The Big Bang Theory : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2007
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
8.0

1. Aug 8, 2017
    I think it's a good TV show, every character has a characteristic that makes him unique and each with his personality form a single story in a funny way.

Although nerds are criticized by many people, it is a program that shows many of the behaviors they have. We can observe some of his ways of thinking with respect to other people, to women and to society.
  2. Jun 14, 2017
    If you find constant nerdy bull with stereotyped geeks and retarded, not even clever innuendo funny, you will find this hilarious. Please don't hurt me. Watch without laugh track and you will see what dumb crap this truly is. I mean, I'm a nerdy geek who plays games all day but this show is just offensive to my 'geekiness'. Watch Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Young Ones, Seinfeld, ANYTHING but this.
  3. Jun 11, 2017
    This show is pure garbage. Not only is the humor so forced and un-clever that it borderline hurts, but nothing about the characters (other then sheldon) are even remotely believable. The characters are downright awful to each other for the sake of a cheap laugh, and the"nerdiness" could be summed up by a one way trip to FYE and 10 minutes with the internet. A true sign of how bad this showThis show is pure garbage. Not only is the humor so forced and un-clever that it borderline hurts, but nothing about the characters (other then sheldon) are even remotely believable. The characters are downright awful to each other for the sake of a cheap laugh, and the"nerdiness" could be summed up by a one way trip to FYE and 10 minutes with the internet. A true sign of how bad this show is, simply look up "Big bang theory no laughtrack" and feast your eyes on the painfully un-witty and utterly pointless dialogue in its true form. This is truly, and I mean it, the most overrated television show on any network what so ever. A revolting embarrassment in every way. Expand
  4. May 13, 2017
    I've never watched so many consecutive episodes of a comedy without laughing.

Relies heavily on laugh tracks, cheap jokes, and star wars references.

Basically a negative humor That 70s Show.

If we didn't have Seinfeld this would reflect poorly on Jews, it's that bad.
  5. Apr 10, 2017
    while i can appreciate the fun (cheesy but fun) concept and Simon Helberg's exquisite performance all the other actors are bad and the laugh track is distracting, but the writing isn't **** and i cant say that about the seasons that followed.
  6. Oct 22, 2016
    I had another review but my opinion has changed a bit. I still like the show but not as much as I did. My entertainment ranges from mild to sometimes moderate. I'd say it's enjoyable when you can't think of anything else to do.
  7. Oct 21, 2016
    The TV sitcom, ¨The Big Bang Theory¨ is nothing short of legendary. Starting in 2007, The Big Bang Theory has been ruling television for the past nine years. The show plots perfectly the reality of a group of nerdy friends living their strange lives in Pasadena, California, with also adding a lot of humor. The three main characters in Big Bang are Jim Parsons as ¨Sheldon Cooper,¨ JohnnyThe TV sitcom, ¨The Big Bang Theory¨ is nothing short of legendary. Starting in 2007, The Big Bang Theory has been ruling television for the past nine years. The show plots perfectly the reality of a group of nerdy friends living their strange lives in Pasadena, California, with also adding a lot of humor. The three main characters in Big Bang are Jim Parsons as ¨Sheldon Cooper,¨ Johnny Galecki as ¨Leonard Hofstadter,¨ and Kaley Cuoco as ¨Penny.¨ These three are the heart of the Big Bang Theory and this show wouldn’t be heard of without them.
    Jim Parsons does an absolute amazing job playing the role of Sheldon Cooper. Dr. Sheldon Cooper is a brilliant but yet socially awkward Caltech Theoretical physicist. Sheldon didn’t spend long in school considering he got his doctorate at age 12. He admires what he does and thinks very highly of himself. Also, Sheldon’s love for Star Trek is undeniable. What makes Sheldon so funny is he takes everything completely serious. He can’t comprehend sarcasm. Sheldon also usually doesn’t care about other people’s feeling and lots of times can’t tell when they are down. So you could say Sheldon Cooper is one of the smartest people on the planet but in some ways can be the dumbest.
    Sheldon lives with his all time best friend Leonard Hofstadter. Sheldon and Leonard have probably the most complicated friendships ever. They are both very competitive and confident people. Although they often fight they always end up making up because they can’t live without each other. The only thing that differs them is that Leonard has feelings like a normal person. Leonard also cares what people think of him and is a little more laid back then the hyper and paranoid Sheldon. Leonard is quite brilliant himself. He comes from a family from all doctors so it was only right that he become one. An experimental physicist to be exact. Leonard oftentimes complains about his shortness and his asthma. He isn’t the tall, ripped, and athletic man he wishes so dearly that he was.
    The character Penny is a very young, attractive, Nebraska Native that lives right across the hall from Sheldon and Leonard. Penny moved out to California to try and start an acting career, but with little success became a waitress at the Cheesecake factory. Penny is a very outgoing person who likes a good time. Unlike Sheldon and Leonard, Penny is not the brightest. She often can’t comprehend what Sheldon and Leonard are talking about. But her attractiveness keeps Leonard coming back. Right from the start Leonard has been obsessed with Penny. But he is often too scared to tell her how he feels.
    There are two other characters who really shape this tv show. Their names are Raj and Howard. Raj is an astrophysicist who comes from a rich family in India. Raj moved to America in college. One thing that holds Raj back from getting a girl is that he can’t talk to women sober. He freezes up and can’t say a word. That is why he lives alone with his beloved dog. His funny accent and soft side bring more comedy to the show. Howard is the last ¨main character,¨ in this show. He is a Jewish Aerospace engineer. Howard still lives with his mom who loves him dearly. Howard is often made fun of by the guys because he is the only one without a doctorate. Although Howard is always seeking for ladies, him and Raj have quite the bromance. They are best friends and as close of friends you can get without it being weird.
    Even with those five hilarious characters making it a top rated show, The Big Bang Theory can sometimes push the limit when it comes to making perverted jokes. Chuck Lorre, the creator of the show, doesn’t have the actors going out actually saying the negative perverted connotation. But he makes sure the watchers get the point of the nasty jokes. Those moments make me cringe.
    Remember the cartoon show Dexter’s Laboratory? Well The Big Bang Theory has been said to be Dexter’s Laboratory brought to life. Both shows portray four nerdy friends going about life with a not so smart blonde friend. Now Chuck Lorre has never said anything about these two shows having any connection, but once you see these two pictures you’ll have no doubt that they do.

These five friends are all hilarious and maybe a little sketchy in all their own ways. But when they come together it's no doubt the funniest thing you will ever watch. If you are looking for a comedy show to watch this is the perfect match.
  8. Sep 26, 2016
    Shoehorning pop culture references every time doesn't sell a show. The characters are entertaining no doubt and their chemistry is good, but the show itself isn't entertaining or funny. Watched 4 episodes and passed.
  9. Sep 10, 2016
    The show is very funny and still manages to captivate my interest even today. but they rely too much on the use of a laugh track. Even with this in mind, I still would recommend a watch.
  10. May 27, 2016
    BAZINGA BAZINGA BAZINGA. This taught me nothing about the evolution of mankind, I showed this too my students and I was appalled to see sex joke after sex joke. The youngsters shouldn't hear it. Expect a letter in your mailbox.
  11. Apr 7, 2016
    I've actually laughed out loud once or twice, and Jim Parsons' acting is phenomenal for a sitcom, so it gets a 3 instead of a 0. But they reuse jokes. Over, and over, and over, and over...

