• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 7, 2011
  • Season #: 1
7.1

1. Feb 9, 2011
    This show is horrible. Nothing more than FOX's half-baked attempt at a cop show. All the characters are 2D and the setting of Chicago does nothing for this show. No redeeming qualities. No high points. No better than glee. The dialogue is typical and horrible.
  2. Feb 9, 2011
    This show makes me cringe. It's what's killing the cop show. Nothing more than violence with a shallow all-too-typical corruption story. There is no integrity to the cops. There is no realism to the grit. It is the lowest level of show you could ask for. But what could you expect from FOX.
  3. Feb 9, 2011
    This show stinks of old cop show standards. It has no nostalgia. It has no authenticity. The only thing this show has is pretty faces and Chicago. I wonder if the people who wrote this show were drunk or at gunpoint when they wrote this garbage. It is the last thing you should watch on Monday. Don't even waste your time, go watch The Cape, it's better than this crap.
  4. Feb 9, 2011
    I wouldn't wish this show on my worst enemy. It has a paper-thin plot, horribly written characters and a setting that's only grit rests on its politicians( whom are featured but so horribly written and executed) . I would highly recommend to FOX that this show be canceled immediately. But considering that this show is lackluster, it'll probably stay on the air. (Because people don't likeI wouldn't wish this show on my worst enemy. It has a paper-thin plot, horribly written characters and a setting that's only grit rests on its politicians( whom are featured but so horribly written and executed) . I would highly recommend to FOX that this show be canceled immediately. But considering that this show is lackluster, it'll probably stay on the air. (Because people don't like intellectual, brilliant shows anymore, especially on FOX.) Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2011
    Wanted to like this show but after 5 episodes I stopped watching. It's really a poor man's The Wire, predictable and cartoonish where the HBO show was credible and complex. The main detective character is portrayed as uber tough and beyond clever, despite being relatively young. The relationship between him and Jennifer Beals is laughably unbelievable. And the conservative politics thatWanted to like this show but after 5 episodes I stopped watching. It's really a poor man's The Wire, predictable and cartoonish where the HBO show was credible and complex. The main detective character is portrayed as uber tough and beyond clever, despite being relatively young. The relationship between him and Jennifer Beals is laughably unbelievable. And the conservative politics that underscore the storylines is blatant. At least The Good Wife, another, much better Chicago show, gives equal time to both sides of the spectrum. Expand
  6. Feb 20, 2011
    There will be no Season 2. This show is terrible. What a shame, was hoping for something great....like the Shield.

I read the show will be canceled soon...it won't even survive season 1
  7. Feb 9, 2011
    This show is bologna. Worst show on FOX, and that's a lot to say with the advent of glee. I cannot stress enough that this show is a waste of time. Anyone who would dare watch this show after its first episode is nuts. I hope this show is canceled.
  8. Feb 11, 2011
    I loved the opening scene in my favorite hardware store in Forest Park. It was downhill after that. Trite and predictably over the top. C'mon the superintendent's uniform looked stupid on Beals, especially the oversized general's hat. She's 47 . . . let her look that old so the part is credible. I'll probably watch a couple of more episodes to catch some Chicago scenery, but once thatI loved the opening scene in my favorite hardware store in Forest Park. It was downhill after that. Trite and predictably over the top. C'mon the superintendent's uniform looked stupid on Beals, especially the oversized general's hat. She's 47 . . . let her look that old so the part is credible. I'll probably watch a couple of more episodes to catch some Chicago scenery, but once that thrill is gone, little to keep me hanging on. Expand
  9. Feb 28, 2011
    Hands down this is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. The writing is terrible, the acting worse, although Jennifer Beals does try. We started counting one night to see how many times the phrase "Irish Mob" was used and sufice to say if one were playing a drinking game it would be a black out night before the first half hour was over. Tonight the phrase "Irish potatohead" was actuallyHands down this is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. The writing is terrible, the acting worse, although Jennifer Beals does try. We started counting one night to see how many times the phrase "Irish Mob" was used and sufice to say if one were playing a drinking game it would be a black out night before the first half hour was over. Tonight the phrase "Irish potatohead" was actually uttered. I am third generation Irish, and I do not keep my facial parts in a box. We now watch it to laugh ourselves sick it is so bad. Fox get a clue this show is awful - take it off! Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Feb 9, 2011
    It's extremely well cast, uses its Windy City locations beautifully and has an energy that grabs you pretty much from the first scene. Monday nights are really, really crowded, but you need to make room for this show.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Feb 8, 2011
    The show is point-blank, but somewhat brilliantly so.
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Feb 7, 2011
    The show is an intelligent addition to the Fox lineup, with both the broad canvas of "The Wire" and the street procedural of "NYPD Blue" in its DNA.