• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 16, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
5.9

1. Jul 15, 2011
    Nobody thinks this show is funny, or good. The acting is sub-par, the writing is horrible and the plot line is gruesome and inaccurate. Please cancel it. Thank you.
  2. Oct 2, 2011
    This will be the show that kills Laura Linney. Both literally and figuratively. I have no idea why she agreed to do this. Very preachy and repetitive and overall not well written. I am giving it a 1 because I like the supporting cast, especially Gabby Sidibe
  3. Oct 2, 2011
    I have seen better, especially from Laura Linney. This show could possibly ruin her career, as well as that of the remainder of the cast. The writing just isn't good anymore.
  4. Oct 2, 2011
    IHATETHISSHOWIHATETHISSHOWIHATETHISSHOW. The first season was okay but the second season was beyond awful. God did Laura Linney become annoying. I used to LOVE HER TO PIECES but this show has forever changed my opinion. Good job Showtime. Good job.
  5. Oct 2, 2011
    This is comedy? I'm sorry, I haven't laughed once while watching this. I find Laura Linney annoying and she looks like a bulldog. Gabby Sidibe is great, but the rest of the cast is horrible.
  6. Nov 27, 2011
    If you want to see a GOOD cancer performance, check out Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad. Because honestly with this show you will just get angry. This is a bad show.
  7. Nov 27, 2011
    One of the worst shows in a long time. It's full of wasted talent and bad writing. Its not funny, its not even good at being dramatic. Would anybody really be upset if this show got cancelled? No.
  8. Jan 9, 2012
    Laura Linney needs to go back to movies. This show is an unorganized and inaccurate projection of cancer with a main character that is far too unlikeable.

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jun 28, 2011
    Having a character and her family deal with a potentially fatal illness is such a rich arena for both drama and black comedy, but so far, The Big C hasn't been able to mine that topic with consistent freshness and depth.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Jun 27, 2011
    Linney is a fine actress, but her material here doesn't match her talents.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 27, 2011
    The Big C feels much more alive, even though it's a show about a woman, Cathy (Laura Linney), who's dying of stage 4 cancer.