They conveniently pair up all these geeks with women who are way too attractive for them. And there's no diversity besides Raj's token darker skinned character. Probably the worst thing, though,

Probably the worst thing, though, is that suggesting a character is gay invites raucous laughter. It's cheap and unoriginal, much like a middle school boy calling another boy the three letter "f" word for a quick laugh.
  12. Mar 26, 2016
    TBBT is one of those shows that screenwriters and producers have wet dreams about. A seemingly simple premise that has almost limitless possibilities, allowing the core cast introduced at the start to explore their characters, have the writers develop their backstories and nuances, whilst also allowing for new characters to come along and join in with the fun.

The original TV pilot

The original TV pilot though was a mess and, if you've ever seen it, you'll know why! The main problem was the casting.... There was no chemistry, and the jokes became flat.
    The show wasn't picked up, but undeterred the producers decided to give it another shot. After securing the funds to get it back together they looked to re-cast the three main roles....... And hit the jackpot.....

The show revolves around Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons), a theoretical physicist specialising in string theory. He's a late twenty-something who has a 2-bed apartment in California and is a non-tenured research scientist at Cal-Tec.

The show revolves around his awkwardness and somewhat child-like naivety that comes from being a social outcast as a child, and his inability to deal with any 'real life' situations.
    Needing a room-mate, his subsequent advert is responded to by Leonard Hoffstadter (John Galecki), another Doctor of Physics, but whose specialty resides in theoretic physics.
    The two form an unlikely friendship, and an almost symbiotic relationship that is explored through the series.
    Leonard helps Sheldon come to understand that people can and do need to change.... Sheldon helps Leonard understand that there are things which you can aspire to, beyond what others expect.

The rest of the main narrative comes from the arrival of a new tenant in the apartment building across the hall, in the (lovely) shape of blonde sex-pot Penny (Kely Cuoco). A mid-twenties, wannabe actress from a Central state, she immediately draws the sexual lust of Leonard.

Along with the arrival of Penny, in the pilot, are two other characters. Initially just there for comedic and narrative purposes, the two would (as the series progresses) become an integral part of the show's core themes, although they always remain 'co-stars'. These two are MIT graduate (but not in possession of a Doctorate) Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg), and Astrophysicist Rajesh "Raj" Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar).

Over the course of the first season, we follow along with their (mis)adventures and learn about their pasts, their present, and wants for the future.

It's a great opening salvo of episodes which, if you're one of the few people living in a remote tribal region of Africa and haven't seen..... I wholeheartedly recommend.
  13. Jan 17, 2016
    The Big Bang Theory is a rather funny and original show. This is one of the few shows where the protagonists are scientists renowned in their field and science-fiction fans. In general, the series are about a little genius in the middle of a group of lambdas or popular people, whereas here only Penny is an ordinary young woman alongside a group of scientists. Science has never been soThe Big Bang Theory is a rather funny and original show. This is one of the few shows where the protagonists are scientists renowned in their field and science-fiction fans. In general, the series are about a little genius in the middle of a group of lambdas or popular people, whereas here only Penny is an ordinary young woman alongside a group of scientists. Science has never been so interesting and fun as by watching this show. As we gradually go through the episodes and seasons, we discover the story of the characters, where they come from and we see them evolved. It is found that small group revolves around a main character, Sheldon, this character is definitely the most elaborated of the show. Unfortunately the seasons follow one another and begin to look alike. Sheldon, a character who looks more like a real Artificial Intelligence, loses its luster by meeting Amy. Screenwriters absolutely want to humanize him, but no one really understands the value of such a will. This change is firstly operating slowly through the intervention of Leonard and Penny, then more abruptly with Amy. He meets this neuro-scientific and begin a relationship with her. There are highs and lows, Amy made enormous compromises to stay with Sheldon. It is a relationship that no one really understands, however, doomed to failure the writers will do everything to make it succeed. They split up to better come together again, it becomes almost ridiculous. Over the seasons pass and you notice that the episodes are going round and round in circles. The diagram is very clear, Sheldon makes a whim, for one reason or another early in the episode, the other characters try to stand up to him to finally admit defeat. Sheldon always gets what he wants and it almost becomes tiresome. Leonard is the character who gets together the group of friends but the character is not as well developed as Sheldon. Over the seasons, his only obsession is Penny, it becomes almost sad. The marriage of Leonard and Penny is quite strange. It gives the impression that the screenwriters didn't want to remake a beautiful marriage like that of Howard and Bernadette, so they decided to cut corners by making it to Las Vegas. But despite many flaws and ideas that go round and round in circles, the show remains interesting and fun, packed with homages to other shows and movies. Expand
  14. Jan 8, 2016
    Big Bang Theory is one of the most best tv-shows I have ever seen. Jokes make me always laugh and I really enjoy this show. The characters are really fun especially Sheldon.
  15. Dec 29, 2015
    I may be a bit biased here since I have aspergers, and Sheldon has aspergers (he fits the bill pretty spot on, at least in comparison to me), but I truly enjoy The Big Bang Theory. Yes, there are some cringe-worthy moments, but they're the same type that I've been through.
    This series does what many long-lasting series is afraid to do. It allows the characters to grow over time. In the end, the show can be a turn-off for many people, but for me it is one of my favorite American-made shows, and I hope it can go on for many more years.
  16. Nov 10, 2015
    I wonder if anyone ever noticed that before she married Leonard, Penny was the only cast member who didn’t have a last name. At least I never heard anyone mention it.

What makes “The Big Bang Theory” funny is not just Jim Parsons’ portrayal of Sheldon Cooper, but give some credit to the rest of the cast as well. The writing and acting on the show has not diminished over the years. I

The writing and acting on the show has not diminished over the years. I predict that more interesting plot lines will develop if Howard’s wife becomes pregnant and if Sheldon proposes to Amy.

This is one of the few shows on TV where the cast members not only received a huge increase in salary, but a network signed the show up for a three year renewal.
  17. Nov 2, 2015
    This show really is unfunny, as in not funny at all... in any way. I don't see how some people think this is a good show. It's bad, really bad. I think what tricks some people into thinking the show is funny is the laugh track, which is super obnoxious and plays every time a character speaks. The characters on this show are one dimensional... barely. The jokes... wait can they still beThis show really is unfunny, as in not funny at all... in any way. I don't see how some people think this is a good show. It's bad, really bad. I think what tricks some people into thinking the show is funny is the laugh track, which is super obnoxious and plays every time a character speaks. The characters on this show are one dimensional... barely. The jokes... wait can they still be called jokes, if they're not funny? Doesn't matter, I'll just use quotation marks. The "jokes" range from terrible to stale. I wish this show was on the level of bad where it's so bad it's entertaining to watch -- but unfortunately it's not. Steer well clear of The Big Bang Theory for your own sake.

If you read this review and are a fan of this show I'm sorry, for 3 reasons:
    1. You don't realise what you're watching is bad.
    2. That you have bad taste in TV comedy. And--
    3. That you just read point 2.

Just so it's clear point 2 above isn't necessarily a fact, it's a very emotional statement. There's no accounting for taste.

I'm surprised I haven't gotten around to saying it yet in this review but... I hate The Big Bang Theory (in case you didn't guess, based on my comments above.)

