• Network: USA
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 23, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.7

1. Aug 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I concur with a couple of the other negative reviews for the same reasons. The show began a downward spiral in season 3 with a shift away from any focus on "closing" to internal drama.

That would be bad enough , but then the character conflicts so often feel completely contrived and nonsensical. Mike's way over-the-top reaction to Rachel's momentary lapse of judgement in, *gasp* kissing someone for 2 seconds before immediately realizing it was wrong, literally lasted most of the season. A hapless viewer that missed the torrid transgression may have assumed Mike found out that Rachel was instead responsible for his grandmother's death. I half expected Mike to take one of the staples out of Rachel's desk and use it to pin a Scarlet A on her back. Louis getting upset at Donna for not confiding to him that Mike did not go to Harvard?! C'mon.

The really disappointing thing is that the season started off so promising. We had a tidy solution to the issue of Mike's fraudulent education credentials with his new job in investment banking. We had a new industry in which Mike's genius could shine. Instead we get more lame internal drama at his new company and Mike falling on his face time and time again with his overwrought sense of do-gooder that did more to show the writers' ignorance of economics than entertain the audience. (To Suits writers: Investment banking is not all or mostly evil, quite the opposite. It is not a good thing for companies to stay alive just for the sake of the people they employ.)

"Suits" is better tailored in the vain of "Criminal Minds." Not so much "Grey's Anatomy."
  2. Aug 10, 2014
    I watched the first 6 episodes of this season. And I won't be watching the rest.

Season 1-3 were great. As one of the other users mentioned, suits has turned into some sort of soap opera with a lawyering twist. I had to fast forward every 5 minutes so i didn't have to watch Mike and his gf waking up or going to bed together. No thanks.
  3. Jul 27, 2014
    I had been an avid viewer of Suits since the show's first episode.

I completely agree with the first three paragraphs @neelani0769 wrote, so I won't repeat them here. (btw, props to neelani0769 for writing that) Season 4 for me has been a major disappointment. Suits, an awesome legal drama, has turned into Suits, a mediocre soap opera. Geesh, if I had wanted to watch (and have
    I had been an avid viewer of Suits since the show's first episode.

Season 4 for me has been a major disappointment. Suits, an awesome legal drama, has turned into Suits, a mediocre soap opera. Geesh, if I had wanted to watch (and have to keep track of) so many plot twists and turns, and so many sub-plots, I'd watch daytime TV.

It has become far too much of an effort to keep up with what is going on in Suits. And it is just not worth it anymore.

The brilliant legal writing is gone, replaced by soap-opera-level sub-plots and plot twists.

Earlier this evening I started to watch the episode that was first broadcast last week. Halfway through the show, I went to the menu of the DVR, and removed the repeating option to record this show, and I deleted the episode without even watching the whole episode. Odd thing is ... I don't even feel as if I missed anything. I actually feel relieved that i do not have to watch Suits anymore. Yes, I feel relieved that I no longer need to watch this show. It had become *that* burdensome.

Suits had so much going for it, and it has squandered away all of the genius of the show.

Now it is little more than a grade C soap opera.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jun 11, 2014
    The reset on USA’s breezy legal drama Suits turns out to be more like ordering a different flavor latte at the same coffee shop. That’s okay, because it’s a good coffee shop.