• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2013
  • Season #: 1
6.5

1. Sep 27, 2013
    The pilot was really fast paced, the 20 minutes felt like 5 but I already love all the characters. Definitely Ally Mc Beal 2.0. A bunch of Crazy people with a lot of heart. Can't hardly wait to know them a little bit more and to explore their universe. All the actors have great chemistry together especially Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar. James Wolk was a nice revelation and on top of that Kelly Clarkson was hilarious. Yep, this is great TV. The show has so much potential, I hope the writers will meet my expectations. The next episodes should focus a little bit more on the father daughter relationship. This is where, IMO, The Crazy Ones could stand out of the crowd and became a nice "dramedy". Expand
  2. Sep 29, 2013
    I loved first episode and 20 minutes passed really fast with myself laughing all the time and felling in love with characters especially Sarah. David E. Kelly made crazy show worth of my time and i can't wait to see what will happen next. I saw some users talk about "Product Placement" but this show can't really not talk about major companies as this show is about those major comapnies and advartasing and i just believe that people try to see negative in things that should be viewed as positive. Keep up the good work cast and keep making us laugh. Expand
  3. Oct 7, 2013
    I'm usually leery of 30 minute shows with live audiences and/or canned laughter but there's nothing to worry about with The Crazy Ones. Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar along with the rest of the cast are absolutely wonderful! I find that Robin isn't over the top but still presents is fabulous sense of humor while the rest of the case have their own unique personalities that work well together and total heart. I'm looking forward to each episode and applaud the writers and actors for doing a wonderful job!!!! Expand
  4. Dec 27, 2013
    I absolutely love this show it's witty, funny and all around entertaining. I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys clever comedy. Robin Williams is of course fantastic.
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    Read all the reviews here... disagree with most of them.

First, the show is 20 minutes long and like all shows with that time length they either feel way too fast, or JUST right. This show feels too fast, even for me. Why? Because Robin williams is a chatterbox and scenes with him fly RIGHT past you, in a good way!

Robin is brilliant. if you like him, you'll love the show. if you
    don't, you won't. He carries it.

SMG lame, she always has been in my opinion. She plays the wicked right, but everything else comes off forced. here.... her lameness is PART of the character. It's perfect, she's damaged goods because her father is a crazy man. That simple. The plot? It's Robin williams selling people on "Different is good".

Different IS good, and while this show has similarities to other Ad agency shows, or procedural detective shows, it's humor is above par.

Branding- Mcdonalds, clarkson, etc etc.. Uh, Fools, you get product placement EVERYWHERE you look. having it on a show like this is almost anti-product placement. No one is going to buy Mcdonalds that didn't buy it before. No one is going to listen to clarkson if they didn't listen to her before. It's not product placement here, rather it's "look, we got power, money, and fame, and we will make our episodes about real things and real people, and real issues, while being funny as hell about it."The fact that they got mcdonalds/clarkson for the first episode shows you the POWER they have behind the show. Give it some time and this could be our Cameo show w/ Robin williams, and that ain't bad. In fact, it's perfect for what I want.
    I really like the interplay between the two male ad geniuses.

Give this show some time and I'm sure we will quickly see it grow into it's own, and be even better.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2013
    Williams's humming energy is charming (and more softly winsome than it used to be.) The challenge is to surround him with actors with enough skill to play off or with him. Gellar, as his daughter, doesn't quite pull it off. Hamish Linklater, as an art director, does. [4 Nov 2013]
  2. Reviewed by: Henry Goldblatt
    Oct 11, 2013
    Ultimately your enjoyment still depends on whether or not Robin Williams' patter--which needs to be dialed back about 20 percent--makes you crazy.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Sep 26, 2013
    The whole thing is so poorly conceived and executed.... It’s a misfire for an undeniable TV talent.