• Network: ABC Family
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 6, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.9

1. Nov 25, 2011
    This show is actually good!!! It gets me mad though how bay is with emmet, i think daphne and emmet would be better together!!! Anyways cant wait til it comes back!!!
  2. Jun 13, 2011
    the way the show is going I think it's great. How it portrays the deaf community and the problems they face it's actually great. At times the family's fights can be a bit infuriating, but it's part of the drama I guess. Katie Lecrec is just fascinating in her role as Daphne the deaf girl and so is the one playing Bay and Emmett, though Bay's character needs a little more depth, though her actress portraits her very well. The whole plot and idea of identity confusion being brought to this is just genius, also the fact that the families have different opinions on each other raising their child is an excellent topic to add to the drama. Also, the different cultures and atmospheres that each character has lived through is an excellent touch. So far I'm hooked to the series, and I expect great things from this. It looks like ABC family has another masterpiece in their hands that can last for a long time. If the series gets better this 9/10 rating might change to a 10/10 perfect rating, let's see how it goes on everything. Expand
  3. Aug 1, 2013
    An amazing show! Definitely recommend to anyone. I am so glad I found out about it. It is seriously my favorite show on television. The actors on this show are phenomenal and the way that this show incorporates actual American Sign Language it incredible. It has inspired me and surely many other teens to learn and get connected to the Deaf community. Amazing actors, amazing acting, amazing writing.. what more could you want? Expand

1. Despite all the implausibilities and irritations, Switched manages to make a positive impression, thanks to some sturdy writing and solid performances that adequately sell the premise.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jun 6, 2011
    If the situation of Switched at Birth often seems surreal and at times contrived (seriously, no one is going to even call a lawyer? Or a therapist? Or the hospital?), the performances keep the story grounded as yet another alternative American family blooms under the California sun.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 3, 2011
    ABC Family has another bright and bouncy addition to the family--one that with proper care and feeding looks born to run for a good long time.