If you're a fan can I ask you a question? -- Why? I mean do you not like funny things? Whatever like I said, there's no accounting for taste. I really have an axe to grind with this show.
  18. Oct 18, 2015
    This show has made me smarter. I use this show when I study for my physics classes. It is so funny, that one time I had to go to the hospital because I was eating a taquito when Sheldon said "Bazinga!" and you bet your butt I laughed like there was no tomorrow. I go around to my friends and family always saying "Bazinga!" and it is sooooo funny. My friends have stopped hanging out with meThis show has made me smarter. I use this show when I study for my physics classes. It is so funny, that one time I had to go to the hospital because I was eating a taquito when Sheldon said "Bazinga!" and you bet your butt I laughed like there was no tomorrow. I go around to my friends and family always saying "Bazinga!" and it is sooooo funny. My friends have stopped hanging out with me because they are so jealous of my funny Bazingas, that they just can't handle. This show is great, and it if ever gets canceled I will end my life because its the only thing worth living for.

BAZINGA!
  19. Oct 1, 2015
    I genuinely enjoyed the first season which was about Leonard and Penny's awkward semi-courtship. The other guys were just background comedy and not too annoying. When season 2 started, Sheldon was brought front and center and there is really nothing funny about him. If Sheldon were a real person, no one would ever hang out with him. He's a terrible person in every way. There is nothingI genuinely enjoyed the first season which was about Leonard and Penny's awkward semi-courtship. The other guys were just background comedy and not too annoying. When season 2 started, Sheldon was brought front and center and there is really nothing funny about him. If Sheldon were a real person, no one would ever hang out with him. He's a terrible person in every way. There is nothing funny about that. His character is is so hard to watch that it's tainted my opinion of the actor. Also, none of the characters seem to be very smart as learning anything new is very difficult for them and their knowledge of geek culture is limited to a few references to comics no one cares about and Star Trek/Star Wars. A very hard show to watch and certainly not very funny. Expand
  20. Sep 29, 2015
    This show goes from strength to strength. A great cast of characters that are all likeable. I've seen many of these episodes multiple times and like Friends it doesnt get old.
  21. Jun 8, 2015
    The cast of characters have become endearing over the seven series. Series five through seven have explored each character a little more deeply to good effect.
    Comedic situations have varied in strength quite a bit, but the settling of relationships has levelled it all off somewhat.
    The plea to Mr Lorre now is Please, PLEASE, don't let the show become a doddering train wreck in the same way as 2 1/2 Men! I feel it is just starting to get a little wobbly already.
  22. May 29, 2015
    Funny and clever, all of them are well performed, Sheldon can be an exaggerated character but he fits perfectly, Leonard is the nexus from nerds to the "real world" represented by Penny, she is gorgeous in her style, derogatory but she likes them. It has little flaws like those Howard's religious things that don't has sense in their environment and the issue of Raj with women would beFunny and clever, all of them are well performed, Sheldon can be an exaggerated character but he fits perfectly, Leonard is the nexus from nerds to the "real world" represented by Penny, she is gorgeous in her style, derogatory but she likes them. It has little flaws like those Howard's religious things that don't has sense in their environment and the issue of Raj with women would be funny for an episode but absurd to continue with that (fortunately last seasons he get over). Is easy to forget the flaws because all of them are so good in their roles, also the environment: Penny's apartment just in front of theirs, the university, the comic store, the way in which any good looking woman makes them crazy, and mainly I love science, fantasy and sci-fi references! Expand
  23. May 29, 2015
    The Big Bang Theory is a really nice TV show about Raj, Leonard, Howard, Penny and of course Sheldon ! I really like this kind of humour, but unfortunately the jokes and everything is getting worse with season 6, 7 and subsequent !

And I HATE AMY, she´s so damn annoying and destroys the nice atmosphere the show once had !
  24. Apr 13, 2015
    When I first watched this show I thought it was kind of funny. But the more I watched the more I was feeling annoyed by the laughing track and the repetitive jokes. Then it just became unbearable.
  25. Jan 23, 2015
    Easily my favorite show of all time. For the record, it has started to get stale and also I dont particularly care for Penny. I think Penny would have been better as a side character fantasy rather than part of the group because she is dull and frankly, Leonards love interest in her is asinine but I suppose it has been tolerable.

As a point of interest, I am definitely a nerd with 2 BS

As a point of interest, I am definitely a nerd with 2 BS degrees in sciences, and 5 AS degrees (because I got bored), and I have a hobby room filled with comics, & video games. I find that the guys in this show are a good example of what nerds/geeks are really like. Of course, they take the characteristics of a nerd to an extreme but believe it or not, real nerds do a lot of the things you see in this show (at various points in a nerds life). Each character exemplifies an extreme aspect of a nerd. For instance, Howard has no self esteem due to social pressures about his way of living and his looks. Sheldon is the analytic aspect taken to an extreme. Raj is the mopey aspect, and Leonard is the part that wants to conform. For the most part, a real nerd is all of them combined but it is funny to see each aspect act separately. Its almost like the infighting that takes place in the head.

I do feel like the show started losing itself when the girls started playing a bigger part in the show. I do love Bernadette and Amy but Penny is very tiring and would not have been an interest to any nerd after a few dates. She is just too boring (and infuriating if she were real), to consider for a serious relationship. That said, the show was more fun when it was less focused on relationships and more on nerd lifestyle. I suppose that they needed to change things up a bit to avoid getting stale but I hope they go back to their roots eventually.

Still, I have never enjoyed a show more than this one and I go back to the 80's.
  26. Nov 27, 2014
    This show is WAY more liked than it deserves to be. It's vulgar, spiteful, generic and while sometimes "Ha-ha" funny, never really impressive. It's okay, I watch it when it's on but that doesn't make it the "Smart" comedy many people seem to confuse it for. The characters are mediocre, and with exception of Howard remarkably bland, the show claims itself to be geeky humor but barelyThis show is WAY more liked than it deserves to be. It's vulgar, spiteful, generic and while sometimes "Ha-ha" funny, never really impressive. It's okay, I watch it when it's on but that doesn't make it the "Smart" comedy many people seem to confuse it for. The characters are mediocre, and with exception of Howard remarkably bland, the show claims itself to be geeky humor but barely understands what geeks are or what interests them to begin with (Little secret. We don't wander the streets playing elemental compound memorization games. That's just flat out stupid) and what concerns me is that it's become a household name. I've some relatives who don't allow their kids to watch "The Simpsons", a mildly edgy but overall heartwarming show that teaches everyone has flaws without coming off as cheesy. These same kids watch "The Big Bang Theory" under the illusion it is "smart humor". One friend even showed it with family because it was "educational". Really?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the show. It's funny sometimes. I really love professor proton, and Howard has some fantastically clever quips about his mother and her remarkably girth. But that's all it is. Something stupid and edgy to laugh at. A dick joke, a racist joke, maybe a "nerds use big words" joke if you're lucky, and it's credits time. Admittedly it can be clever from time to time, but don't confuse it for a clever, or revolutionary show. It's kinda funny, it's pretty stupid, and it's most certainly not something you should be showing your kids.
  27. Nov 14, 2014
    Was good until magically all nerds got supermodel girlfriends. First season is a 7-8. Rest go below 0. Nothing else to say but requires at least 150 characters maybe it'll submit it now.
  28. Nov 4, 2014
    Crap show, crap cast, not funny, overhyped, over promoted. Is this the best we have for TV? Cmon. I hardly know anyone who even watches this unfunny garbage. Give me a break. Terrible.
  29. Oct 25, 2014
    I realized after watching this that the people around me laughing were less than I had imagined. This show changed my life, an awakening of sorts. It sunk in with a profound sense of finality that I am not like them, that I had outgrown my environment.
  30. Sep 24, 2014
    Horrible writing, wooden acting. Sheldon's attitude understandable 8 yrs ago, not after 6 yrs socialization. Not funny; not even same characters. Sad.
  31. Aug 9, 2014
    Una comedia con un fantástico guión, con grandes interpretaciones por parte de sus protagonistas, para mi una de las serie mas graciosa que hay actualmente en televisión.
  32. Aug 5, 2014
    70's era sexist throwback sitcom aimed at trying to put pantomime nerds back in their place. Comes complete with a laugh track that never, ever stops. Also spouts antiquated and obvious pop culture references that could make a decent writer like Dan Harmon or Joss Whedon vomit blood. Probably represents baby boomer fear of millennial generation in some way. If you are 60+ or just resent70's era sexist throwback sitcom aimed at trying to put pantomime nerds back in their place. Comes complete with a laugh track that never, ever stops. Also spouts antiquated and obvious pop culture references that could make a decent writer like Dan Harmon or Joss Whedon vomit blood. Probably represents baby boomer fear of millennial generation in some way. If you are 60+ or just resent smart people, this is the show that will grant you the nostalgic delusion you crave. For everyone else, take a prescribed painkiller at least 30 minutes before attempting to view; then when you inevitably turn it off after 10 minutes, your migraine will already be medicated. Expand
  33. Aug 2, 2014
    After 7 years now the jokes are getting to be a little stale. we get it ok, Sheldon is autistic, Howard is a pervert who lives with his mother, raj cant talk to girls but now apparently Chuck Lorre decided that that joke had run its course and needed to be killed off so now he inexplicably can, penny is an idiotic failed actress and Leonard is just a small clever guy who has a goodAfter 7 years now the jokes are getting to be a little stale. we get it ok, Sheldon is autistic, Howard is a pervert who lives with his mother, raj cant talk to girls but now apparently Chuck Lorre decided that that joke had run its course and needed to be killed off so now he inexplicably can, penny is an idiotic failed actress and Leonard is just a small clever guy who has a good looking girlfriend.

