The Assets : Season 1

• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 2, 2014
5.9

1. Jun 4, 2014
    I was extremely disappointed to find that The Assets had been cancelled so abruptly after only two episodes. In my opinion, it had the potential to be a great series. I do wonder what the real reason is for it being cancelled so abruptly.
  2. Jul 8, 2014
    Great acting and solid story. Underpromoted by network suits, it didn't get a big audience. A shame, as the true story is well told and convincingly portrayed with good period details (80s). Best bet is to wait for it to show up on Netflix or Hulu and watch the whole thing through.
  3. Aug 3, 2014
    This was an incredible telling of a story I remembered from the headlines. It was exciting and enthralling. Every bit as thrilling as Netflix's House of Cards. Best series I've seen in a long time.

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Korbelik
    Mar 27, 2014
    In Assets, I wanted more about Ames and his motives--and maybe that will come later--but this is Grimes’ story, right down to how her job affected her home life.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Jan 9, 2014
    The series, unevenly written, frequently given to strange tonal lapses, is nevertheless lively, its dramatization of events abetted by its setting.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Jan 2, 2014
    Not a brilliant effort, but worth a look.