• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2007
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 9
6.6

1. Dec 22, 2012
    When I first began watching this show, I laughed gleefully at all the science references and Sheldon's overall demeanor. Additionally, each character had their moment to shine. Now, I rarely laugh. Sheldon is the only character that remains to have any ability to make me do so. This show has simply lost its novelty, like the Office has; the only difference being I can laugh more at the Office. It makes me sick that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association considers this show good enough to deserve two nominations for Golden Globes when shows like Community, Parks and Rec, It's Always Sunny, Louie, and, hell, even the Office are left with one or none. I don't hate the show; like I said, I still laugh occasionally. Overall, however, it has become a shell of why it was so good in the first place. I urge you all, come February 7 at 8 pm, don't tune your TVs to CBS to watch this unoriginal, formulaic sitcom, but rather to watch Community, arguably one of the most intelligent and original shows on right now. It's hilarious, consistent, and has been screwed over by the network since it premiered. More than anything though, it needs viewers. It has struggled in the same time spot as Big Bang Theory and it breaks my heart. Please check it out, you won't be disappointed (like I am with this season of Big Bang...). Expand
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    Not on the same par as from season 1 - 5. : ( . in my opinion the show is putting more attention on the relationships instead of the ''geekyness'' of each characters and how they interact with one another. i don't mind them pairing up but as long as the main topic of each episode doesn't revolve around relationships otherwise in my opinion im beginning 2 find this show as ''cheesy''.
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    This show is one of my favorite sitcoms, but after watching the first couple of episodes of season 6, I'm not sure it will remain that way.
    The cast feels scattered across scenes. Most of the scenes consist of two of the cast interacting. We rarely see the entire cast doing something together like they used to. The worst thing is, the writers don't know what to do with Raj. He doesn't
    seem to be part of the group anymore. He wants a girlfriend, we know that. Is it too hard for the writers to come up with a good story arc for him involving a potential girlfriend? The writers want character development and I find that a good thing. But it all doesn't feel that fresh anymore. I miss many of the character's quirks. And the relationship between Leonard and Penny is weird, or maybe just boring. If you don't come up with anything for the two, brake them up already and make up some funny stories for them. The show is currently dealing with 3 couples and a single guy, who is a fifth wheel.
    I think this has to be changed to get back the feeling that the show is about a group of friends. Or, at least don't make the entire cast feel so settled down and have them get back some verve.
    It's currently a slightly above average show, not more.
  4. Sep 29, 2012
    As a huge fan of The Big Bang Theory (especially Sheldon), I have to say this wasn't their best. Throughout the episode it was very shaky and not enough of the characters's usual comedic style. The previous seasons were better, but a few laughs are guaranteed from this season.
  5. Jan 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. {spoiler for the 1/10/2013 episode, "The Bakersfield Expedition"} While I still think the show currently is good (it used to be excellent), I hold the opinion that the comedic aspect of the show has changed ... and not for the better. During the first three seasons, the show was about geeks living and growing in a world foreign to them. Since those excellent first three years, the scripts seem to try to document the relationships of the main group of characters. The most recent episode that I watched ("The Bakersfield Expedition") was one of The Worst Episodes of the entire series. The only redeeming aspect of the episode occurred when the "crew" returned from their desert exile to hear their girlfriends discussing comic books. The shift of the themes towards the human relationships could be beneficial to the growth of the show, however the writers don't seem to be able to make that shift gracefully or with capability. And that is the problem with the show this season. Expand
  6. Mar 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The Big Bang Theory" has devolved. In the early seasons, the highlight of the show was the interplay between Penny and Sheldon. At the end of Season 4, the creators decided to create a 'Bride of Frankenstein' for Sheldon run through a device in which Raj and Wolowitz create a dating profile for Sheldon (answering the survey questions in the manner in which they believed Sheldon would answer them) and out spat 'Amy Farrah-Fowler.' This marked the decline in the show. (Thanks to Dan Fienberg for verbalizing this in his podcast this past week. My thoughts were the same but Dan crystallized them).

The character 'Amy Farrah-Fowler' lustfully longs after Sheldon and in the process, the show basically removed the best interplay (between Sheldon and Penny) for the pairing of 'ShAmy.' Amy, however, is not human. She is some sort of pod-person. Great comedy came out of the gang's awkwardness around those not in their immediate group (minus Penny), but Amy is so far out there her character has turned chillingly into a sociopath this season. Her fixation on Penny, understandable at first (hangin' with the prom queen, as she puts it) has turned into an obsessive fixation. And not a funny, one.

Some other random thoughts:

The joke of Raj being terrified to speak to Penny was funny 5 seasons ago. Not any more. In the episode that aired 3/8, he went on a date to the library with a girl he met at the comic shop on New Years Eve. He proceeded to text and use a voice synthesizer to interact with his date. Come on, after hanging around Penny and Bernadette (sleeping with Penny in the lowest of the low points of the series) it stands to reason that he could maintain a conversation with a woman.