However despite all of this i would still recommend the big bang theory to anyone who hasn't yet seen it because until you see how repetitive the jokes become there are some genuinely funny moments in The Big Bang Theory and even now i still watch every episode because every so often there will be a properly funny joke to make you giggle and it is for that reason that i would heartily recommend the show.
  34. Jul 31, 2014
    This should be called The Big Stereotype. As an admitted geek, this show is offensive. Being a geek doesn't make me a socially inept, misogynistic little twerp who gets off on publicly stroking their intellect. I can play World of Warcraft and not cry like a little girl when something bad happens. Sheldon's account gets hacked and all he can do is burst into whimpering about how lifeThis should be called The Big Stereotype. As an admitted geek, this show is offensive. Being a geek doesn't make me a socially inept, misogynistic little twerp who gets off on publicly stroking their intellect. I can play World of Warcraft and not cry like a little girl when something bad happens. Sheldon's account gets hacked and all he can do is burst into whimpering about how life sucks. Take away the laugh track, post it to Youtube, and you have a viral video that will have people talking about "Have you seen the latest video of a loser crying over a video game?"

The laugh track is just absurd, by the way. I can tolerate laugh tracks when people are actually laughing at jokes. When it's used as a cue that you should be laughing no matter how stupid the content, it just makes things even weaker. "hey Sheldon, what are you doing?" "Trying to play Super Mario 64 on a badly coded emulator" and in roars the laugh track. Seriously? I don't see the joke. Unless it's how poorly written and executed this show is. In that case I can laugh out loud about how terrible that scene is. And the entire show is packed full of scenes just like that one. Extremely poor quality all around and laughably bad. I have tried many times, and not once has any moment I've glimpsed elicited a laugh, or even a smirk. How ironic is it that I want to laugh at the show itself, not what I'm watching?

I have a lot of geeky friends, and not one of them resembles any charact...I mean stereotype on this show. Look elsewhere if you want geeky or cerebral humor.
  35. Jul 26, 2014
    This is the worst sitcom I have ever seen.. The main reason I say this, is any other sitcom even ones I dislike I can usually leave it on in the background and I can continue using my cell phone or browsing the internet etc. But as soon as this show comes on inadvertently after another show I was watching ends, I DIVE FOR THE REMOTE TO CHANGE IT. So many things are annoying about thisThis is the worst sitcom I have ever seen.. The main reason I say this, is any other sitcom even ones I dislike I can usually leave it on in the background and I can continue using my cell phone or browsing the internet etc. But as soon as this show comes on inadvertently after another show I was watching ends, I DIVE FOR THE REMOTE TO CHANGE IT. So many things are annoying about this show.. Lets start off with the ANNOYING VOICES. The one girl with the glasses has the WORST VOICE IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION. Next is the lame joke attempts... Just because you use a "scientific" word in a scenario that does not require it, DOES NOT MAKE THE CONVERSATION FUNNY OR EQUATE TO A JOKE. This really is the number one reason this show is the worst.. This is the whole damn premise of the show.. Someone will say the word like electron or gravity or star trek AND THATS IT THE LAUGH TRACK IS ON and apparently we heard the damn punchline! How someone finds this entertaining is a mystery to me. I graduated with a 3.5 in chemical engineering and tune boilers for power plants across the country. I build and repair computers on the side and setup office networks and domains as well. I am a geek by definition and I absolutely despise this show! WORST SHOW EVER. 0 out of 10 Expand
  36. Jul 24, 2014
    Realmente divertida, no se a que se deben tantas críticas negativas. Allá por 2008 escuchaba que esta sitcom era muy buena y empecé a seguirla en su segunda temporada. Me encantó. Los personajes están muy conseguidos y que decir de Sheldon, magnífico. Todas las bromas siempre tienen gracia, a veces con unas risas de fondo algo exageradas, pero es algo típico de estas series que, al fin yRealmente divertida, no se a que se deben tantas críticas negativas. Allá por 2008 escuchaba que esta sitcom era muy buena y empecé a seguirla en su segunda temporada. Me encantó. Los personajes están muy conseguidos y que decir de Sheldon, magnífico. Todas las bromas siempre tienen gracia, a veces con unas risas de fondo algo exageradas, pero es algo típico de estas series que, al fin y al cabo, ya no me molesta. Decir que las mejores temporadas son las cuatro primera, a partir de la quinta la serie bajo un poco el nivel pero igualmente siempre que la veo me saca unas cuantas sonrisas. Para mi la mejor serie protagonizada por frikis. Muy recomendable. Expand
  37. Jul 20, 2014
    Never knew physics could be funny! Even the first 15 seconds of the show is already hilarious! Especially when Sheldon Cooper talks about his spot and EVERYTHING he knows.
  38. May 30, 2014
    Bazinga!
    This show is hilarious and the cast really make a HUGE difference. Everyone loves Sheldon and his classic pranks, plus Penny(Kaley Cuoco) is hot.

The Big Bang Theory is intellectual, as well as funny.
  39. May 20, 2014
    "Can physics be funny?"

I suppose we'll never know. The question should be "can a poorly conceived sitcom from a team of hacks be funny?" but that might be a little too obvious, even for this show's target audience.
  40. May 11, 2014
    It is one of my favourite shows. Everyone is extremely funny each, on their own way. Each actor starring in this show is amazing. This show is a must see for everyone
  41. Apr 27, 2014
    I tried to watch an episode of the show to see what all of the hype was about. Unfortunately, what I found wasn't very good. The canned laughter seemed very forced, the delivery of the jokes, which were mostly weak in their own right, were not well handled by the actors. And I understand the intellectual humor. This show isn't unfunny because the jokes don't make sense or because theyI tried to watch an episode of the show to see what all of the hype was about. Unfortunately, what I found wasn't very good. The canned laughter seemed very forced, the delivery of the jokes, which were mostly weak in their own right, were not well handled by the actors. And I understand the intellectual humor. This show isn't unfunny because the jokes don't make sense or because they reference video games and science. It's unfunny because most of the jokes are just the references. Simply mentioning protons or some 26-dimension formula can't carry a joke in its own right.

