actors are the action sequences incredible. The soundtrack is **** awesome; it really gives the show a touching and epic feeling. The villains are like the Goa'uld: unreasonable and dangerous. Just how villains are meant to be.

I totally love this TV-show. It’s truly awesome.

The average score for each episode is: 8.15.
    Stargate Atlantis: Season 1 gets a 9/10.
  4. Dec 4, 2014
    The score is for the entire series not the individual season.

Fantastic series. I liked the setting, I liked the premise, I liked the acting and actors, the story and pretty much everything. Unlike SG1 that started slow this off-spin got interesting immediately.
  5. May 24, 2011
    This was one of my favorite shows and I still miss it. The next Stargate show (SGU) killed any chance for a new show, I can still watch SGA on dvd. The cast of SGA seemed to have a chemistry, the action and humor were great.
  6. Sep 14, 2013
    unlike SG-1 rthis show hit the ground running and I thought was very good for all of its 5 seasons. The wraith were a little derivative and the show as a whole wasnt so much "creative" as just fun, as SG-1 was ultimately. Not particularly heady stuff but a good watch for sure, and a true sci fi show unlike so many others that claim the genre.

1. Newsday
    Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Jun 10, 2014
    At first glance in the two-hour pilot, none of the actors comes close to the robust presence of "SG-1" star Richard Dean Anderson, while the show relies on the technology and special effects that can send noncultists fleeing. (Good luck trying to fathom the setup, too, if you're not already "Stargate"-versed.) [11 Jul 2004]
  2. San Jose Mercury News/Contra Costa Times
    Reviewed by: Charlie McCollum
    Jun 10, 2014
    As TV science fiction goes, there's nothing particularly bad about this spinoff from the long-running Stargate series. On the other hand, there's nothing particularly good about it either. [15 Jul 2004]
  3. The Hollywood Reporter
    Jun 10, 2014
    The much-anticipated companion series is a well-paced, enjoyable romp, proving that the franchise has plenty of life and drama left. [16 Jul 2004]