• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 13, 2008
Season #: 1, 2
8.4

1. Jan 28, 2011
    Long-time terminator fan here. I thought the shows were engaging and action packed! Characters are true to the movies, and the additional story in between the movies is definitely welcomed.
  2. DannyM.
    May 10, 2009
    Tim Goodman is an absolute fraud who would rate Michael Phelps a bad swimmer simply because Goodman wants to make a name for himself. Dont listen to his tripe. TSCC is one the best sci-fi series in recent memory. If you want to fall in love with a show then give this a chance. Its superb.
  3. JaredB.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Surprisingly tight and well-acted. Lena Headey is compelling in the role made famous by Linda Hamilton. During my viewing of the first two episodes, I kept thinking that this was what I had hoped Bionic Woman would be more like. It is honest, authentic and human despite being a story about apocolyptic futures. It never falls too far into the sugary sweet family relationship that BW does.
  4. EspenS
    Mar 3, 2008
    Great show! Some problems with the story and the actors in the first two episodes, but now after 7 episodes both the story and the actors has found their roles. Can't wait for more :D
  5. MasJ.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Awesome show !!! A great action show that is well written and has interesting characters. Summer is so good at delivering funny lines with a straight face. What a gem this show is among the tired cycle of reality TV, crime solving shows and boring dramas. I hope it has many seasons ahead.
  6. OnticT.
    Feb 5, 2008
    Great show, a must keep. Hope they don't cancel this one.
  7. MikeH
    Feb 7, 2008
    Since I barely remember the Terminator movies, I'm judging this solely on its own merits. It works. The FBI sub-plot is the main weak link. There is a lot of room for character growth, which is why they've started with an immature John Connor and a robot with a learning curve. An all-action-all-the-time series would pall quickly, but this has great potential.
  8. Dorian
    Feb 9, 2008
    What a let down. As others have pointed out, this series feels like a series of one-act plays commonly found in an off-Broadway production. While Gabriel Byrne is fine (as always), the other characters, err, "patients" are, for the most part, tedious, self-absorbed and unlikable, while the dialogue comes off as stagy and forced, a death knell for a show that is nothing BUT talk. In fact, What a let down. As others have pointed out, this series feels like a series of one-act plays commonly found in an off-Broadway production. While Gabriel Byrne is fine (as always), the other characters, err, "patients" are, for the most part, tedious, self-absorbed and unlikable, while the dialogue comes off as stagy and forced, a death knell for a show that is nothing BUT talk. In fact, the whole thing just comes off as inauthentic, gimmicky and self-important, more an exercise in "duo" acting, than anything else. No doubt, the melodrama will appeal to soap-opera fans, as well as therapists who have been DYING for a show to portray them as they imagine themselves to be: unsung heroes who are too often ridiculed, misunderstood or not appreciated by the world at large. However, judging by this shows portrayal, it seems that being a therapist is synonymous with being an emotional receptacle for histrionic narcissists; I, for one, see this show as doing no favors for the profession. Expand
  9. weiweiL
    May 20, 2008
    Very good show. better than most shows on TV right now.
  10. R.
    Mar 21, 2009
    Best drama on television. Great writing and acting. Last night's episode; "Today is the Day Part 2" was the best one yet.
  11. TonyB.
    Jan 15, 2008
    Surprisingly intelligent sci-fi
  12. DaveS
    Feb 19, 2008
    Subtle acting and scripting is not what you expect when you turn on the TV for prime-time SciFi, but it's exactly what you get from this show. Complaints about the characters being "flat" are unfounded. These are actors who, while not delivering Oscar-worthy performances, are playing their parts nearly perfectly. If you want the hysterical giddiness of Buffy, well those are out on Subtle acting and scripting is not what you expect when you turn on the TV for prime-time SciFi, but it's exactly what you get from this show. Complaints about the characters being "flat" are unfounded. These are actors who, while not delivering Oscar-worthy performances, are playing their parts nearly perfectly. If you want the hysterical giddiness of Buffy, well those are out on DVD. This show is about thoughtful science fiction: the examination of what one reviewer called "adolescent exceptionalism"; time travel; a mother's love. Most interesting, however, is the push and pull between John Connor and the Glau-minator, as the first is hardened to the realities of a possible, brutal future and the latter is softened to daily life with the Connors. There are plenty of one liners for the proles and lots of explosions for the More Cowbell set, but underneath is a show that is smart and confident. Expand
  13. michaelT
    Feb 20, 2008
    After watching the first show i was pretty much hooked . The acting is very good , story lines keep you wanting more , and the special effects are good . What is also nice is how they use references to the terminator movies ( i am talking about the first 2 ) and expand on it into the story of the show . Again , thats credit to great writing team . Lets hope they can keep this up and its After watching the first show i was pretty much hooked . The acting is very good , story lines keep you wanting more , and the special effects are good . What is also nice is how they use references to the terminator movies ( i am talking about the first 2 ) and expand on it into the story of the show . Again , thats credit to great writing team . Lets hope they can keep this up and its on for a while . I find you can always tell you like a show , when you cant wait till the next week when it continues . Expand
  14. VanC.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Sci-fi and action mixed together, with great acting and editing starting to happen. this show is a leader!