The major sin in the series, though, are the characters. At the start of the series, we meet the two guys and they're presented as socially alienated. Why? Because they're nerds, and that makes them social outcasts. They later meet Penny, whose job is to not understand what anyone else is saying and to be hot. Kinda degrading to see that the main female representation of this show is dumbed down (no pun intended) to a dumb blonde. I had hope when I heard there was two more male characters, hoping for a better set of characters, but they were even worse, outright SAYING VERBATIM that someone couldn't talk to girls because he is a nerd. Having a character like this is acceptable, but having almost every joke in the series be about how four out of the five main characters is a nerd and likes nerd stuff is putting way too many eggs in one basket.

Maybe it gets better. I wouldn't know. I stopped watching after the first episode because I honestly couldn't stand seeing it. And if it's hurting me to watch it, and I would take no pleasure in seeing another episode, then I won't. It doesn't have any redeeming qualities. I can honestly say that there was nothing in it that I enjoyed. If you're reading this before watching, then I say that you should not watch this show.
  42. Apr 6, 2014
    Really funny. This show will please anyone that enjoys witty humor and actors that drive you crazy. This shows humor is well written, acted, and presented to you on television making Jim Parsons place on television as the notorious Sheldon Cooper. a big bang!
  43. SAG
    Mar 28, 2014
    I love this show. Is not a superficial **** like most of the other shows and you can see the producers actually try to put a lot of work on it. It just describes the geek life in a funny way.
  44. Mar 20, 2014
    terrible show. some of the actors are good but a lot of them are not and they repeat the same jokes every single episode. Not sure how its so popular, completely overrated
  45. Feb 22, 2014
    Roteiro criativo e atuações brilhantes, The Big Bang Theory é fresco, e traz uma dose altíssima de humor inteligente isso certamente fara da serie um clássico moderno.
  46. Feb 11, 2014
    The Big Bang Theory is one of the worst shows that I ever seen.I hoped that it might be funnier after a season but it became worse.It`s not funny at all...
  47. Feb 1, 2014
    A show that has its moments and includes a few chuckles, but is mostly overrated by it's central fanbase. The intelligence is unique but somewhat unrelatable. The majority of jokes fall flat and the characters have such annoying tendencies that few think are superior, but aren't comical for others.
  48. Jan 23, 2014
    Critics don't apparently like this very much, but I thought it is a funny show, a bit repetitive altogether, with not many plot twists if at all. Maybe what puts people off is that, unlike Friends or How I Met Your Mother, or other sit-coms, it's not centred on love affairs. I agree the characters are 2-dimensional (some are even 1-dimensional) but it's not a proper, 45-minute long show soCritics don't apparently like this very much, but I thought it is a funny show, a bit repetitive altogether, with not many plot twists if at all. Maybe what puts people off is that, unlike Friends or How I Met Your Mother, or other sit-coms, it's not centred on love affairs. I agree the characters are 2-dimensional (some are even 1-dimensional) but it's not a proper, 45-minute long show so who cares. Expand
  49. Jan 14, 2014
    Being an A-level Physics and Mathematics student makes me understand the jokes very easily at the expense of my mother. Anyways, The Big Bang Theory is probably the best comedy going on, right now and in a matter if two seasons, it has become my favourite show. The chemistry between some of the characters (preferably Sheldon and Penny) is superb and the humour is great. 'Smart is the new sexy.'
  50. Jan 12, 2014
    This is probably one of the worst tv shows of all time, right next to 30 Rock and The Jersey shore. I wouldnt even know where to begin, none of the jokes are funny and they do this nifty trick to try and convince the people that its funny by putting canned laughter after every single bad joke. THey claim that its actually a live studio audience, but thats either a lie or the people areThis is probably one of the worst tv shows of all time, right next to 30 Rock and The Jersey shore. I wouldnt even know where to begin, none of the jokes are funny and they do this nifty trick to try and convince the people that its funny by putting canned laughter after every single bad joke. THey claim that its actually a live studio audience, but thats either a lie or the people are really really reallly high. Expand
  51. Dec 15, 2013
    The Big Bang Theory is supremo geeky type comedy. Sheldon and Lennord (hope spelling is right) steals the show for me. The show is must watch if you love Comedy. Although Raj makes me dissappointed with his acting but overall its a treat to comedy lovers.
  52. Nov 15, 2013
    If you're a Jersey Shore fan, stay away from this sitcom. This one deals with a mature and intelligent audience that knows how to laugh at themselves.
  53. Oct 28, 2013
    Quite a good show (though it's slowly losing it's fun throught the seasons), but they try so hard to make the indian guy (Raj) look miserable that I'm losing all interest in this And I'm not even indian... I just hate that stupid U.S. sense of humor, it's not fun at all, try harder guys.
  54. Oct 27, 2013
    The best sitcom ever, full of nerdy references. I love the characters and all the freak references to Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel comics, manga, etc.
  55. Oct 26, 2013
    It had it's research, and it has the comedic formula, especially from Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki. Kaley, Simon, and Kunaal were also great additions to this playful and unconventional sitcom where the situation is highly improbable. Though my personal favorite was Jim Parsons by far. To act like a pariah when you're not is just plain genius.
  56. Oct 19, 2013
    Sheldon is a person who doesn't understand social occasion. Don't like him so much. However, the show is ok. Love the show, but not Sheldon. Penny is the funnest one.
  57. Oct 11, 2013
    I'm a 55 year-old lady who never watches nerd-type movies or shows; don't like them. With 'Big Bang Theory' however, I have to be careful if I eat and drink while watching the show. If I'm not careful, I'll choke on my food or have liquids coming out of my nose from laughing so hard. Icky description, but SO true! Hands down the funniest show I've seen since 'Soap' in the mid-70s, when II'm a 55 year-old lady who never watches nerd-type movies or shows; don't like them. With 'Big Bang Theory' however, I have to be careful if I eat and drink while watching the show. If I'm not careful, I'll choke on my food or have liquids coming out of my nose from laughing so hard. Icky description, but SO true! Hands down the funniest show I've seen since 'Soap' in the mid-70s, when I was in my 20s. I'm getting the DVDs of all the seasons! Expand
  58. Oct 1, 2013
    A lot of people hate the show for its stereotypical wannabe nerd geek jokes, and I for one was of them those people; but the more I watched, the more I liked.

Of coarse I enjoy a lot of the same activities that the show is based around, including astronomy so I connected to it on a personal level. I expect people in their middle ages with no likes of ANY of those activities to be

I expect people in their middle ages with no likes of ANY of those activities to be extremely bother by it.
  59. Sep 14, 2013
    At first,I think the show is great,I can laugh a lot even sometimes I don't understand the cultural background so much.But the serials is getting more and more boring,pathetic.And I hate SHELTON...
  60. Sep 8, 2013
    So many things to hate about this show. Bazinga, the laugh track, the fact that every character is a stereotype, the forced "nerd culture," the way they present Asperger's, the way they make their audience feel smart by explaining every damn joke to them.