Wolowitz is such a repulsive character. If I ran into this guy at work, I would run and hide. That said, Simon Helberger manages charm that makes the character funny. That said, he and Bernadette's marriage is one of the bigger contrivances of the series. WHat woman would stick around after visiting that perv's bedroom? Yuk.

The Ross and Rachel aspect of Penny and Leonard detracts from the show. Nervous infatuated Leonard and Penny's obliviousness (way back in Season1) was a much better dynamic than where they are in Season 6.

What are Leonard and Sheldon, late 30's going on 22? Enough already. Why does AFF lust after Sheldon, when he's said himself he has no desire for human contact, much less coitus? (the character's words). I always thought that was one of the better aspects of the show, Sheldon's asexuality (compared to the other character's hyper-sexuality).
  7. Mar 21, 2013
    Big Bang Theory has gotten stale, and lost all of its comedy roots that it had brought to us in Season 1. The show was meant to be a show for "geeks" and "nerds" but instead focused more on the relationship aspects of the characters, which in turn kicked out most of the humor that we had grown to love.

Sheldon getting a girlfriend is when the show took a turn for the worse, and has been
    nose-diving ever since. Season 6 has been a so far, and I'm not seeing anything bringing it back in its future. The show should stop now where it is, instead of risking becoming even more stagnant. Expand
  8. Aug 9, 2013
    The Big Bang Theory was, for a quite a while, my favourite television program. The show centred on four nerdy guys that complained about their inability to find women, their obsession with video games and conversations in the comic book store. But, as the show has continued, I feel this focus has shifted somewhat.
    While the addition of both Bernadette and Amy were welcomed, their presence
    has changed the shows overall structure. It is no longer simply about a group of nerdy guys; instead, it has become a show centred on quirky relationships. Don't get me wrong, I still find it entertaining and an enjoyable program, but it just doesn't appeal to me in the same way as it did a few seasons ago. Expand
  9. Sep 9, 2013
    This series has it's moments, but overall the characters don't feel consistent with how they were originally portrayed. Sheldon never understood women and shunned relationships on principle because he had a higher cause, so I'm not a fan of his prolonged relationship with Amy. The writing has just taken a turn for the worse in this season too, with the gags just not hitting home as regularly and the geek references scarce. Lenard is just an enabler for Sheldon's gags most of the time and has had his personality robbed of him. Every character is with a girl except Raj, who is now the funniest character. Sheldon doesn't act like Sheldon should at points in this season either. His OCD has taken a back seat, which is a real shame. Expand
  10. Aug 22, 2013
    This show has become more about relationships than geeks. Perhaps Sheldon is the only remaining consistent character in the show. It's still a great season and has many hilarious episodes. It's just that overall, the focus of the show has changed, and not in a way i appreciate.
  11. Oct 25, 2013
    The most disappointing season of The Big Bang Theory yet. It still provides some laughs but less than any of the seasons before it. It makes me wonder how much longer this show will last. The irritating over-attention put on relationships rather than jokes is what has been slowly killing this show, and in this season it has all but put the nail in the coffin. Whether or not I'll start watching season 7 has yet to be decided, but my hopes for it are ultimately not very high. Overall I did find myself some laughs here and there but most of the humor falls flat. Do with that information what you will. Expand
  12. Apr 8, 2014
    Its unbelievably awful. For some strange reason they think making jokes about Star Trek every 45 seconds is funny. The writing and acting is terrible. The laugh track is obnoxiously loud. And if you like decent comedy, DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW!!
  13. Mar 11, 2013
    Definitely one of my favorite season so far, the ensemble cast is fantastic and really funny, the episode like Star Trek Next Generation give this season so much fresh and good jokes. Sheldon, Amy, Leonard, Penny, Howard, Raj and Bernadette are the most fun group on tv right now.
  14. Feb 3, 2013
    The Big Bang Theory is still the only show on television that is actually funny, but I feel like the acting isn't as good as it used to be. I think it's safe to say Season 6 is not the best of The Big Bang Theory.
  15. Jun 22, 2013
    Even after five seasons, the show still manages to develop never-before-seen, creative, and hysterical plots between all characters. The various twists in the series certainly make me want to watch season 7 immediately!
  16. Jul 5, 2013
    Even after several seasons of hits, "The Big Bang Theory" still manages to make its sixth season a hit. With new scenarios and new jokes along the way, what can you not enjoy at it.
  17. Jan 20, 2014
    The chemistry between each couple still generates laughs, and the alien-like personality of Sheldon Cooper is still the funniest and smartest aspect of the show, but the plotlines are too detailed, too dynamic, and not enough about the four nerds. Wolowitz's flirtatious and sex-crazed personality is gone, which was a particularly hilarious piece in the earlier seasons. Raj's social anxiety is less and less funny, with the addition of Lucy's character, and a t the end of the season, though I will not give any spoilers, his plotline about finding true love is more stale and monotonous than in the beginning years of the show. It's still funny, but slowly dilapidating. By season 8-9, the show will no longer be funny, I predict. Even Sheldon Cooper will become monotonous. Expand
  18. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.

There are no critic reviews yet.