  15. JimV.
    Feb 27, 2008
    The series started off slow, which turned out to be a good thing as the series continued on. The plot thickens each week, and more characters arise giving a good dimension and nice sub-plots to the whole story before Judgment Day. All in all, as the story moves forward, the intrigue and guessing "what's next", keeps the upcoming episodes on my list as 'must see', and The series started off slow, which turned out to be a good thing as the series continued on. The plot thickens each week, and more characters arise giving a good dimension and nice sub-plots to the whole story before Judgment Day. All in all, as the story moves forward, the intrigue and guessing "what's next", keeps the upcoming episodes on my list as 'must see', and hopefully nothing will spoil its flavor. Expand
  16. LayneD.
    Aug 20, 2008
    No show is perfect, so I can't give this a 10, but it comes really close for me. Gritty, raw, faithful to the Terminator storyline but with just enough creative license to keep it fresh and interesting. It's the one I look forward to every week.
  17. davids
    Mar 28, 2009
    I love this show. I have never been the type of person that watches a television show religiously, but now I count down the days until this show is back on. My wife and kids are now the same way. I don't understand how the ratings on such a great show can be so low. Everyone I know watches this show, and I would feel like I lost a friend if it was taken off the air.
  18. BenI.
    Jan 15, 2008
    One of my favorite franchises hits TV with a bang! I love Lena as Sarah Connor and Summer Glau makes a great terminatrix.
  19. EmmanuelB.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Probably the best show on TV today ! Great story, characters and actors.... I was very septic before I saw it, and now, I can't wait to see the next episodes.
  20. HenryN.
    Jan 16, 2008
    This show so far is doing a great job in filling in the gap between T-2 and T-3. So far Chapters 1 & 2 were awesome! It's always great to see Summer Glau. It is annoying though that teen-John has to be so whiny--it's overused even though these days it's not too different from the teens I see on the bus on the commute to/from work/home. I'd rather see the teen-John be This show so far is doing a great job in filling in the gap between T-2 and T-3. So far Chapters 1 & 2 were awesome! It's always great to see Summer Glau. It is annoying though that teen-John has to be so whiny--it's overused even though these days it's not too different from the teens I see on the bus on the commute to/from work/home. I'd rather see the teen-John be one of those rare teens who has to move beyond his years--sort of like Sophia in Kid Nation. Expand
  21. KevinR.
    Jan 16, 2008
    Great serial TV takes at least a few eps to show its potential, but fans of both character drama and SF action have every reason to be hopeful about this show, with it's grounding in James Cameron's excellent mythos and eponymous character, and its handling by showrunner Josh Freidman (not to mention Director David Nutter and SFX Supervisor Jim Lima)
    Jan 18, 2008
    At first i didn't see that this series would be a hit. But after seeing the first episode i can't wait to see more. I love the special effects.
  23. itdontmatter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Very, very good so far...it has a direction and storylines is progressing well.
  24. TeresaD
    Dec 28, 2008
    Simply an incredible show. Ignore the drunken ramblings of that idiot Tim Goodman...the cast are exceptional. Especially Summer Glau. Watch it.
  25. BillG.
    Feb 13, 2008
    I have been very impressed with this new TV series. Not only are the action sequences some of the best I've seen on TV, but the characters are compelling as well. The pace has slowed down a bit from the beginning, but now the character development has been kicking in. The main protagonists are coming into their own and I'm really starting to care about what happens to them. The I have been very impressed with this new TV series. Not only are the action sequences some of the best I've seen on TV, but the characters are compelling as well. The pace has slowed down a bit from the beginning, but now the character development has been kicking in. The main protagonists are coming into their own and I'm really starting to care about what happens to them. The reason I'm giving this a 9 is because I look forward to this show more than any other series each and every week now. Expand
  26. SteveR.
    Feb 18, 2008
    Best show on TV. Period.
  27. JohnM
    Mar 14, 2008
    Love the show. Would have given it a 10 but the filming is so dark that I have to always adjust my tv to see it. Summer Glau is so good at this role and is very good as a robot finding life. She was also great on Firefly. (Actually, she's the reason I started watching but the show hooked me).
  28. Dec 26, 2010
    Brilliant writing and acting. Summer Glau is the star to me but Brian Austin Green deserves some credit as well. The show is quite different from the movies but equally as good in my opinion.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles" begins as an intense, thoughtful, exciting, fun spectacle. The first episode will kick your ass.
  2. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Humans vs. cyborgs in a movie spin-off that's surprisingly effective for fans of both action and character drama.
  3. Some die-hards may be frustrated by inconsistencies in the timeline with "Terminator 3," but unless you get overly wrapped up in the details of time travel, tonight's pilot is an intense adventure.