This is one of the most overrated, unfunny shows on TV, and no, I'm not dumb for not liking it. I get the high school general sciences jokes and "geek" references, they're just not funny, and the laugh track isn't fooling me to think they are.
  61. Aug 3, 2013
    Começou fraca, mas deu uma melhorada na reta final, a gente olha as temporadas recentes e percebe o quanto os personagens evoluíram com o tempo, essa foi a temporada mais fraca de todas.
  62. Jul 17, 2013
    "Bazinga", "Zimbabwe" or whatever, I just can't figure out what's supposed to be funny about this show. The characters are more tragic than comic. If it wasn't for the laugh track, this would be a show about 4 aliens that take human form and try to learn how humans act. There is also a girl who I cannot understand for the sake of my life. I mean who could be around those 4 "people" for"Bazinga", "Zimbabwe" or whatever, I just can't figure out what's supposed to be funny about this show. The characters are more tragic than comic. If it wasn't for the laugh track, this would be a show about 4 aliens that take human form and try to learn how humans act. There is also a girl who I cannot understand for the sake of my life. I mean who could be around those 4 "people" for more than 5 minutes and not commit suicide?

The jokes are barely even there. Every time a character makes a video game, comic book or science reference the laugh track rolls in, so I suppose that it's supposed to be funny? It isn't. Simply mentioning stuff isn't enough to make a joke. Penny: "Hey Sheldon what are you doing?" Sheldon: "Playing video games" and then "BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA". Penny: "Hey Sheldon, am I pretty?" Sheldong: "No, science is pretty" "BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". It's not funny, and it's literally the same every single episode. I watched a bunch of episodes of this show, I wanted to give it a chance, I wanted to see what the hype is about. It just turned out the be the same ****ty "jokes"

This show panders terribly to people who think science should be made fun of, and that science is for losers. If you are one of those people then go watch the show, you will probably like it. Just make sure that it doesn't suck up the time you watch your favorite reality TV show.
  63. Jul 11, 2013
    Terrible. The writing, acting, and overall production is terrible. I cant believe people would watch this, if you like good tv. Stay away from this show.
  64. Jul 5, 2013
    "The Big Bang Theory" is smart as it should be (revolves around physicists and the complexity of science), and has solid humor that will appeal to everyone. With characters original and hilarious to watch (Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco are always fun to watch onscreen together) give this series a big thumbs up. It won't take a nerd to tell you that "The Big Bang Theory" is smart.
  65. Jun 27, 2013
    Not funny at all, and makes me feel as if my IQ drops numbers every time I hear it in the background. There's a laugh track that goes off about every 5 seconds to something that is just completely idiotic. I would not suggest anyone who is caught up in technology has any bit of intelligence to watch this show.
  66. Jun 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. diálogos que te hacen pensar y reír al mismo tiempo y enconjugacion a las situaciones que viven los personajes. Personajes bien creados y con una función cada uno en el grupo. Comedia inteligente. Expand
  67. Jun 22, 2013
    Perfect chemistry between the main characters, with Sheldon's quirkiness, Leonard's urge for love, Howard's flirtatiousness, Raj's awkwardness, and Penny's extroversion. Perfect for all audiences, this show will undoubtedly break you into fits of laughter.
  68. Jun 18, 2013
    Hey a chuck Lorre sitcom hell yeah Actually no.... Two and a half men made me cry with laughter such good depth and now we have a show with racial Indian stereotypes and half of the script is Sheldon talking.....continuous confusing jibber jabber HAHAHAH SO FUNNY that audience must be drugged honestly. The show is no where near as good as two and a half men and each episode is like aHey a chuck Lorre sitcom hell yeah Actually no.... Two and a half men made me cry with laughter such good depth and now we have a show with racial Indian stereotypes and half of the script is Sheldon talking.....continuous confusing jibber jabber HAHAHAH SO FUNNY that audience must be drugged honestly. The show is no where near as good as two and a half men and each episode is like a completely new world like a fresh Start like nothing in the past episode matters....they need to learn to have depth...and story like HIMYM for instance disappointment but a few good Howard and Amy laughs to be honest Expand
  69. May 30, 2013
    The show itself isn't so bad. The characters are funny in their own way, although they are very stereotyped (but maybe that's what make them fun). The real annoying thing in this show is the omnipresent audience laughter.
  70. May 21, 2013
    The big bang theory is one of the funniest sitcoms since NBC's Friends. It does not have much story but it is certainly the funniest t.v shows on CBS, beating "How I Met Your Mother" & "Two and a half men" by a huge margin in its number of viewers. The first season might seem a bit slow but in the second season the writing becomes much better.
  71. May 5, 2013
    This is one of the most original comedy series ever put on TV, and definitely the most original in the current "reality" show laden lineups. TBBT is an exploration of a lot of modern life: geek culture, relationship defectiveness on both sides of the gender fence, career oddities, egos, and general weirdness. Following the (often mis-)adventures of four geeks and one slightly-below-normalThis is one of the most original comedy series ever put on TV, and definitely the most original in the current "reality" show laden lineups. TBBT is an exploration of a lot of modern life: geek culture, relationship defectiveness on both sides of the gender fence, career oddities, egos, and general weirdness. Following the (often mis-)adventures of four geeks and one slightly-below-normal neighbor, later joined by two highly intelligent women, TBBT is all about the interactions of people who are book smart with the world. The characters are believable and you can relate to them (even though six out of the seven are geniuses). The comedic writing and timing are bang on, and even rewatching episodes will still pull laughs out of you in part because although it may cover similar subjects, it always does it in a new way. How many ways can someone with a 160 IQ screw up a relationship? A lot, and they're all funny. If the idea of smart-funny is your cup of tea (like Castle or, less funny, Bones), Big Bang Theory is for you. It's one of those "I've just had a lousy day and want to be happy now" shows; the kind you can turn to for a lighthearted pick-me-up when you need it most. The Big Bang Theory solidly earns a 10 from me, with high hopes that it will continue. Expand
  72. Apr 25, 2013
    This is a series of the most fantastic time, the jokes are well thought out the persongens are incredibly charismatic, sometimes even with a good dose of black humor, and a funny and captivating series
  73. Apr 20, 2013
    If your in to comedies like "Two and a Half Men" and "Mike an Molly" then you'll love this one. It's a super hilarious show that takes you into a world of scientific knowledge. I figured it would be a tough idea to come up. Not to mention that there's so much scientific and historical information that the show likes to bring up. But when you these ideas together, you get one hilariousIf your in to comedies like "Two and a Half Men" and "Mike an Molly" then you'll love this one. It's a super hilarious show that takes you into a world of scientific knowledge. I figured it would be a tough idea to come up. Not to mention that there's so much scientific and historical information that the show likes to bring up. But when you these ideas together, you get one hilarious brainy show. I think that what really keeps the show entertaining are the actors. Simon Helberg (Howard), Johnny Galecki (Leonard), Kunal Nayyer (Raj) and of course Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper). Yet out of all of them, Jim's character really stands out. Him playing a gigantic know-it-all who still doesn't tend to get the hang of sarcasm really brings the show to life. Not only that, but I love each episode tends to keep up with current events, such as keeping up with different superhero movies. It just shows that they can come up with hilarious screenplay off of our everyday lives. Overall, it's a smart and hilarious comedy that's hard to master. Expand
  74. Mar 24, 2013
    What can I say, this is the best sitcom on television today. Amazing characters are included, all having wonderful character development. Perfect screenwriting and acting shines through every season.
  75. Feb 14, 2013
    Sure, this is right out of Chuck Lorre's boilerplate sitcom machine. But it's hilarious. All 5 characters are likable. The Super nerd, the Indian guy, the jewish guy, the nerd who is a little more socially aware, and the cute blonde who isn't a scientist but has street smarts and self deprecating sense of humor. The writing is fantastic. Many laugh out loud jokes. Compared to Friends, TwoSure, this is right out of Chuck Lorre's boilerplate sitcom machine. But it's hilarious. All 5 characters are likable. The Super nerd, the Indian guy, the jewish guy, the nerd who is a little more socially aware, and the cute blonde who isn't a scientist but has street smarts and self deprecating sense of humor. The writing is fantastic. Many laugh out loud jokes. Compared to Friends, Two and a Half Men, Frasier, etc; this is a cut above the usual Network sitcom crap. Expand
  76. Jan 29, 2013
    I love this show. As a socially awkward science nerd myself, this show really appeals to me. Sheldon is absolutely hilarious... I still can't figure out whether I'm supposed to love him or hate him.
  77. Jan 25, 2013
    This show appals me, first of all the humour is forced and repetitive, it all revolves around Sheldon's OCD/Autistic tics. Second of all, I find this offensive, as it basically states that intelligent people are social train wrecks.
  78. Jan 25, 2013
    I used to like the show until the producers started
    airing episodes that were making fun of nerds, of
    women who are not salaried and are struggling and insulting christianity and its beliefs. The whole
    show is basing itself on disrespect toward others
    and religion. I do not think people should watch it.
  79. Dec 29, 2012
    This is one of the most overrated shows ever. Yes, it has its moments. But it hardly belongs in the same breath as real sitcoms like Friends, Seinfeld, or even King of Queens. My primary problem with the show, is that the "nerd" factor is just way too overstated. And the characters' quirks are also overcooked -- i.e. Sheldon's knocking, Howard's mother, Raj's selective mutism. A lotThis is one of the most overrated shows ever. Yes, it has its moments. But it hardly belongs in the same breath as real sitcoms like Friends, Seinfeld, or even King of Queens. My primary problem with the show, is that the "nerd" factor is just way too overstated. And the characters' quirks are also overcooked -- i.e. Sheldon's knocking, Howard's mother, Raj's selective mutism. A lot of the supporting characters are also just plain obnoxious -- Amy, Leslie, Leonard's mom, Wheaton and especially Barry (so fweakin' pwayed). It's too late now, but if the show could have toned it down, this had the potential to be a much better series. It is still somewhat watchable, mostly because it is better than some of the other rubbish on TV (i.e. Wedding Band, ugh). But it is mediocre at best as a comedy. Expand
  80. Dec 27, 2012
    I see myself as a geek. In fact I even think this show is not nerdish enough. Why do they play D&D on a board? Why not Gurps or Shadowrun? Why do they play X-BOX 360 when they could be playing old classics or dwarf fortress? I can identify myself with the characters in the show, especially with Sheldon and Leonard but for my taste there is still not enough nerd culture in this show. OnI see myself as a geek. In fact I even think this show is not nerdish enough. Why do they play D&D on a board? Why not Gurps or Shadowrun? Why do they play X-BOX 360 when they could be playing old classics or dwarf fortress? I can identify myself with the characters in the show, especially with Sheldon and Leonard but for my taste there is still not enough nerd culture in this show. On the other hand I can watch it with my girlfriend so it's maybe also a good thing they didn't carry the geek stuff to excess. Expand
  81. Dec 26, 2012
    Watch Season two. It was the best. This is comedy that many people don't even understand, comedy that is character based. This is my favorite show. In order to get the jokes, to understand the humor, you have to know the characters. Know who they are. If you watch this show, pay attention! Listen to what they say! They're not just stock nerds, they are good and entertainingWatch Season two. It was the best. This is comedy that many people don't even understand, comedy that is character based. This is my favorite show. In order to get the jokes, to understand the humor, you have to know the characters. Know who they are. If you watch this show, pay attention! Listen to what they say! They're not just stock nerds, they are good and entertaining characters. Also you should understand at least some of the science. The situations in this show aren't funny. It's the characters and the way they interact and interpret things that is funny. In season 2 especially, there were several laugh-out-loud moments per episode. Jim Parsons as Sheldon steals the show, Johnny Galeki (Leonard) and Kaley Cuoco (Penny) are also excellent. The first three seasons were nearly perfect. Season four and later, everything starts to deteriorate. It's still a better show than average, but not by a lot. There is a stronger female presence, which I'm sure was done primarily to even out the men and women for the viewers that thought that it was a guy's show. It wasn't. The addition of these characters (namely Amy and Bernadette) was not necessary, and generally takes a lot away from the show. The whole gang of geniuses (except for Sheldon) slowly get dumber and more normal as the show goes on, with some lines or visuals to remind you that they're supposed to be smart. They were in seasons 1-3... but now they are more or less normal. Those are my only real problems, otherwise this show is a brilliant mix of fantasy and reality, as well as well thought out character based humor for the first three seasons... and a few nice moments in the later three. Not to offend anyone, but any negative reviews you see probably just don't understand the humor, or maybe think the show is too far-fetched from reality. This is not a sitcom. A sitcom throws moderately wacky characters into whacky situations. This is character based humor, which throws truly special characters into dull situations with their personalities the only source of laughs... albeit a great one. Expand
  82. Dec 18, 2012
    This show is just so stupid another boring sitcom that just sucks like every sitcom ever invented the characters suck and never ever watch this show ever you will never laugh PERIOD!
  83. Dec 13, 2012
    The show falls flat in terms of jokes & delivery to the characters.

The show falls flat in terms of jokes & delivery to the characters.

I've recently started watching this series from the high recommendation of a friend and the high IMDb rating of 8.6 and 8.0 from the users on here. I cannot fathom why this show is deserving of such a high score. I understand most (70 to 80%) of their science references, it's not funny. Even the ones I don't get are not funny, so I don't think it's a matter of getting them or not. I understand why the "jokes" are jokes, but I don't find them that funny. Perhaps it's because the jokes seem predictable as the whole setup of the show seems standard with nothing more added than the flavor of geekery. I'm not against geekery, Scott Pilgrim vs the World & The IT Crowd are fantastically funny shows. I feel this show is not. I don't understand why the studio audience is laughing when they do laugh either, it seems absurd to me as I think "really....you're laughing at that? And that too? Are you all drunk?". Perhaps the humor stems from the characters who are so stereotypical it's tiring and predictable. Niles and Fraiser on the show "Fraiser" were stereotypical pompous characters, but the humor around them were not predictable and they were funny.

I really tried to like the series, I watched 7 episodes in total. I watched the first four episodes which I did not find funny. Then I asked my friend to name me what episodes he found the funniest, and watched them (S01E13 & S03E22). They were a little better, but wasn't doing it for me. So then I asked on the IMDb forum which they considered the best/funniest of the whole series. Many of them said S03E08, watched it and still not that great IMHO. I'm giving up on the series.
  84. Nov 29, 2012
    This gets a one instead of a zero because the character of Sheldon, while extremely overrated, is played very well and is occasionally funny (if you can get past the shame of snickering along with the howling laugh track). I can say that I only watched the first season of this show and caught random episodes since then - I was sick of it after the second episode. None of the charactersThis gets a one instead of a zero because the character of Sheldon, while extremely overrated, is played very well and is occasionally funny (if you can get past the shame of snickering along with the howling laugh track). I can say that I only watched the first season of this show and caught random episodes since then - I was sick of it after the second episode. None of the characters are likeable, particularly the girl next door who is the most annoying straight man character I have ever run across. I agree with another review that said that the fans of this show are all the worst types - people who like to claim that they are "geeks" or "so wierd" because they like superheroes or Star Wars and are socially inept. I feel like my brain cells die a little every time I am forced to watch this in someone else's home and politely avoid ranting about it until I get into the car. Also, I am 27, and yes, I get the references. Not impressed. Expand
  85. Nov 26, 2012
    very funny show, Sheldon is my favorite character. The jokes are not as scientific as people say, so anyone can get them. Unlike some "comedy" shows this show does not loose its appeal by over dramatization
  86. Nov 22, 2012
    This show is very well written, with a huge fan base that stands behind it. This show accurately portrays the life of an actual "nerd", and provides some laughs and humorous situations, too. Anyone that says that they added a laugh track and gave this an awful review shouldn't have written their review, they know far too little about this show. Anyone that has watched this show for awhileThis show is very well written, with a huge fan base that stands behind it. This show accurately portrays the life of an actual "nerd", and provides some laughs and humorous situations, too. Anyone that says that they added a laugh track and gave this an awful review shouldn't have written their review, they know far too little about this show. Anyone that has watched this show for awhile knows that they film this show in front of a live studio audience, there is no laugh track. So that laughter you hear behind those "lame" jokes? That's the actual opinion of the majority of viewers. To BowsAndArrows and anyone else that feels such about this show, if this is what makes you scared for America's well being, look at literally every other station. "Hillbilly Handfishin'", "Honey Boo-Boo"! Are they being serious? Expand
  87. Oct 29, 2012
    Absolutely hilarious. Being a young person, I understand so many of the references that are given. The acting is good, with Sheldon being such a funny character. :)
  88. Sep 29, 2012
    Amazing opening to this spectacular and comedic series! The characters are so lovable and it was one of the highlights of this show that is becoming a cultural icon.
  89. Sep 27, 2012
    100th Monkey Phenomenon with a Bang! [PART I: Answers]

The Game:
    Can you recognize the personalities and characters of those from the tv show The Big Bang Theory?

Best Answers:

1. Penny, a blonde waitress, natural genius at chess (
  90. Aug 27, 2012
    As a self confessed geek, this show is just hilarious. The jokes are not mean or cruel, they just have an element of truth in them, situations or character traits are often taken to the extreme of course, which always makes for the best comedy.
  91. Aug 8, 2012
    A hilarious show with well thought out characters and episodes. Although the jokes about nerd culture won't appeal to all, and the sex references seem out of place it's a show I can recommend. And has me dying to watch season 2.
  92. Aug 8, 2012
    I absolutely love this show, it's brought me laughs in ways that I couldn't have imagined, its so different from your usual comedy that it makes it great, although I know that if another sitcom tried to copy it's style, it wouldn't work because it wouldn't have any Sheldon in it.
  93. Jul 29, 2012
    This show is HILARIOUS. I was laughing my butt off because it is so funny. I'd say that this show is for maybe 12 and up. It is truly a great show and one that will be one of the greats in my book :)
  94. Jul 10, 2012
    Atrociously overhyped. People who say they are nerds told me that I'd love this show. Honestly, The BIg Bang Theory is blackface for nerds. It's insulting to people who love geeky stuff, and to women in general, considering Penny is only there for the male characters to treat her like an alien because that's what the writers think people who are nerds do. How is this funny? JustAtrociously overhyped. People who say they are nerds told me that I'd love this show. Honestly, The BIg Bang Theory is blackface for nerds. It's insulting to people who love geeky stuff, and to women in general, considering Penny is only there for the male characters to treat her like an alien because that's what the writers think people who are nerds do. How is this funny? Just because you play a laugh track after every line doesn't mean it'll be the funniest thing ever. Expand
  95. Jun 17, 2012
    The Big Bang Theory is a funny, geeky and smart. Full of funny references from comic, movie and video games witch will make you laugh and some lol moments. The Big Bang Theory Season 1 8.1/10
  96. Jun 10, 2012
    This show attracts the worst kind of fanbase: pretentious smart people who think they're better than everyone, dumb people who laugh at anything that sounds funny or "weird", and people who think that they turn smart by watching this show. And for what? A show with the worst laughtrack ever that laughs at inappropriate times? I remember a clip where the audience was howling with laughterThis show attracts the worst kind of fanbase: pretentious smart people who think they're better than everyone, dumb people who laugh at anything that sounds funny or "weird", and people who think that they turn smart by watching this show. And for what? A show with the worst laughtrack ever that laughs at inappropriate times? I remember a clip where the audience was howling with laughter when he told Penny that he was playing SM64 on an emulator. Is that really a joke? This show does not get its laughs from good writing, it gets its laughs from the characters being wacky and unorthodox. That is just some plebeian **** right there I'm sorry, but if you watch this show, then you the worst kind of person. Expand
  97. Jun 1, 2012
    I'll just say it out loud. This show appeals to people who think they're smart because they "get" the scientific references or, as one might call them, jokes. Unforunately most of these fall totally flat and the added laugh track doesn't help. Quite the contrary, in my opinion it just reinforces the thought of this show being catered to not so smart people who have to be told when a jokeI'll just say it out loud. This show appeals to people who think they're smart because they "get" the scientific references or, as one might call them, jokes. Unforunately most of these fall totally flat and the added laugh track doesn't help. Quite the contrary, in my opinion it just reinforces the thought of this show being catered to not so smart people who have to be told when a joke was made. The actors are pretty bad in their delivery, I'm not surprised we don't see these people in any others works. The sheldon character is particularly badly played, with every line being so over the top it's just bafflin to me how this can be appealing. Also I don't see a lot of comedic talent in these actors, the delivery is usually very flat and emotionless. I get how the jokes are supposed to be funny but most of the times they just aren't. Occasionally a joke works but even then it's just mildly funny. I know the show because sometimes I sit through an episode with my flat mates, who like it. If you're looking for a decent sitcom, watch the first five seasons of Scrubs. Expand
  98. May 24, 2012
    I heard so much hype about this show that I decided to give it a shot and watched maybe 5 episodes with the hopes that it might improve. I honestly didn't find it entertaining in the least, much less, funny. I consider myself a geek in a lot of respects so I thought I could empathize with the characters, but they're at best just stereotypical characters making for stale entertainment. TheI heard so much hype about this show that I decided to give it a shot and watched maybe 5 episodes with the hopes that it might improve. I honestly didn't find it entertaining in the least, much less, funny. I consider myself a geek in a lot of respects so I thought I could empathize with the characters, but they're at best just stereotypical characters making for stale entertainment. The creators don't seem to see that understanding references to geek/nerd culture does't and and of itself make the show appealing to geeks and nerds. I don't mean to make a broad generalization here, but the friends of mine who do enjoy this show are the ones who have high thresholds for offensive content (i.e.: the idea that women will stop being rational and forgive your wrongs if you give them a tiara) and are typically thought of as the daft ones in the group, though, they don't identify as geeks or nerds either. Expand
  99. May 8, 2012
    The first series gets off to a shaky start, but as the series gets deeper into the lives of the characters, you get to know them a lot more which helps with the humour in the sitcom.
  100. ETV
    Apr 21, 2012
    Love This Show. The first season is a lot better than other shows. You have to watch.... You'll be addicted. I adore Sheldon... And of course his relationship with Penny. It just gets better

1. It may not be a creative breakthrough, but it's lots funnier than the universal equation would predict.
  2. Standard setup? Sure. Standard execution? For the most part.
    The show might even have been engaging, if the one-liners came less frequently and the characters had a little more dimension. As it is, Sheldon and Leonard are merely laughable, if sweet, and they are even less fleshed out than the characters on "Two and a Half Men."